Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Author Topic: My CVO is no more.........  (Read 39833 times)

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
My CVO is no more.........
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »

On 11-4-09, at about 6:30pm eastern, I t-boned a Nissan in north Georgia at about 50mph.  I was coming into an intersection, geared down and saw everything was clear.  As soon as I committed to going through, the Nissan turned right in front on me - no options other than impact.  My four month old CVO SESG was completely totaled.  I flew about 85 feet in the air after impact, and skidded another 20-30 feet after landing.  Lifeflighted me to Atlanta trauma where I stayed in ICU and CCU for 10 days.  Got back home on Friday night 11-13.  Broke (or fractured) everything on my left side (scapula, collarbone, left arm, left hand, 9 ribs, pelvis, left leg, left ankle).  Thank God I am a rightee so able to still do a lot!!  Collapsed both lungs, but no neck/back trauma, no internal issues, little impact rash on my chin and right knee. 

Very thankful to be alive and able to recover in time.  Had all my leathers on, 3/4 helmet too, and was told point blank that my gear definitely kept me from greater harm.  Thanks to all my buds for their immediate and continued support, my thanks to God for reaching down and saving me, and safe rides to everyone!

In my best Terminator voice - "I'll be back!"

Grinner
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
Re: My CVO is no more.........
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:41:17 AM »

Wow - Praise God you are out of the hospital - I will keep you in my prayers.

Fred
Keepsabeat

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:44:20 AM »

Wow glad you are able to talk about it and sounds like time will heal you. Hope the other guy has good insurance.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »

Your bionic man,  indestructable the doctors can rebuild you!  

Get wheel soon and get back in the wind.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:00:01 AM by ice6900 »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 10:49:43 AM »

Wow glad you are able to talk about it and sounds like time will heal you. Hope the other guy has good insurance.

WOW  Here's wishing you the best. Good luck and get back in the wind asap. Best cure for there is.

JW

DanM

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »

Good to see that your ok. Remember - things can be replaced.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »

chit man!!! So sorry to hear that, but glad you're gonna be awright!!! f$%* them cages!!! WTF can't they f$%*ing pay attention to us?!!! That guy that cut you off BELONGS IN JAIL!!! Maybe that'll teach these dumb f$%*ers a lesson!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:59:29 AM »

Wow! Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you survived.
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family for a speedy recovery.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:02:44 AM »

Sorry to hear....but glad you are going to be OK. Heal quick and get back out there. As someone once told me--very recently I may add---the bike can be fixed or replaced but us mortals can't.

Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »

Sorry to hear....but glad you are going to be OK. Heal quick and get back out there. As someone once told me--very recently I may add---the bike can be fixed or replaced but us mortals can't.

Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

f$%* that Mike! I don't like my bike, or anything else for that matter, getting messed up due to some f$%*ing moron's negligence! That ain't an ACCIDENT, that's pure stupidity!!! And unfortunately, they can't seem to fix STUPID!!! f$%* them cagers!!! >:( >:( >:(

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »

Very sorry to read of the accident and all the injuries.  Great to read you're out of the hospital and on the mend. 

What's the prognosis for recovery?  And any more surgeries ahead to finish putting pieces back together or remove new bits holding them together now?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 11:10:26 AM »

Wow , what a luck on the important side(you`re still alive) ... and bad luck on the other unimportant side (because of the bike-damage) .
Keep your head up , all will be good at the end i hope .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »

Sad news, heal up quick and don't give up riding.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »

f$%* that Mike! I don't like my bike, or anything else for that matter, getting messed up due to some f$%*ing moron's negligence! That ain't an ACCIDENT, that's pure stupidity!!! And unfortunately, they can't seem to fix STUPID!!! f$%* them cagers!!! >:( >:( >:(

I agree..but I was speaking of after the fact--as in the current status. You don't have to tell me about STUPID!!!!!

I'm just glad he will be OK and the bike can get replaced. AND YES---IT DOES STILL SUCK.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »

I agree..but I was speaking of after the fact--as in the current status. You don't have to tell me about STUPID!!!!!

I'm just glad he will be OK and the bike can get replaced. AND YES---IT DOES STILL SUCK.

I know! I just hear that so much, and it only seems to make the asshole that caused it feel better! They need to feel AS BAD AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!! ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.