Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Fuel Moto New Stainless 2-1-2 Header  (Read 23790 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Fuel Moto New Stainless 2-1-2 Header
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 06:54:39 PM »

I really like them.... puts a smile on my face everytime I twist the wick. :bigok: The power is right where I like to ride and I enjoy staying "on the cam". ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

thats  good you like the build. so where is on the cam may i ask??

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 07:08:42 PM »

thats  good you like the build. so where is on the cam may i ask??
They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here is a copy of the dyno runs when they were installed and tuned...

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here is a copy of the dyno runs when they were installed and tuned...

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

decent  numbers  for the street..  should roll pretty nice.should pass traffic in good shape
thanks for the  post of the sheet. always nice to see what the differant cams do

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »

decent  numbers  for the street..  should roll pretty nice.should pass traffic in good shape
thanks for the  post of the sheet. always nice to see what the differant cams do
Thanks, and you're welcome. :2vrolijk_21: When I twist the wick and call on it I feel like your screen name..... "Happyman". ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »

Thanks, and you're welcome. :2vrolijk_21: When I twist the wick and call on it I feel like your screen name..... "Happyman". ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

yes indeed that should make you happy for sure.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 11:48:15 AM »

From what we have found on a 2010 stock 96 cu in. motor the factory head pipe with cat shows a few issues. You need to see which head pipe you have but the 2 into 1 head pipe and muffler are at it's limit. The 2 into 1 into 2 is fine. Now when you start adding parts you can go right past the limit on the 2 into 1.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »

From what we have found on a 2010 stock 96 cu in. motor the factory head pipe with cat shows a few issues. You need to see which head pipe you have but the 2 into 1 head pipe and muffler are at it's limit. The 2 into 1 into 2 is fine. Now when you start adding parts you can go right past the limit on the 2 into 1.

so a factory 2/1/2 is not going to take advantage of a build  that is capable of some 100/100 + motors?

you do seem to say the  new thunderheader is a pipe  to look at . where are the 02 sensors on that pipe?
Thanks

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 09:58:56 PM »

The 2010 103 LTD will hit the Dyno at Fuel Moto Early this coming week. He will do a base stock run and then install a heavy breather and the stainless Fuel Moto 2/1/2 header and carbon fiber Jackpot mufflers. Stay tuned! :drink:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 10:01:02 PM by Highwaystar »
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »

and the header again. :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 09:19:24 PM »

All that I'm saying is that the factory 2 into 1 exhaust is not going to be any good for big power. The 2 into 1 into 2 seems to run better on the dyno and on the street. The best system is going to kill the kitty and balance the pipe lengths between the heads and mufflers. It's all a balance of what you like from a looks and sound point of view for most people. As the best performing system may not be what people are really after.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »

All that I'm saying is that the factory 2 into 1 exhaust is not going to be any good for big power. The 2 into 1 into 2 seems to run better on the dyno and on the street. The best system is going to kill the kitty and balance the pipe lengths between the heads and mufflers. It's all a balance of what you like from a looks and sound point of view for most people. As the best performing system may not be what people are really after.

Kinda like what the factory did with their mufflers.
The right muffler has a different internals, and more restriction than the left, presumably to "balance" the flow out both mufflers.
The factory 2 into 1 has the biggest restriction at the 1 3/4 outlet to the muffler, like Steve said, anything over stock will choke. Adding free flowing mufflers will probably not help much, except in the noise department. Take a look at the Harley "Supertrapp" muffler for these bikes, a little longer than the duals, but still 1 3/4 inlet.
Speculating a little, but, dyno time will prove out results.
HOGMIKE

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »

Kinda like what the factory did with their mufflers.
The right muffler has a different internals, and more restriction than the left, presumably to "balance" the flow out both mufflers.
The factory 2 into 1 has the biggest restriction at the 1 3/4 outlet to the muffler, like Steve said, anything over stock will choke. Adding free flowing mufflers will probably not help much, except in the noise department. Take a look at the Harley "Supertrapp" muffler for these bikes, a little longer than the duals, but still 1 3/4 inlet.
Speculating a little, but, dyno time will prove out results.

this is a little tuff to understand what is being said..
let me see if i get it..    the 2/1/2 is not a good setup?
also i thought the right muffler was the one with less restriction?
if the header pipe is 2" going into a  2" opening into a collector, with  2" muffler with the 4" dia  overall then it should have a bit of an advantage over the  stock size setup??  and perhaps the  true duels 2" pipes with freeflowing mufflers should be pretty good. aslo no step header razzle dazzle.?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 01:41:36 PM »

this is a little tuff to understand what is being said..
let me see if i get it..    the 2/1/2 is not a good setup?
This IS the better of the two systems.
also i thought the right muffler was the one with less restriction?
Both my '09 and '10 mufflers showed more restriction in the right muffler.....but.....this is just looking at them, not doing a full-on flow test.
if the header pipe is 2" going into a  2" opening into a collector, with  2" muffler with the 4" dia  overall then it should have a bit of an advantage over the  stock size setup??  
and perhaps the  true duels 2" pipes with freeflowing mufflers should be pretty good. aslo no step header razzle dazzle.?

I run 2 into 2 on my other bike, and like that setup. A little noisy, but, it's ok for me.
My latest 2010 has the stock 2 into 1 into 2 with fullsac cores, and nice and quiet. I can hear the stereo at 80 MPH.
I don't like all the "razzle dazzle" either.
All IMHO of course, just looking at things, and seeing what works for others.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:43:39 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »

Can the stock ecm "see" wide band sensors?

I thought the answer was no, but wanted to check, from night rider.

Wide band sensors require special electronic circuitry to process the signals from the sensor and they also produce different voltages than the NBO2 sensor. A narrow band O2 sensor puts out a signal of 0-1 Volts where the wide band sensor electronics puts out a signal of 0-5 Volts, making it seem incompatible with the Delphi ECU.

Craig

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »

Dynojet Wideband Commander Version 1

The Wideband Commander is an excellent tool and can be used for tuning any internal combustion engine and it displays and records extremely precise "real time" air/fuel ratio utilizing a highly accurate, readily available Bosch LSU4 wide band sensor. It displays instant A/F ratio on the gauge as well as data recording which can be played back thru your computer, or you can use your laptop to display and record in realtime. The unit features multiple analog channels for data recording, modular programmable output for nitrous, water injection, timing retard or you name it, and also features a fully programmable warning light. An easy one wire tach hooks up to any vehicle, with no need for a tach adaptor. The Wideband Commander works on everything from motorcycles to race cars. We have installed and tuned at the racetrack with these and they are the most complete wideband system on the market. Call or email with any questions and additional information can be found at www.widebandcommander.com

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:43:14 PM by Highwaystar »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.