Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: D&D Fat Cat pics...w/ or w/o ghost pipe??? What's your preference?  (Read 27177 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: D&D Fat Cat pics...w/ or w/o ghost pipe??? What's your preference?
« Reply #120 on: December 25, 2009, 12:53:22 AM »

As stated before there is no right or wrong answer but,

when I see a ghost pipe I liken it to a

toupee or a "comb over".

It does not fool hardly anyone (at least those with a little knowledge)

but the owner thinks it looks better.

I think it's probably more accurate to say the ghost pipe fools everyone but those with a little knowledge. My guess is that the vast majority of people that see the bike with its ghost pipe will prefer the look of the 2 pipes while the few that know its a ghost pipe will be split in their opinion. The vast majority of non-bikers probably can't tell the difference between a Suzuki Boulevard or Victory  vs a Harley, let alone a real 2:2 vs a 2:1 with a ghost pipe.

I would say a ghost pipe is more analagous to hub caps on a 1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible. Everyone knows they aren't the real wheels but they also all agree the car looks better with them versus without them.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:08:18 AM by Heatwave »

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #121 on: December 25, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »

"Classic" analogy and IMO on the money!
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

hogasm

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2009, 07:10:14 PM »

Wow, you're one priveledged guy aren't you now?!!! You continue to reference this here and there, like there's something wrong with it. Or like you're so much better than everyone since you never did. Well I'm very appreciative of ANYONE who will offer to loan a bike to anyone for any reason. Sometimes you don't have enough time to go long distances, and need to borrow or rent one. Sometimes you break down on the road, and are offered a bike rather than stay home, because your friends would rather see you make the trip. Shows you how generous some people are who are willing to even offer that, as I've done on both sides of the fence with some of the great members here. But I guess you're so much better than everyone else here becauset you never needed to borrow a bike (which I don't necessarily believe you NEVER borrowed a bike). At least you talk like you are. Or maybe it's just that nobody will loan you one?!!! :nixweiss: ::) :P :D ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:

Guess he has his nose so far up the owner of this sites ass that he can type whatever he wants and not get into any trouble Howie. If one of us were to type something like that without knowing all the facts we would probably be banned forever :nixweiss:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.