Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: My CVO is no more.........  (Read 39870 times)

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
Re: My CVO is no more.........
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2009, 02:09:53 AM »

Hey Grinner/TBar......good to hear that you're on the mend.  Keep us posted on your progress and thanks for all your posts sharing your unfortunate experience (crash).  I think it helps all of us to be reminded on a pretty regular basis how much crashing sucks.  I'm fed up with all cell phone use by drivers including 'hands free' as I think the concentration factor is the true menace, not the manipulation.  I've personally quit even answering my phone even tho I've got all controls/spkrs/etc. built into the car.  You can always wait to pull over and return the call.  Beats causing a crash.  Keep on keeping on and heal fast!  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
Hey Spyder you are so right about cel phones, Karen and I was on the Expressway not long ago when a young girl was texting and kept coming into our lane. Karen waved at her twice and she never even seen her.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

knuck45

• Junior CVO Member
  • Triple Red SERG
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2009, 08:28:52 PM »

It is good you are ok.   Did the cage driver say "I did not see the motorcycle"?  Again, it is great you are ok!  Get well soon.
SERG Sgt.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »

It is good you are ok.   Did the cage driver say "I did not see the motorcycle"?  Again, it is great you are ok!  Get well soon.
It has gotten so bad lately, that they don't see Buicks.  :-[ aaaarrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2009, 11:21:02 AM »

f$%* that Mike! I don't like my bike, or anything else for that matter, getting messed up due to some f$%*ing moron's negligence! That ain't an ACCIDENT, that's pure stupidity!!! And unfortunately, they can't seem to fix STUPID!!! f$%* them cagers!!! >:( >:( >:(

Hoist! :coolblue:

DAME RIGHT HOWIE  :2vrolijk_21: Grinner (AKA) Tbar get those cell phone records. Stick it to that bitch, because i beat you this is here pattern of driving. If show zero situation awareness you need to pay for that because people get hurt. That cage is a weapon/responsibility.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:38:47 AM by Trey767 »

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »

DAME RIGHT HOWIE  :2vrolijk_21: Grinner (AKA) Tbar get those cell phone records. Stick it to that bitch, because i beat you this is here pattern of driving. If show zero situation awareness you need to pay for that because people get hurt. That cage is a weapon/responsibility.

I'm generally a live and let live kind of guy, but I waited a long time to get that scoot, put a lot of time and $$ into setting it up my way, lost it in the blink of her eye, got a long way to go to convince my wife to ride with me again, and the more I recover the more pissed I get.  She (Miss Cage just didn't see me) called me right after it happened when I was in the hospital and apologized, but I want her to see the injury/scars and fully understand how bad she hurt me, my wife, my family, and my scoot....

I feel a crusade coming over me........... :soapbox:
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2009, 12:01:58 PM »

I'm generally a live and let live kind of guy, but I waited a long time to get that scoot, put a lot of time and $$ into setting it up my way, lost it in the blink of her eye, got a long way to go to convince my wife to ride with me again, and the more I recover the more pissed I get.  She (Miss Cage just didn't see me) called me right after it happened when I was in the hospital and apologized, but I want her to see the injury/scars and fully understand how bad she hurt me, my wife, my family, and my scoot....

Atta boy.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2009, 03:41:05 PM »

Send her some pictures..... maybe just maybe that will get her to think more about what she is doing when she is driving.

Get Well soon.

Happy Holidays

XCESS

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2009, 08:48:25 PM »

truly sorry to hear about your accident. i can't imagine what your  going thru and  never want to experience. Its crazy what is  happening on our roads. It scares  me to think about what can happen and how quickly it does. God Bless you and  your family bro.  and have a speedy recovery if that is possible. take care.

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
Re: My CVO is no more.....12-29 UPDATE
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2009, 12:13:09 PM »

Got back from the Ortho Docs last Wednesday so here's the latest scoop.....

Doc says for a 51 year old I am mending extremely well.  All bones are showing good improvement except for the arm and leg (both had rebuild surgeries and are still recovering).  He did take the hard cast off the leg with strict instructions for no weight bearing for another 6 weeks so I'll still be in the chair but at least now I can shower and SCRATCH MY LEG!!!!  When the nurse took the old cast off, she found a quarter, some pieces of velcro, a chop stick, and two popsickle sticks down there - I just shrugged and pled the fifth (should have blamed the wife)....  Sleeping in the bed for the fifth day in a row now - no more recliner nights.  Hard to turn over with the ribs and pelvis issues, but forcing myself to stay put and deal with it.  Laying on my back at night I can practice shifting with the foot and clutching with the hand so already got my PT priorities straight.  They set up real PT for the arm so will be making progress soon in regaining better movement.  Not taking any more pain meds now and started driving again too.  Appetite is extreme, eating good just not as much as before - weight is 194 (down from about 220 before the crash).  Gotten lean and mean and got rid of the dickie-do disease I've had for at least 20 years (you know, when your stomach sticks out further than your dickie-do...) thanks to the "crash" diet I was on.

Again, many thanks to all those who have and continue to wish me well.  Enjoy life to the fullest, love as deeply as you can, and most of all keep the shiny side up!

TBAR (Grinner)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:45:08 PM by grinner »
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »

Grinner, glad to see your progress! Your attitude sounds outstanding as well. Keep up the rehab work and you'll be riding in no time.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »

Got back from the Ortho Docs last Wednesday so here's the latest scoop.....

Doc says for a 51 year old I am mending extremely well.  All bones are showing good improvement except for the arm and leg (both had rebuild surgeries and are still recovering).  He did take the hard cast off the leg with strict instructions for no weight bearing for another 6 weeks so I'll still be in the chair but at least now I can shower and SCRATCH MY LEG!!!!  When the nurse took the old cast off, she found a quarter, some pieces of velcro, a chop stick, and two popsickle sticks down there - I just shrugged and pled the fifth (should have blamed the wife)....  Sleeping in the bed for the fifth day in a row now - no more recliner nights.  Hard to turn over with the ribs and pelvis issues, but forcing myself to stay put and deal with it.  Laying on my back at night I can practice shifting with the foot and clutching with the hand so already got my PT priorities staright.  They set up real PT for the arm so will be making progress soon in regaining better movement.  Not taking any more pain meds now and started driving again too.  Appetite is extreme, eating good just not as much as before - weight is 194 (down from about 220 before the crash).  Gotten lean and mean and got rid of the dickie-do disease I've had for at least 20 years (you know, when your stomach sticks out further than your dickie-do...) thanks to the "crash" diet I was on.

Again, many thanks to all those who have and continue to wish me well.  Enjoy life to the fullest, love as deeply as you can, and most of all keep the shiny side up!

TBAR (Grinner)

Excellent :2vrolijk_21: .

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2009, 12:40:07 PM »

Great to see you are healing.  However, please...no more info about your "dickie do"!  LOL

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »

Grinner.
Glad to hear you are mending.
As for the CRASH DIET, I think that I want to stay FAT and pain free!
Keep up the healing and positive outlook.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »

Hey Grinner, thanks for the great 'healing' report.  :2vrolijk_21: Keep  us informed of your progress.  ;) spyder

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »

TBAR (Grinner)

I see you got a new ride? No shifting required?

Keep up the good work you should be ready to ride again before mine even comes out of storage  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hang in there! ;D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:35:53 PM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 22 queries.