Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Best Verizon PDA?!!!  (Read 10336 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Best Verizon PDA?!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »

Check with work and see what they want you to have.  Blackberry's are very business oriented.  The Droid is an excellent new smartphone but most business can't communicate with Android based phones.  To bad the iPhone isn't available on Verizon.  The best of both worlds! :pepper:
Yeah, and too bad the iPhone is only available on AT & T.  Their not a 'user-friendly' outfit.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

04se103

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »

I just went to the Storm 2 about 2 weeks ago like it alot it has a learning curve to get use to using it pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Had to carry it back today cause it froze up and they gave me a new one.
                                                                                                  Greg

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 05:40:51 PM »

Check with work and see what they want you to have.  Blackberry's are very business oriented.  The Droid is an excellent new smartphone but most business can't communicate with Android based phones.  To bad the iPhone isn't available on Verizon.  The best of both worlds! :pepper:

Thanks. I found out that they don't have any special software in their server for the mobile phones. Most have BB, but not all. Any PDA that gets Outlook email (the company's email system) will do. So I imagine it would work with the Droid too, no? Well, back to figuring out which one again! :-\

I just went to the Storm 2 about 2 weeks ago like it alot it has a learning curve to get use to using it pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Had to carry it back today cause it froze up and they gave me a new one.
                                                                                                  Greg

Thanks Jim. Since I never used a PDA, just a phone, the whole thing will be a learning curve for me anyway. I'd rather know I got the one that's the easiest to use and learn, and isn't torture to type on. I'm thinking I better go to a Verizon store and play with em I guess! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

Greg

Thanks Jim. Since I never used a PDA, just a phone, the whole thing will be a learning curve for me anyway. I'd rather know I got the one that's the easiest to use and learn, and isn't torture to type on. I'm thinking I better go to a Verizon store and play with em I guess!

Hoist!

Howie, slow down, Greg is Greg, not Jim!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 06:33:50 PM »

Howie, I've got the BB Tour 9630 with Verizon.  Pretty intuitive to use.  Couple of days and you'll be using most of the functionality without ever reading the manual.  No quirky touch screen.  Not sure if you need the global capabilities that this phone has, but if so, it has been seamless in my travels.  E-mail setup and synchronization is a breeze if your company is using Microsoft Exchange and Outlook (no BB enterprise server solution required).  The web browsing software leaves a bit to be desired, but I think that's the case with anything other than the iPhone, which is surprisingly similar to IE.

Good luck and let us know what you go with.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »

From experience and research, the BB's are very easy to learn and use.  They have a proven track record especially in the business world.  The Droid and the Android OS is relatively new.  In fact, the Droid is Verizon's first Android phone.  It has some very interesting features but from what I read, requires a person to be more tech savvy to use than a more run-of-the-mill PDA.  Go to the Verizon site and do a feature comparison for each phone you are interested in.  Perhaps this will help if you do a side by side comparison of features and take into account your planned usage requirements. Good luck! ;D   

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 07:34:59 PM »

Howie, slow down, Greg is Greg, not Jim!

SBB

I got the tour in Aug, was my 1st smart phone, now I don't know how I managed without, did not like the storm's touch screen, need a 'real' key board for my fat fingers. able to have a couple of email act's also, plus weather, sports, stock reports all free, If you have the NFL sunday ticket you can watch the games, I heart radio apps... etc......  APlus phone
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 07:39:46 PM »

H, since you have a way with words, and if you talk as much as you write....Get the one with the bigest battery!  :)  :huepfenjump3:  :)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

I have had my Motorola Droid for 6 days now.  I just love it.  I have my company e-mail on Microsoft exchange synced with it along with my home e-mail.  The GPS navagation works well too.  I have found it very easy to use and it is my first smart phone.

Iphone is very nice, but the carrier sucks.  The droid is very similar to the iphone.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

bighouse

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Custom/Cammed,chipped,tuned
    • CVO2: 07 FLHX 113 646Cams/60mm TB
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 01:50:44 PM »

I think the only way to find out is to try them.  Most verizon accounts have a 30 day return policy, no questions.  I used a BB Curve for the last 2 years and then switched to the motorola droid.  It was a very neat phone but I preferred the BB because it was easier to use, for me.  The touch screen was impossible to navigate for myself and I didnt care for the keypad at all.  Needless to say, I returned it and went with the newer version, or at least similar, of the Curve which is the Tour.  I like it alot as it is very similar to my former curve.  I have recently learned that they are releasing a new BB curve some time in the next 2-3 weeks. 

Good luck
A wasp flying in your shirt at 70 mph can double your vocabulary and cut your breaking distance in half.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 03:11:11 PM »

I have had my Motorola Droid for 6 days now.  I just love it.  I have my company e-mail on Microsoft exchange synced with it along with my home e-mail.  The GPS navagation works well too.  I have found it very easy to use and it is my first smart phone.

Iphone is very nice, but the carrier sucks.  The droid is very similar to the iphone.

Helped set up a friend's Droid at work yesterday.  Nice phone with a ton of features, but reminded me how frustrating touch screens can be!  Maybe I'd eventually get used to it, but pretty sure I made a lot more keying errors in the hour I was messing around with it, than in the past year with my BlackBerry! :o

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »

Helped set up a friend's Droid at work yesterday.  Nice phone with a ton of features, but reminded me how frustrating touch screens can be!  Maybe I'd eventually get used to it, but pretty sure I made a lot more keying errors in the hour I was messing around with it, than in the past year with my BlackBerry! :o

Brian I understood that phone had a slide out keypad is that available to use in all applications?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 03:25:16 PM »

Brian I understood that phone had a slide out keypad is that available to use in all applications?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary, this was the first one I'd seen and was only setting up e-mail and speed dials.  Not being at all familiar with it I navigated/typed only from the screen.  I had a heck of a time scrolling through contacts and the menu bars with it, though, so while the keyboard should be better for texting/e-mailing, navigation with the touch screen seemed to take more deliberate thought and be more cumbersome than finding an icon on the BB menu, thumbwheeling to it and clicking.  But then again, that's what I'm used to ...

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 03:32:56 PM »

Gary, this was the first one I'd seen and was only setting up e-mail and speed dials.  Not being at all familiar with it I navigated/typed only from the screen.  I had a heck of a time scrolling through contacts and the menu bars with it, though, so while the keyboard should be better for texting/e-mailing, navigation with the touch screen seemed to take more deliberate thought and be more cumbersome than finding an icon on the BB menu, thumbwheeling to it and clicking.  But then again, that's what I'm used to ...

Ok, thanks. I'm looking at phone options when my current contract is up. Currently have a Palm Treo so I'm somewhat used to a touch screen I had thought about a BB Storm2, but after seeing the droid I'm leaning more that way now. I know what you're saying about getting used to a certain way of using/getting to applications it will take time getting used to a new way.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

04se103

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »

Gary yes the slide out keyboard will work with all Applications  :2vrolijk_21: being that I was still in side the thirty days exchange I swapped  the Storm 2 for the Droid  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.