Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: head pipes?  (Read 10859 times)

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
Re: head pipes?
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 09:49:04 PM »

Many of the new true duals for the 09 & 10's are routed same as the stock pipes, under the frame.  For instance, look at the BUB and V&H site.  They still offer older versions so look specifically for the new models.

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 04:14:44 PM »

I just got off the phone with Steve at Fullsac. He's shipping me a new x-pipe, 2" baffles, and TTS Mastertune today.  :bananarock:  :cucumber:

While we were talking he emailed a photo of the x-pipe with stock heat shields installed. He also gave me the OK to post the photo. I know that earlier in the thread someone was asking to see pictures, so here it is. As you can see, the pic is from the "backside", but you can tell that the pipe is almost entirely hidden by the heat shields. It looks very well camouflaged and tough (but not impossible) for anyone to be able to tell it from the stock pipe.

When I get the new stuff on the bike I'll post some pictures...  8)
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »

The new X pipe is a torque monster. Specifically tuned for big fat heavy touring bikes.

My SESG sure doesn't feel fat with the 110! Since putting on the X with 2.0 baffles, it seem to have gotten a bunch lighter!
I still owe pics with the X pipe on the bike... hopefully the weather will cooperate. But I like the look, the black ceramic leaves less to reflect from the surrounding chrome (no bluing reflections!).
It may be a while before I can get over and have another snapshot done for charts, but I did get a baseline done before changing baffles and header.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

I just got off the phone with Steve at Fullsac. He's shipping me a new x-pipe, 2" baffles, and TTS Mastertune today.  :bananarock:  :cucumber:

While we were talking he emailed a photo of the x-pipe with stock heat shields installed. He also gave me the OK to post the photo. I know that earlier in the thread someone was asking to see pictures, so here it is. As you can see, the pic is from the "backside", but you can tell that the pipe is almost entirely hidden by the heat shields. It looks very well camouflaged and tough (but not impossible) for anyone to be able to tell it from the stock pipe.

When I get the new stuff on the bike I'll post some pictures...  8)

When you go with your new pipes and tune are you going with o2 or no o2??
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »

When you go with your new pipes and tune are you going with o2 or no o2??

The bike came with O2 sensors and along with the Mastertune (and related stuff) they provide a great way for a reasonably competent person to achieve a good tune -without the need for a dyno! And if you change anything on the bike -like new cams, ported heads/intake, etc. you have the ability to adjust the tune to correctly compensate for the changes. I'm definitely staying with the O2 sensors.

Here's a pic of the other side of the x-pipe. Kinda looks like what you would expect -it looks stock from this side.
Heh, heh, heh...  8)
S&S T124
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »

I noticed that the fullsac x pipe is ceramic coated black on the outide of the pipe....any reason or purpose? And is that something like the Jet-Hot coating.

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »

I noticed that the fullsac x pipe is ceramic coated black on the outside of the pipe....any reason or purpose? And is that something like the Jet-Hot coating.

The coating will prevent the pipes from rusting (at least on the outside), and (I think) helps to keep the exhaust heat inside the pipe. Looks nicer than a rusty pipe too.

I believe the ceramic coating is similar to Jet-Hot, but Steve at Fullsac would have to answer that one for us...
S&S T124
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

NLeischen

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 02:28:38 PM »

I did a lot of research on headers with no CATs for my FLHTCUSE5 Ultra. V&H advised me that their Dresser Duals were true duals, keep the stock look including crossing the pipe under the frame. Also they will run cooler on the engine than the stock headers or the Power Duals. Slight bump in power also.  I do not like the X-Box look of the Power Duals.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »

I did a lot of research on headers with no CATs for my FLHTCUSE5 Ultra. V&H advised me that their Dresser Duals were true duals, keep the stock look including crossing the pipe under the frame. Also they will run cooler on the engine than the stock headers or the Power Duals. Slight bump in power also.  I do not like the X-Box look of the Power Duals.

Depending on your riding style, you would probably not even notice any power gains/losses from one system to the next.
IMO get whatever system sounds/looks good to YOU. You will be the one putting all those miles on your bike.

Cooler running is a factor of tuning and getting rid of the cat under your right foot!

I agree with you on the "X-Box look"  of power duals.

:2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.