Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: DICKW Transforming his Scoot  (Read 26203 times)

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
Re: DICKW Transforming his Scoot
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »

lookin good dick :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2009, 09:14:03 PM »

Nice job DickW, who makes that trailer.

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »

Nice job DickW, who makes that trailer.

http://www.sarasotatrailers.com/

The Autumn Haze on there website was my old one for the 06.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

mustysharley

« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »

dude
is that the same painter that painted your side covers??????????

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »

dude
is that the same painter that painted your side covers??????????

That's good Joe.........

Same one that has them anyway...... :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2010, 01:52:21 AM »

Dick...looking forward to seeing it all in person one of these fine days.

mustysharley

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »

hey bro
knowing that i won't be riding for a few months, i want to run this past you. the detachable tour pak (53246-09A) is only used to put the tour pak back on, so if i'm just going to put it in the attic, for now, not really needed to start off with, right? so i should be able to just get the 4 pt. docking kit (54205-09), detach sissy bar (52627-09), backrest pad (52920-98A) and the quick disconnect kit (70032-09) and a slim line seat, and then follow your blog. i've got a new set of J&M bat wing speakers, so i guess i'll order the antenna you used and put them in together. one more thing. did you remove the CB & RADIO harnesses? or just hide them? Trisha and i are looking forward to coming up there in the spring and riding with you and carrie and hook up with NAPALM! thank you for the input on this project
ride safe
Joe  :2vrolijk_21:

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2010, 04:01:08 PM »

Joe

If you aren't going to put the TP back on, then I guess you won't need the kit. Options are always good though.

In the long run it's probably cheaper if you get the kit, it comes with everything you need to make the TP truly detachable. It will go back on in a snap.

Radio and CB antennas are gone, I used the J&M Hidden for the CB and Antenna Concepts for the radio. As far as the passenger Communications.......... I ran it up the backbone and into the fairing. Carrie never uses it and never will.

You really need to think about putting an Amp in the batwing because you are going to loose the stock one. You will need something to push the music. I doubt you'll be happy with the radio pushing those speakers.

I would only want to do this once so make sure you are going to be happy with you sound system.

Dick

mustysharley

« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »

good thoughts
i do plan on putting it back on, so i guess i'll do it once and do it right. did you check my H-D numbers? i think i have the right parts identified. did you change the AMP?
I have the extra time, so it won't matter to leave the bike apart. this way, it will be ready in the spring. see ya soon bro
Joe

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »

good thoughts
i do plan on putting it back on, so i guess i'll do it once and do it right. did you check my H-D numbers? i think i have the right parts identified. did you change the AMP?
I have the extra time, so it won't matter to leave the bike apart. this way, it will be ready in the spring. see ya soon bro
Joe

Joe

Yes my amp has been replaced, the old amp doesn't work unless you plan on putting it in the saddle bag.......And I don't recommend that.

I PM'd Hd dude (Jim) and he hooked me up with a Hog Wired system that works very well.

Your part #'s should be good, the only one that you won't need is the $79.00 kit for relocating Antennas and other crap, I screwed up and bought that one too. I just didn't need it.

mustysharley

« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2010, 09:01:18 AM »

all righty then, time to rock and roll. thanks Dick

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »

Hey Dick, I just found this thread and what a great time reading it and seeing your progress on the mods.  Everything looks great and I'll be watching for the next chapter.  :2vrolijk_21: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »

Hey Dick, I just found this thread and what a great time reading it and seeing your progress on the mods.  Everything looks great and I'll be watching for the next chapter.  :2vrolijk_21: har.  spyder

Thank you sir.

mustysharley

« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2010, 01:43:37 AM »

hey bro
thanks for all the help today. i'm going to start a thread on our progress. i can't find the mention in your thread about the license plate relocation. do you have the part numbers? yeah, i did the search like you said, dah!!
joe :2vrolijk_21:

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2010, 07:15:42 AM »

hey bro
thanks for all the help today. i'm going to start a thread on our progress. i can't find the mention in your thread about the license plate relocation. do you have the part numbers? yeah, i did the search like you said, dah!!
joe :2vrolijk_21:

Here you go Joe

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40349.0
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.