Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Where have you guys purchased your heated gear from?  (Read 8843 times)

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
Re: Where have you guys purchased your heated gear from?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 12:13:17 PM »

We tried the gloves alone but routing the wire thru the jacket then down the sleeves was really a hassle.  So we got the jackets which makes hooking up the gloves a breeze.  First tried the single controller with a "Y" connector but the jacket got too hot while the gloves were good.  So had to get the dual controller.  You almost have to try this stuff on to get the right fit, they have so many sizes available so you can get a good fit.  Using the same sizing I buy my shirts sleeve length seemed short but dealer said they do that on purpose so it doesnt bunch up around your wrists while riding.   The H-D variety did not have some features found on the gerbing.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »

http://www.heatedclothing4you.com/
Thanks for the website. I talked to Mike this morning and ordered two pairs of gloves. He's a real stand up guy and very passionate about his product.  He had some great suggestions as well. I'd recommend buying any Gerbing products from him.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 12:57:03 PM »

I agree, done business with him several times now, and he definitely knows his stuff!

admccrea

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 08:10:13 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Just used the discount code for a new jacket liner.

I just tried this code for Glove liners and got an "* Invalid Coupon, Invalid Coupon  :nixweiss:

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 08:56:14 PM »

That sale might be over then.

I just tried this code for Glove liners and got an "* Invalid Coupon, Invalid Coupon  :nixweiss:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »

Gerbing is the best, but definitely go Micro wire.  It is hard to regulate your hands and body, so you may want to go with heated grips and seat and go then with the jacket liner. 

If you don't care about the micro wire, ebay has some great deals at times on the older items, especially heated vests.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »

Gerbing is the best, but definitely go Micro wire.  It is hard to regulate your hands and body, so you may want to go with heated grips and seat and go then with the jacket liner. 

If you don't care about the micro wire, ebay has some great deals at times on the older items, especially heated vests.

So what is the Mirco wire as opposed to "not" mirco wire??    Would I be happy with either??

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »

The only real difference is micro wire heats up quicker.  The older style is tried and proven from years of use.

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »

Very happy with the HD heated jacket liner. It has built in cords for heated gloves. With a two-control thermostat (also HD) you can set separate temps for gloves and jacket liner.

The wife and I are both very happy with the HD gear.

It did help that I have "points" at the dealership which saved us 50% on the cost.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 04:51:23 PM »

Contemplating getting the bride a heated jacket liner and was leaning toward the Gerbings.  Interested to hear what heated gear you've purchased and where you purchased it from.  I'm a little ignorant on the subject.

I purchased mine directly from Gerbing while in Daytona. I had just purchased my SERG and decided to ride to Daytona from PA. Well I wasn't equipped gear wise to make this trip. I froze my testicles off when the sun dropped behind the trees the first day. I swore that would never happen again. As soon as I saw the Gerbing tent in Daytona I purchased everything but the socks! I use the jacket liner and gloves often as they work great. I've used the pants maybe three times since 01. I even use the gear on my 4 wheeler when plowing the driveway.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »

I agree. Gerbings is "hot". I also have my Polaris Ranger wired to keep me warm while plowing snow, as well as my John Deere lawn tractor with a snowblower. They work great
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Gamecock

• 08 Inferno SE2
  • 08 SSSE

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno
    • CVO2: tbd
    • CVO3: tbd
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »

Check out   lockitt.com

I bought some of the hand grip heaters from them, they work great, produce a LOT of heat. They have other heated gear you wear under regular pants and coats that were really good deals. I met them at a bike show in Greenville SC. Good folks to deal with.

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »

We bought our Gerbing stuff at the GASP...Honda dealer, They had a trained guy that measured/fitted us to perfection!  They even gave us a 10% H.O.G. discount!  Waaay cheaper than the HD stuff and expertly fitted.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »

We bought our Gerbing stuff at the GASP...Honda dealer, They had a trained guy that measured/fitted us to perfection!  They even gave us a 10% H.O.G. discount!  Waaay cheaper than the HD stuff and expertly fitted.
A HOG discount at a Honda dealer??   :2vrolijk_21:
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »

Just bought a jacket liner and gloves, HD stuff, from my local dealer - got a 15% discount.  Got the dual control thermostat, too. 

Decided to install the dedicated wiring harness to the battery instead of trying to use the battery tender lead (book said not to use battery tender lead).  At 8.6 amps max draw, it might have been okay.  I put a 15 amp fuse in the holder - don't want a erroneous fuse blow on a cold day.

The installation process went fine: I followed the recommendations on this forum so not to have the alarm siren go off (have the key fob on the bike, turn on the ignition, pull the Maxi-fuse).  Worked fine....putting things back in, I turned the ignition switch to off BEFORE installing the Maxi-fuse....worked fine.  No alarm.  Had to reset the clock, but that's all.

Now, need a cold day to try this all out!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.