Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SEEG Tour Pak Answers  (Read 2570 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: SEEG Tour Pak Answers
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 12:15:41 PM »

Yes, the spoiler covers up the pinstripes.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 12:29:44 PM »

[highlight]Yes, you do.[/highlight]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:41:55 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 12:56:36 PM »

I would shake like a ____ in church on Sunday with a drill in my hand near my paint.

The dealer did my backrest, but you should have seen me when I was drilling the holes for my fairing mounted mirrors.  I think it took me an hour to drill the eight holes. [smiley=nervous.gif]

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 01:12:19 PM »

Couple of recommendations, you can order the painted parts through Chicago Harley Davidsion @ 20% off, and expect about 8-12 weeks for them to get through the H-D ordering/painting & shipping process. They must first go to the dealer then they re-ship to your address, they won't drop ship direct from WI.

Install the spoiler first, then the rack to make sure there's adequate clearance between the top of the backrest and the spoiler to prevent wear on the seat. Press on the backrest as if someone was riding, it makes a difference. Just saves some re-drilling and enlarging the holes. Thankfully most errors are covered up when everything is installed. The templates I've seen do not have the newer countoured rack, p/n 79148-06A listed, but the mini rack footprint worked on mine if that's the one you're going use. The templates are by no means the greatest, and you can eyeball and meaure it yourself really. Dry run the install and mark with a grease pencil. Definitely seal up the bottom side of the mounts with a good sealant to prevent any leaks during frequent washings   :) and occasional showers. Good
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 02:20:42 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 01:16:16 PM »

Hmmm, that sounds like a job for the stealer. I would shake like a ____ in church on Sunday with a drill in my hand near my paint. If the paint gets messed up I'd rather them have to replace tour pak them me. I've already bought it once.  :)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

They're really not a big deal Gary.  The little paper template they give is only slightly better than worthless as it'll never be in exactly the right spot.  But that's ok.  The spoilers themselves cover such a large area around the bolts themselves that you've got a lot of wiggle room.  On all four of the tour pak spoiler installs it was the same routine; 1) line everything up as well as could be 2) drill the appropriate size hole 3) set the spoiler down and see which way it is from center and which holes don't completely line up any longer, 4) use a rotary sanding bit in a Dremel to complete the hole-creation-process.

You could, if need be, make an original hole much bigger and the entire thing would still be covered the by spoiler itself.  The saddlebags are an easier proposition.  No up-and-down shape for the flimsy paper template to travel over and a much shorter distance and template as well.  The tour pak, however, will likely need a bit of "adjustment" to the holes after they're drilled the first time.  But that is, fortunately, no big deal.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 01:19:53 PM »

The dealer did my backrest, but you should have seen me when I was drilling the holes for my fairing mounted mirrors.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 01:20:32 PM by twolanerider »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 03:30:39 PM »

Did your big backrest come with any kind of a template for the holes?

I remember the tech that did the work saying it did, but who knows for sure.  They throw all the paperwork away when they're done, so I don't have anything.  Maybe that's the reason your dealer hadn't heard of it, either.  I've used the grease daub method, myself, on many occasions, though.  Works just fine.

Alazlo

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005, 08:24:21 PM »

If you're gonna be touring there's no sense in getting the chopped version.  I like the idea of the running lights along the bottom of the tourpack. I bought a used ElectraGlide Classic tourpack off ebay. Had my local paint shop paint it like Harley does. The wife & I bought a black leather hide & we recovered the stock vinyl backrest with leather. (Can't have a leather seat and vinyl backrest). Made a connector strip, with Harley plugs, to run from under the seat to the tourpack to get the power for the interior & exterior lights. Got the extra peiece of antenna cord I needed & mounted with quick detach.  It looks great & I'm into it for about half of what it would have cost to buy a new one. I can post photos when I get it back from the dealer... We're splitting the cases....

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 12:41:08 PM »

I'm getting ready to order via chicago hd the king tour pac, a backrest, and the two up detachable rack, spoiler and luggage rack plus the saddle bag spoilers. I just had the bejeezus scared out of me on the medallion thread when someone posted the parts list for the tour pak - I assume most of those parts are included with my order but what else do I need to order to complete this project? Lock or latches? How complete will this come? Thanks again for the great answers thus far.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 02:00:32 PM »

I'm getting ready to order via chicago hd the king tour pac, a backrest, and the two up detachable rack, spoiler and luggage rack plus the saddle bag spoilers. I just had the bejeezus scared out of me on the medallion thread when someone posted the parts list for the tour pak - [highlight]I assume most of those parts are included with my order but what else do I need to order to complete this project? Lock or latches?[/highlight] How complete will this come? Thanks again for the great answers thus far.

Now that you mention this, you may want to have your VIN ready and order a lock that matches your ignition barrel keys. If memory serves me right tour pak does not come with lock assembly and at the time I ordered mine I didn't have bike (so no VIN #), and ended up having an extra key.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 03:00:11 PM »

Now that you mention this, you may want to have your VIN ready and order a lock that matches your ignition barrel keys. If memory serves me right tour pak does not come with lock assembly and at the time I ordered mine I didn't have bike (so no VIN #), and ended up having an extra key.

Don't need the VIN, just the key number.  Look on your spare key.  Probably never broke the number tag off of it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 22 queries.