Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 95

Author Topic: Photo of your scoot at famous locale  (Read 315282 times)

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
Re: Photo of your scoot at famous locale
« Reply #510 on: April 18, 2011, 04:01:01 PM »

Oh! It's famous, now let's see who can tell me why!

i give up.  where is it?
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #511 on: April 18, 2011, 05:43:21 PM »

Not Yet! But a clue, there is a 502 with his name on it.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #512 on: April 18, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »

Much as I like the photo threads on single bikes, wanted to get a thread started where all bikes could participate. JC's photo of his scoot above the Golden Gate gave me an idea.

Post a photo of your bike at a location everyone will recognize. Could be scenic, could be a movie location or in front of a famous building or sign. Just something where you don't have to explain the location. Kind of a CVO travelogue to famous places.

Hoist's garage would qualify as a nationally famous building.

I'll start by reposting JC's photo and one of my own.

Wrongway,

I started this thread and I reiterated what I hoped it was for a few pages ago. While I like your scoot, the photo looks like the back of any industrial building in the US (or anywhere else on the planet). If we have to guess where it is and you have to give us obscure clues, perhaps you want to start a thread that is titled "Where's Waldo?" (if Waldo is the name of your bike) and post it there.

If you look at the first photo I started the thread with, if was of JC's bike next to some obscure bridge in a city no one knows the name of. Hope you're getting the gist here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:57:18 PM by Buy early »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #513 on: April 18, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »

You mean like: Famous AND recognisable?  :o  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #514 on: April 18, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

Wrongway,

I started this thread and I reiterated what I hoped it was for a few pages ago. While I like your scoot, the photo looks like the back of any industrial building in the US (or anywhere else on the planet). If we have to guess where it is and you have to give us obscure clues, perhaps you want to start a thread that is titled "Where's Waldo?" (if Waldo is the name of your bike) and post it there.

If you look at the first photo I started the thread with, if was of JC's bike next to some obscure bridge in a city no one knows the name of. Hope you're getting the gist here.

Let's see you in front of Jay Leno's garage! Oh, I forgot, this is your thread, so I have removed the picture that offends you!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:18:34 PM by Wrongway »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #515 on: April 18, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »

Let's see you in front of Jay Leno's garage! Oh, I forgot, this is your thread, so I have removed the picture that offends you!

Don't recall indicating I was offended but thanks for the response.

Harley Guy 5

• Full CVO Member
  • Hard Work will get you everything
« Reply #516 on: April 18, 2011, 11:59:27 PM »

Crater Lake in Oregon
2011 FLHTCUSE6
Do I Need To Say More
Aspen Classic Camp Trailer
Bushtec Turbo II
Looking Forward To Counting the White Lines

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #517 on: April 19, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »

Buy Early,

I think you starting this thread was a cool idea.  I agree with JC that some have "missed the mark" on the whole purpose of it... The term "famous" would indicate that it is in fact recognizable and therefore there should be no need to state where your scoot is parked.  Thankfully the fog cleared so we could view that familiar looking bridge in your 1st post!  Having said that, I realize that my 2nd post (#336) on this thread stretched the rules (famous locale) a bit with my pic of my wife and P.M., but hopefully everyone can appreciate my excitement with accomplishing a mighty task.  ;D

This is a fun thread and it's a hoot seeing all the cool places members have travelled on their bikes.  :2vrolijk_21:

In the spirit that this thread was started, I submit another "photo of my scoot at famous local" (with my better half), although I believe there has already been a few with the same backdrop.

Thanks for starting this thread 1-1/2 years ago for everyone's enjoyment!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:55:03 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #518 on: April 19, 2011, 09:00:21 AM »

Buy Early,

I think you starting this thread was a cool idea.  I agree with JC that some have "missed the mark" on the whole purpose of it... The term "famous" would indicate that it is in fact recognizable and therefore there should be no need to state where your scoot is parked.  Thankfully the fog cleared so we could view that familiar looking bridge in your 1st post!  Having said that, I realize that my 2nd post (#336) on this thread stretched the rules (famous locale) a bit with my pic of my wife and P.M., but hopefully everyone can appreciate my excitement with accomplishing a mighty task.  ;D

This is a fun thread and it's a hoot seeing all the cool places members have travelled on their bikes.  :2vrolijk_21:

In the spirit that this thread was started, I submit another "photo of my scoot at famous local" (with my better half), although I believe there has already been a few with the same backdrop.

Thanks for starting this thread 1-1/2 years ago for everyone's enjoyment!

Griz,

Thanks for the great post. In all honesty, people can post anything they want in this thread. I just thought it would be cool to see our bikes in front of some of the great places on earth (wish the European, Australian and Asian members would step it up a bit). If someone thinks that place is Jay Leno's garage, I'm fine with that. Just don't make me guess and feel like a fool if I don't "get it".

I think it would be great if someone posted a photo of their bike with nothing but clouds in the background and said it was the Golden Gate back there covered in fog. I'd be cool with that, they were there. Just don't make me guess what's in the fog. I work hard enough all day guessing what people want and I just want to see photos of great bikes (even with people on them) in cool locations.

Thanks for sharing your travels!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:08:57 PM by Buy early »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #519 on: April 19, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »

Griz,

Thanks for the great post. In all honesty, people can post anything they want in this thread. I just thought it would be cool to see our bikes in front of some of the great places on earth (wish the European, Australian and Asian members would step it up a bit). If someone thinks that place is Jay Leno's garage, I'm cool with that. Just don't make me guess and feel like a fool if I don't "get it".

I think it would be cool if someone posted a photo of their bike with nothing but clouds in the background and said it was the Golden Gate back there covered in fog. I'd be cool with that, they were there. Just don't make me guess what's in the fog. I work hard enough all day guessing what people want and I just want to see photos of cool bikes (even with people on them) in cool locations.

Thanks for sharing your travels!

My wife expects me to guess what she really means nearly everytime she talks. :'(  Then when I tell her "well, I thought you meant what you said" she gets so mad at me.......like it's my fault that she didn't say what she meant in the first place.

I'm with you.....not participating in guessing games here, I have a wife for that. :2vrolijk_21:

By thw ay Grizz.....I see the humidity lifted enough that I can recognize the location of the bouy in the pic above. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:55:40 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #520 on: April 19, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »

Yep, keys........was very nice when we were there!
HOGMIKE

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #521 on: April 19, 2011, 10:25:57 PM »

Yep, keys........was very nice when we were there!

the trip to the keys is a must for all harley owners... like a pilgrimage
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #522 on: April 19, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »

I think just about anybody could name these mountains.......the Grand Tetons.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #523 on: April 19, 2011, 11:02:47 PM »

Another location that everybody will recognize......four corners.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #524 on: April 19, 2011, 11:06:07 PM »

and the big hole in the ground......Grand Canyon

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 95

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.