Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Neutral??  (Read 3909 times)

goldfar

Neutral??
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »

Is it just me or is neutral a little hard to find on this bike??  Seems easier to get there from 1st, more difficult from 2nd.
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Neutral??
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »

Is it just me or is neutral a little hard to find on this bike??  Seems easier to get there from 1st, more difficult from 2nd.

I couldn't hit neutral on my 10 til I changed to Redline MTL in the primary at 650 miles.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »

I couldn't hit neutral on my 10 til I changed to Redline MTL in the primary at 650 miles.

:2vrolijk_21:

Redline Trans Fluid with Shockproof in the trans and Redline Primary Case Oil in the primary and it will be better.

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »

Every Harley I have had has been the same way, it gets better after the 1st service and with better oil.

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

Familiar story, diagnosis & cure correct.
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »

I'll check with the Annapolis service guy's, but I have the same problem. I've only got the bike out a few times, so we'll see how things go. But I do "love this ride"

Merry Christmas     ;D

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »

The very first time I took the bike out and I had put about 2 miles on it, I noticed I'd left the rear saddlebag open.  Getting off to the side of the road and attempting to get it into neutral was nigh on impossible.  Having had a Heritage from 05 to present, I never had a problem with it as it had the dual shifter rods so you could get accurately into neutral with a habitual tap of the heel shifter.  Never a problem.  This bike however, comes with only a toe shifter.  My toe muscles aren't as learned as my heel tap was so had quite a difficult time as it seems others are also.  After getting about 70 miles on it now and having it out twice on the road because of the inclement weather lately, I will admit it appears to be going into neutral much easier but still 'searching' a bit with my unlearned toe movement.  Now, however, the last week I have purchased a heel shift rod/knob to match the toe shifter/knob and at least in the garage it seems to just pop right out of gear almost by osmosis!  I bought this bike because I wanted a SE version of a Heritage and that was one of the items I liked so much and didn't want to have to give up.  It has been a challenge to get the parts rounded up that match but perseverance has prevailed.  I am sure I will like it very much when I get it out on the open road.     

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »

PorkyP..  it's nice to see someone else besides me needs a flash light to see what the heck they're doing.  :2vrolijk_21:

I don't use the heal shifter so I promised wifey that I would put mine on her ConV. Neither of us have had issues, above normal break in, finding neutral. We did, however, have the SD purge our clutch systems before taking ownership.

goldfar

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »

After getting about 70 miles on it now and having it out twice on the road because of the inclement weather lately, I will admit it appears to be going into neutral much easier

I may have jumped the gun.  Now, with a couple hundred miles on her, finding neutral has become much easier.  EITHER, the bike has broken in some OR I've become more accustomed to how she shifts.  Most likely a little of both.  This is a great bike.  You can't stop somehwere without someone comming over to complement how she looks and get into a discussion.
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »

I had the same problem and after a couple of hundred miles it has gotten much, much better.

Mike V.
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.