Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Cold Idle Problems with the FLHTCUSE  (Read 11096 times)

Yukla95

• CUSE3 (VA)
Cold Idle Problems with the FLHTCUSE
« on: January 10, 2006, 11:17:51 PM »

I am wondering if anyone is having the same problem I am. I saw a few references to it in an old thread about "Engine Knock" (I hope that problem is resolved now). When my bike has been sitting in the cold for a while it will not stay running until it warms up. It chokes and spits and throws white smoke out the right side unless you hold the throttle up to around 1500 rpm until warm. The dealership first flashed the ECM and that didn't work then the MoCo suggested it might be a Idle Air Control Stepper motor, replaced and still having problem. Now there is another one in the shop for the same thing and the MoCo has authorized the shop to download a stage 1 flash into the ECM. Will have to wait and see. When it is warm, there is no problem whatsoever.
Ever hear of this on others? What was the final resolution if you have had this?
Thanks for the help and this great site!

Yukla (Alaskan for Eagle)
2008 FLHTCUSE3 White Frost and Silver Mist
V&H Monster Ovals w/True Duals
HD Super Tuner
Big Sucker Intake

jvall

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Cold Idle Problems with the FLHTCUSE
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:58:31 AM »

I have the same problem. Bike still at dealer since Dec 14th. Waiting for racing re-cal
part #34304-06 to be released from MOCO. Had them install Rineharts & stage one a/c.
They said that once they install the re-cal, my idle problems will go away.
I called the MOCO yesterday & was told the re-cal is back-ordered until Jan 25th. This is the
third time they have changed the delivery date.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 08:14:34 AM »

I hope you fellows get the issue resolved.  I think they are running too lean.  That's why you bought an EFI bike so you could start and drive off and not fiddle with a choke.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:26:14 AM »

I hope you fellows get the issue resolved.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:27:08 AM »

I have the same problem. Bike still at dealer since Dec 14th. Waiting for racing re-cal
part #34304-06 to be released from MOCO. Had them install Rineharts & stage one a/c.
They said that once they install the re-cal, my idle problems will go away.
I called the MOCO yesterday & was told the re-cal is back-ordered until Jan 25th. This is the
third time they have changed the delivery date.

jvall, not sure what part of the country you're in, but unless you're snowed in, that's a long time to wait for a download.  Seems like it would be better to go with a SERT and load the map they now have for your set up.  Of course, it you're unable to ride due to weather, no biggie to wait.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

jvall

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 09:33:54 AM »

GC_SUPER, the only positive is that it is winter. Can you give me the map number so I can
                relay it to my lack of knowledge dealer.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 11:12:44 AM »

GC_SUPER, the only positive is that it is winter. Can you give me the map number so I can

2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

jvall

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 12:26:37 PM »

Many Thanks,  Jim

Yukla95

• CUSE3 (VA)
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 01:23:42 PM »

Wow, thanks for the responses...I have been told that they are going to do the same thing but was told that the cartridges are in stock at the MoCo and will be shipped to the dealership this week. Mine has been in three times already and I am giving it back this Friday and letting them keep it for a week while I am on a business trip (to Hawaii!...I know I shouldn't have said that).
I was also told that the reason they want to do the "Cartridges" is because they just "flash" the ECM and get a return authorization from the MoCo who doesn't want the SERTs returned after they have been matched up with a VIN.   Cheers [smiley=drink.gif]
HD Super Tuner
Big Sucker Intake

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 02:10:36 PM »

Wow, thanks for the responses...I have been told that they are going to do the same thing but was told that the cartridges are in stock at the MoCo and will be shipped to the dealership this week. Mine has been in three times already and I am giving it back this Friday and letting them keep it for a week while I am on a business trip (to Hawaii!...I know I shouldn't have said that).
[highlight]I was also told that the reason they want to do the "Cartridges" is because they just "flash" the ECM and get a return authorization from the MoCo who doesn't want the SERTs returned after they have been matched up with a VIN. [/highlight]
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »

I was also told that the reason they want to do the "Cartridges" is because they just "flash" the ECM and get a return authorization from the MoCo who doesn't want the SERTs returned after they have been matched up with a VIN.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 02:30:54 PM »

I'm confused.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Yukla95

• CUSE3 (VA)
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 06:03:33 PM »

My dealership is telling me the same as UltraFXR except he still contends that it will be in on tomorrow. FR8TRN...I do not have the SE Breather on the new bike, was waiting to get the thing running right. I like the SERT on the 02 SERK and may go to that when I decide what I am going to do with pipes and the breather.
I will be very interested in seeing how this works because the shop is going to do the same load with a bone stock bike (mine) and one that has slip ons, and SE Breather, and a Vance and Hines Tuner...don't make a lot of sense that a flash would fix the other bike.
I think there may be something more to this problem.

Cheers,
Yukla
HD Super Tuner
Big Sucker Intake

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »

Got this from another post, but here it is:

Calibratiion # 36

Yukla95

• CUSE3 (VA)
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 06:01:21 PM »

Jvall...I got the word today, Jan 25th is the shipping date for the cartridges. Not sure when they will hit the shop.

2Up...yes, it is a flash for the current ECM and it DOES require a cartridge. We are being told that the MoCo will NOT release this version except this way. Not sure why but we think it has something to do with fixing a production vehicle with a non-EPA flash. I have no idea at this point, I do know that the better get something together and fix this problem ASAP.

Cheers all,  [smiley=drink.gif]

Yukla
HD Super Tuner
Big Sucker Intake
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.