Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: 200 rear tyre  (Read 7315 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
200 rear tyre
« on: December 25, 2005, 08:49:52 PM »

Can anyone help with a full description of what would be required to fit a 200 rear wheel/tyre to a 2005 FLSTFSE because I want one. That & the 103 upgrade will complete my ride!

1. 200 tyre/wheel
2. 2006 wide swingarm
3. 2006 wide fender/custom paint to match 2005 factory paint
4. Cut off rear fender struts & bolt on new 2006 ones (including chrome covers)
5. 2006 seat
6. ........

What happens with the offset for the belt drive? is the 2006 offset 1 inch more to the left than the 2005 if so how? does this raise the bearing support issue again?
Does fitting the 2006 swing arm to the 2005 frame work?

Any thoughts & suggestions very welcome & appreciated.

Or should I be at work (not on holiday) & not be thinking about my CVO ????

Is this even worth considering ???????????? or would the gain outweigh the cost & effort required (its only parts, all the work would be done by me) Should I be saving my $ for the 103 upgrade (heads, pistons, geardrive cams etc)

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: 200 rear tyre
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 09:09:27 PM »

[highlight][highlight]Is this even worth considering ???????????? or would the gain outweigh the cost & effort required (its only parts, all the work would be done by me) Should I be saving my $ for the 103 upgrade (heads, pistons, geardrive cams etc)[/highlight]
Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Aussie
i think you answered your own question, if you must have both the tire and engine upgrade i would be looking at trading up to an 06 you will be saving mega bucks and unknown issues that will bite ya in the arse
happy holidays  [smiley=drink.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 09:47:35 PM »

I have been looking into this myself. This is what I have found. I don't think you need the swingarm. (not sure though, I need to measure the 06 to be sure) I was told a 5.5 rim and 200 tire will fit in the stock swingarm. I don't think the 06 swingarm is any different.
You will need to use a 17" wheel minimum to clear the caliper( all the 200mm tire bikes have 17 in wheels on them) I think to give the clearance to the rear caliper, and the rear caliper might need to be changed or ground off like the 06'. If you look at them, the bottom is angled a little bit where it is attatched to the swingarm. I think it can be cut off on an angle, that is what the 06' looks like to me.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 09:56:16 PM by RBFB »

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 10:36:24 AM »

I agree with Eagle1. You could vary easley get in to big time trouble trying to convert your 05 to a 06.
I was looking at the 06 catalog and the 103 big bore kit was like $3.000.00 dollars US.
Then the wheel, if you could find 1
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 10:41:02 AM »

Doesn't the 05 have a 103? Mine does.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 05:29:06 PM »

Doesn't the 05 have a 103? Mine does.

Yes of courseI have the 103,  I was referring to the Zippers perfomance upgrade or SE HTCC/103+ heads & 10.5 forged pistons & higher lift gear drive cams

cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 05:33:44 PM »

Yes of courseI have the 103,
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 06:02:58 PM »

I have been looking into this myself. This is what I have found. I don't think you need the swingarm. (not sure though, I need to measure the 06 to be sure) I was told a 5.5 rim and 200 tire will fit in the stock swingarm. I don't think the 06 swingarm is any different.
You will need to use a 17" wheel minimum to clear the caliper( all the 200mm tire bikes have 17 in wheels on them) I think to give the clearance to the rear caliper, and the rear caliper might need to be changed or ground off like the 06'. If you look at them, the bottom is angled a little bit where it is attatched to the swingarm. I think it can be cut off on an angle, that is what the 06' looks like to me.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 06:19:47 PM »

i think you answered your own question, if you must have both the tire and engine upgrade i would be looking at trading up to an 06 you will be saving mega bucks and unknown issues that will bite ya in the arse
happy holidays
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 06:44:37 PM »

(I'm past the point of no return the OCD has set in, I don't think there is a cure)

aussie, i agree you are probably past the point of no return ( i hate when that happens) your only hope would be to sell your bike yourself, so you dont give your profits to the stealers. i never traded in any of my bikes, sold the myself.
if you keep the 05, why stop at 200mm, go for broke! have you seen the 300mm on your bike? check this out
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1120335846;start=all
http://flhrsei.org/yabb2/Attachments/SEFB10.JPG
now that's FAT!
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 07:51:26 PM »

You can run the 06' belt on it. I need to check with the local dealer mechanic to see what else is needed.He told me what else is needed up front to make it work with the thinner belt.  I think the new Harley belt is 7/8" or so. I know it can be done, cuz the 06' really isn't that much different. If you put on a 06 fender,caliper, belt and sprocket (with whatever primary drive sprocket and spacer?) 17' Roadwinder wheels and sprocket it would be the easiest. The only downside would be the fender struts and outer covers. I don't know what to do about them. I think there might be some aftermarket ones that will work. Do you know of any fender struts that would bolt on that you could use with the 06 buckshot fender strut covers? I just don't like the Roadwinder wheels, the way I see it Fatboys should have solids. I have been looking at some other wheels, but wish I could find a solid that would match the front in a 5.5 17". That is the only thing holding me back from doing it on mine. I need to find some wheels that I like.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 08:17:52 PM »

You can run the 06' belt on it. I need to check with the local dealer mechanic to see what else is needed.He told me what else is needed up front to make it work with the thinner belt.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 08:51:24 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 08:30:05 PM »

aussie, i agree you are probably past the point of no return ( i hate when that happens) your only hope would be to sell your bike yourself, so you dont give your profits to the stealers. i never traded in any of my bikes, sold the myself.
if you keep the 05, why stop at 200mm, go for broke! have you seen the 300mm on your bike? check this out
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1120335846;start=all
http://flhrsei.org/yabb2/Attachments/SEFB10.JPG
now that's FAT!

Eagle1,
I surely have, I have even sent mick the prick a PM & I have a full list of the mods he has done. It is awesome, but I do think the 200 is wide enough especially when it comes to going around corners. I used to think 200 was probably to wide for cornering but since the MOCO has brought it out on the 2006 Softails I assume they did a bit of testing. Plus I think the fatboy needs a 200 rear to be a FATboy! it needs to be filled out more in the rear.

cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 08:33:28 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2005, 08:47:22 PM »

I might have to look closer into this kit, but I will not go to a dirty chain drive!
cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2005, 11:49:29 PM »

The belt I am talking about is the same belt that the 06' models use.(whatever the width is)I haven't heard of any problems with them. If they are good enough for Harley on the 06' it should be good enough to use on the 05'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.