Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Amp install quick question  (Read 7322 times)

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Amp install quick question
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »

Most of the static goes away when there is music coming out of the speakers, but not all of it.  Maybe I am being too picky.  Maybe the wind noise will hide the static.  I currently have the HogTunes speakers but I have the new J&M speakers on order.  They are the new ones for the Road Glides.  Maybe they will be different.  I liked the idea of a 7.25" woofer and component midrange and tweeter.  They are still 2 ohm and the Bazooka amp is supposed to be 2 ohm stable.  Who knows?   Thanks for the help today.  Who would have thought that the tool I used most today in the garage would be a laptop!  Times sure have changed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:41:17 PM by MD-Dave »

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »

I received the bazooka amp too .
Is it possible and ok to take the ground (is it the black one) from the cigarette lighter ?
 And the red (12V) too ?
The infinity-speakershave a + and a - .
 Do i take these from the stock speaker-wire ?
 Which is + and which is - ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »

Highjagger - Red is positive (+) and Black is ground (-).  I am not sure about using the lighter wires for it.  I am having mine reinstalled professionally because I am getting too much interference from somewhere.  The sound follows the engine speed.  I had similar issues on a car once and can't remember what kind of filter I used to get rid of it so I am just going to let someone else deal with it.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 04:32:31 PM »

How is the amp-filter switched at yours ? Half or full ?
And the turn-regulator ? full or somewhere in between ?
The infinitys have a switch at the front 0db or -3db , what would you say is the better choice of this two possibilities?

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 06:12:06 PM »

I think I left the filter switch at full and the gain knob is a little past half way.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 02:05:38 AM »

Is there a empty place where i can take the plus from the Fuse Box , 7.5 amp is listed on the wired fuse of the plus-wire at the bazooka amp .
Has the cigarette lighter a seperate fuse in the fuse box ?

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

I pm'd you
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

ONEHENROD

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »

Hey man , just went through the amp install with the bazooka amp. The amp just sucks. Too much bull for the install and the amp does not deliver a good clean signal. Cranked up there was alot of distortion from the speakers. Did not like the wire to the battery. Took it out bought a amp from Hawg wired . It was a direct connect amp which they call pug and play and it is exactly that. There are no extra wires to run. The sound quality from the speakers is unbelievable. There is no distortion at all.

911Hawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide O/B
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 08:54:57 PM »

Bazooka amp.........NOT WORTH THE MONEY!  :sauer005:

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 12:10:36 AM »

Hey man , just went through the amp install with the bazooka amp. The amp just sucks. Too much bull for the install and the amp does not deliver a good clean signal. Cranked up there was alot of distortion from the speakers. Did not like the wire to the battery. Took it out bought a amp from Hawg wired . It was a direct connect amp which they call pug and play and it is exactly that. There are no extra wires to run. The sound quality from the speakers is unbelievable. There is no distortion at all.

Did you took the hawg wired with the 2x75 watts ? or which one ? And this is really better in sound than the bazooka ?
Which speakers do you use ?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:16:46 AM by Highjagger »

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »

Bazooka amp.........NOT WORTH THE MONEY!  :sauer005:
It's worth it if you dont pay the Bazooka price. mine wasn't difficult to install, but I installed a Factory CB on my bike so my definition of difficult may be jaded.
all amps are going to give some static when there is no input. if you get static when music is playing or chnages pitch when accelerating, then you have a ground or connection problem.another thing, don't keep your cell phone in the fairing compartments, when you get anything incoming, call/text/email, it will "bleed" through your speakers.
the  infinity / Ride Loud adapter combo is about as good as you can go. the bazooka really wants more than 2 speakers to push.
as soon as I get some free time I need to hook my lower speakers up/ have the Comm flashed and really crank the tunes.
But ALL, lets keep in mind, these are motorcycles.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »

I too think that it is only a adjustment-problem , will remove the fairing and reduce the gain and will switch the fltr on half , maybe that will improve a little bit . I am optimist .  :2vrolijk_21:

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »

After I adjusted mine like Larry mentioned, iPod EQ Flat; Bass and Treble at Middle on HK head, I can get clean volume very loud.  90mph I can hear every note from Simon and Garfunkel all the way through Disturbed without distortion.  I am still using the HogTunes speakers but I have the new J&M Road Glide 7.25" speakers on order along with a Dynamat knock-off.  I am not disappointed with the Bazooka amp, for the money ($300 Ebay).

Caveat - I do still have the interference whine but I think I know why now.  I ran the ground back to the battery, right next to the power cable and I think I created a ground loop as well as a nice little antenna for interference.  Once my new speakers come in I will change my ground placement since I will be removing my fairing again then anyway.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »

After I adjusted mine like Larry mentioned, iPod EQ Flat; Bass and Treble at Middle on HK head, I can get clean volume very loud.  90mph I can hear every note from Simon and Garfunkel all the way through Disturbed without distortion.  I am still using the HogTunes speakers but I have the new J&M Road Glide 7.25" speakers on order along with a Dynamat knock-off.  I am not disappointed with the Bazooka amp, for the money ($300 Ebay).

Caveat - I do still have the interference whine but I think I know why now.  I ran the ground back to the battery, right next to the power cable and I think I created a ground loop as well as a nice little antenna for interference.  Once my new speakers come in I will change my ground placement since I will be removing my fairing again then anyway.
you got it, run the ground to one of the inner fairing bolts

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »

I did the adjustment and removed the fairing for this , 40 min of little job and it is much better , switched the fltr to "half" and the gain little less than half , then raised the bass to middle and the treble too , Now very clear sound at high volume and at low volume too , no overloaded treble or bass anymore , the very small disortion is hardly to hear when the audio is off , you have to know about it , then you will hear it , otherwise not .
    Less is More
A testride tomorrow will show me the real facts while riding
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.