Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Dealership discounts  (Read 12223 times)

Wanna ride

Dealership discounts
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »

I thought I saw somewhere on here where there was a list of HD dealers that gave good discounts. Anyone have some info on this?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Dealership discounts
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:37:13 PM »

Click here for dealers offering 20% discount.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Wanna ride

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »

THANKS!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:01:17 PM »

THANKS!!
You're welcome. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 05:09:50 AM »

I thought I saw somewhere on here where there was a list of HD dealers that gave good discounts. Anyone have some info on this?

You don't mention what you want to buy. The 20% off is typically for H-D P&A, except at Jenni's where the discount also applies to other stuff. It does, however, never apply to bikes ;-).

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 09:33:34 AM »

You don't mention what you want to buy. The 20% off is typically for H-D P&A, except at Jenni's where the discount also applies to other stuff. It does, however, never apply to bikes ;-).

Ride safely,
Louis

Chicago Harley's website also discounts Drag Specialties' part numbers.  The amount seems to vary a bit.  But the discount is usally in the 20% range.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 05:32:19 PM »

Chicago Harley's website also discounts Drag Specialties' part numbers.  The amount seems to vary a bit.  But the discount is usally in the 20% range.

I make all my major Hd parts purchases from Chicago HD. They give 20% on HD parts and 10% on aftermarket. No Tax. but you pay the shipping.
They are great to deal with. You can ask for Steve. 800-262-9150 or 888-338-6868   :2vrolijk_21:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 06:13:06 PM »

I make all my major Hd parts purchases from Chicago HD. They give 20% on HD parts and 10% on aftermarket. No Tax. but you pay the shipping.
They are great to deal with. You can ask for Steve. 800-262-9150 or 888-338-6868   :2vrolijk_21:

HeHe!!! Jenni at Tri County HD gives us 20% on EVERYTHING!!! And you can call her with your order, not just online purchases! :P :) ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 06:32:44 PM »

HeHe!!! Jenni at Tri County HD gives us 20% on EVERYTHING!!! And you can call her with your order, not just online purchases! :P :) ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
My local stealer has some kind of a card that if you buy a billion dollars of chit they give 15% off the next purchase.. WOOOOOOP....PEEE!  :nixweiss:

I even sat down and had a drink with the owner and told him I buy too much to pay msrp. He did not offer a dime discount! So I buy elsewhere...
There loss! O I did find out you can get 10% for being a local hog member. I am not!  :nixweiss:
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

Wanna ride

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 06:49:47 AM »

Ride safely,
Louis

I'm looking at buying a new chopped tour pak and quick disconnect kit for the weekend trips this summer.

Is anyone here familiar with the MVP program offered at a few dealerships? There's only about 20 or so dealerships that offer this. Basically, you pay a one time fee of $75 and you earn discounts. Initial members start off at 10% off, and then you build up. I'm at about 14% off all purchases (bikes excluded). HOG members get a standard 10% off, but if you're not a HOG member, this isn't a bad deal. The 20% offered at some dealerships is sweet, if you don't mind ordering over the phone or 'net.

For the everyday stuff the MVP program isn't bad, it's definitely better than nothing and it helps out my local dealer. But I'll probably order my tour pak from Chicago HD and ride up there to pick it up. When I paid for my MVP membership, I was in there to buy my PM front wheel, tire, rotor, and other stuff. It was going to be somewhere around $2000 total. With adding the MVP membership and instantly applying the discount, it all ended up being around $1700. So in that case, it was foolish not to join MVP. They also give the same MVP discount on Drag, motorclothes, and HD parts. Any item in the store, or that can be order from the store get the discount, except bikes. There's certain things you just are apprehensive about buying from mail-order, and you just want to buy from someone you already have a relationship established with. Two times a year, they have a MVP night, with free dinner (pretty good catering too), beer, mixed drinks, extra discounts on everything in the store, and a ton of free give-aways including a big flat-screen tv. That alone, twice a year is well worth the one-time $75 fee. :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:02:31 AM by Wanna Ride »

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 06:56:16 AM »

I'm looking at buying a new chopped tour pak and quick disconnect kit for the weekend trips this summer.

Is anyone here familiar with the MVP program offered at a few dealerships? There's only about 20 or so dealerships that offer this. Basically, you pay a one time fee of $75 and you earn discounts. Initial members start off at 10% off, and then you build up. I'm at about 14% off all purchases (bikes excluded). HOG members get a standard 10% off, but if you're not a HOG member, this isn't a bad deal. The 20% offered at some dealerships is sweet, if you don't mind ordering over the phone or 'net.

For the everyday stuff, the MVP program isn't bad, it's definitely better than nothing, and it helps out my local dealer.

One more way for the stealer to get your money!!
2015 CVO Limited

hogasm

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 07:00:18 AM »

For the everyday stuff, the MVP program isn't bad, it's definitely better than nothing, and it helps out my local dealer.

If your dealer is having you pay $75...he is screwing you up the ass

hogasm

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 07:07:30 AM »

H>O>G> Rewards Bucks Program Guidlines

Recipient must be a current HOG Member

10% Rewards Value of invoices total shall bee earned on all FULL PRICE retail purchases [merchandise value only]

Rewards Bucks may not be used with any other discount or sales promotion

Not valid for labor, motorcycle or finance purchases

Must be redeemed within [1] year of invoice date

Rewards Bucks are NOT-TRANSFERRABLE and have NO CASH VALUE

Rewards Bucks are only valid at issuing dealership

Rewards Bucks cannot be replaced if lost or damaged to the point that the information is unreadable

When redeemed, the entire value of the Rewards Bucks shall be exhausted

Rewards Bucks cannot be placed on account or returned as change for a purchase

Wanna ride

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 07:17:33 AM »

If your dealer is having you pay $75...he is screwing you up the ass
So let's hear you better alternative, friend.

No, he's not. You're not familiar with the program, so you really can't make an asinine statement like that. What do you pay for the stupid HOG membership, that only grants a 10% discount? No offense, but I really don't want to pay for the Hog Tales magazine (should be called MoCo advertisement magazine) that comes 3 or 4 times a year, so I can attend some meetings with a bunch of other people.

I don't need to be in an "elite" club to ride my bike and qualify for a little deal on parts from my local dealer. Who, by the way, employs people who live in my county. HOG members only get 10%. With my first purchase, I instantly qualified for 12%. They give you extra points just for logging miles on your bike, and I won another point just for attending the MVP dinners. Like I stated above, the day I purchased the MVP membership, my wheel and a bunch of other stuff, I immediately saved around $300. So adding the cost of the membership, I STILL saved well over $225. Whenever I buy various things, like oil/filters, clothes, etc, I wait unti lthe MVP nights and get additional discounts on top of the membership discount. If you work it to your advantage, it's a really good program.

http://www.starvedrockhdmvp.com/main.php

In fact, this weekend, they are offering DOUBLE discounts for MVP members. So I'll get 28% off my Tour Pak if I order it this weekend. Guess I know where I'll be Saturday morning. That extra discount added this weekend will work out to about another $140 off the Tour Pak and optional stuff I want for it. That alone is almost twice the one-time $75 fee. So I ask you... how is that "screwing me up the ass"?

http://www.starvedrockhd.com/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:34:00 AM by Wanna Ride »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »

My dealer offers 10% on everything (except the already heavily discounted discount rack) if yo are national and local HOG member.
About twice a year they  have special 15% days for anyone and once a year that have a members only 20% night.

The 20% night is on anything you buy in store or order that night. They are in a 1/2 sales tax area and there is no charge for shipping.

I usually put together an order for stuff I am not in a hurry for, in the past that is how I got my tourpak and all the cam replacement parts. This year it will be for a new fender  :nixweiss:

I try and give them the business I can as they are small and the owner has been bucking HD about the non highway location for over 10 years.

But - if I can't wait, it is eBay or Chicago. I have yet to try Jenni's dealer for no particular reason.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

hogasm

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 12:19:36 PM »

So let's hear you better alternative, friend.

No, he's not. You're not familiar with the program, so you really can't make an asinine statement like that. What do you pay for the stupid HOG membership, that only grants a 10% discount? No offense, but I really don't want to pay for the Hog Tales magazine (should be called MoCo advertisement magazine) that comes 3 or 4 times a year, so I can attend some meetings with a bunch of other people.

I don't need to be in an "elite" club to ride my bike and qualify for a little deal on parts from my local dealer. Who, by the way, employs people who live in my county. HOG members only get 10%. With my first purchase, I instantly qualified for 12%. They give you extra points just for logging miles on your bike, and I won another point just for attending the MVP dinners. Like I stated above, the day I purchased the MVP membership, my wheel and a bunch of other stuff, I immediately saved around $300. So adding the cost of the membership, I STILL saved well over $225. Whenever I buy various things, like oil/filters, clothes, etc, I wait until the MVP nights and get additional discounts on top of the membership discount. If you work it to your advantage, it's a really good program.

http://www.starvedrockhdmvp.com/main.php

In fact, this weekend, they are offering DOUBLE discounts for MVP members. So I'll get 28% off my Tour Pak if I order it this weekend. Guess I know where I'll be Saturday morning. That extra discount added this weekend will work out to about another $140 off the Tour Pak and optional stuff I want for it. That alone is almost twice the one-time $75 fee. So I ask you... how is that "screwing me up the ass"?

http://www.starvedrockhd.com/

It is good to see that you are able to take advantage of his fee, but why should you have to pay that fee to begin with :nixweiss:

Our dealer gives free tire mounting to HOG members.....so let's see I have 3 bikes. One goes through 3 rear tires a year, one goes through 2 rear tires a year and the other goes through 1 rear tire each year. At $99 per tire mount and ballance with 6 tires comes to $594 minus the cost of being a HOG member of $40/year and $10/year for local, comes to a savings of $504 per year. And believe you me, it is the only reason that I am a member

When I use my Visa card I receive up to 3% of my charges in chrome cash from Harley. At one time I put 3500 on account at the Dealership. They had an offer that if you put monies on account, for every $75 they would give you $100. So my 3500 turned into $4375. Then one day they had a fish bowl with discounts that you will receive on your purchase, well I drew 25% off, so I ordered every part that I needed to completely rebuild my 02 from the ground up.....Oh yea now I have $5375 on account in which I spent pretty much every dime :huepfenlol2:....Oh yea forgot...had to be a HOG member to take advantage of HIS discounts and offers.

So for $50 I received $504 for free+ $1875 = $2379

Not beating an old horse but....if you are able to take advantage of the discount/deal that your dealer is offering....then GREAT but for the average Joe that is living week to week, paying out a fee to receive a discount is a tough thing to do.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 01:10:42 PM »

I agree... I'm not going to give my stealer more money to get a better discount. I put together a wish list and wait until my local dealer runs his 20% discount which is about 4 times a year. If I need it before then, I'll start making phone calls.

I've run across some dealers that offer 10% for just being a national HOG member.. not a local HOG member

2015 CVO Limited

Wanna ride

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »

I'm sorry. You're right, I'm wrong. Now you can go finish your other argument with the wall.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:22:10 PM by Wanna Ride »

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 09:40:43 PM »

I'm sorry. You're right, I'm wrong. Now you can go finish your other argument with the wall.

No, he's usually arguing with Chip.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 06:46:11 AM »

Hey, what ever works best for you, that's what you need to do... :nixweiss:
2015 CVO Limited

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 07:58:17 AM »

I deal with a semi local dealer who has a 25% sale the Saturday after Thanksgiving (stock or ordered parts).....from Thanksgiving to Christmas, all stock HD Parts are 20% off.  During the year they give you a card that is punched when you spend $50....there are there are 20 punches on the card, when it all punched out the card becomes a $200 gift certificate for HD Parts.

My two Cents....no charge for the punch card.....

napalm
napalm

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 09:28:41 AM »

Hey.......any deal is better than NO DEAL!  And we all love a deal if it's really a deal.  The best deal is to be treated 'fairly' and with respect and not taken advantage of just because they can.  We all know which dealers treat us the right way and which ones to avoid whenever possible.  At least we can spread this info so as to be better informed (like Jenni).  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 09:15:11 AM »

Right on, Spyder!!!!

napalm
napalm

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »

Capital City HD in Madison, Wisconsin offers 20% off apparel and accessories all year...

http://www.capitalcityhd.com/catalog.asp
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 05:18:55 AM »

I get 20% everything at my dealership. He doesn't charge me anything for that privelage, other than the 6 bikes I've paid MSRP for.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »

I get 20% everything at my dealership. He doesn't charge me anything for that privelage, other than the 6 bikes I've paid MSRP for.

Well, look who came out of the woodwork!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 07:22:24 PM »

For the everyday stuff the MVP program isn't bad, it's definitely better than nothing and it helps out my local dealer. But I'll probably order my tour pak from Chicago HD and ride up there to pick it up. When I paid for my MVP membership, I was in there to buy my PM front wheel, tire, rotor, and other stuff. It was going to be somewhere around $2000 total. With adding the MVP membership and instantly applying the discount, it all ended up being around $1700. So in that case, it was foolish not to join MVP. They also give the same MVP discount on Drag, motorclothes, and HD parts. Any item in the store, or that can be order from the store get the discount, except bikes. There's certain things you just are apprehensive about buying from mail-order, and you just want to buy from someone you already have a relationship established with. Two times a year, they have a MVP night, with free dinner (pretty good catering too), beer, mixed drinks, extra discounts on everything in the store, and a ton of free give-aways including a big flat-screen tv. That alone, twice a year is well worth the one-time $75 fee. :)

Let me get this correct.  You pay $75 for 10% off to start.  So your first $750 you spend, you get $75 off, and have paid $75 to get this, so you have paid MSRP for the first $750 in purchases.  You said that you instantly applied your discount when you made your first purchase of around $2000.  Since you got a 12% discount, that would mean you saved $240 minus the $75 to join, so you saved $165 on a $2000 purchase, which I calculate to a total discount of a little over 8%.  Now, if you made this one purchase through Jenni, you would have saved $400 on the purchase.  Unless you happened to be the lucky winner of that big flat-screen TV, I don't see how this is a good deal at all.  Yes, I know you think you are stimulating the local economy, but only the owner's economy.  Do you really think that they're paying the employees better just because they are making more money off of each customer?  Now, you are buying the tourpack and saving 28% or $140, which means the price would be about $500 for the tourpack, etc.  Puchasing it through Jenni saves $100.  So, on these 2 purchases, you saved $305, which is great if it weren't for the fact that you would have saved $500 through Jenni.  Now, admittedly, Jenni charges $10 shipping on each order, so you would have really only saved $480 vs. $305.  That's an extra $175 still in your pocket and I'll bet you can find a better dinner than the dealer serves with $175.  I'm just saying...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »

So, on these 2 purchases, you saved $305, which is great if it weren't for the fact that you would have saved $500 through Jenni.  Now, admittedly, Jenni charges $10 shipping on each order, so you would have really only saved $480 vs. $305.  That's an extra $175 still in your pocket and I'll bet you can find a better dinner than the dealer serves with $175.  I'm just saying...
In some States, you'd save 'tax' by buying out-of-state also.   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 07:41:30 PM »

Well, look who came out of the woodwork!

i have this bad habit of eatin, so been busy with work
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »

In some States, you'd save 'tax' by buying out-of-state also.   spyder

I meant to add that and forgot.  In his case with Illinois, that would have been another 6.25% savings or another $156.25 on $2500 in purchases.  So that brings the total savings on these 2 purchases to about $331.25 by going through Jenni.  No matter how you look at it, that's a hefty amount left in your pocket, or another $414 in parts you could buy with the 20% discount.  Now I know why I've stopped buying parts from my local dealer.  On my last bike alone, I would have saved well over $2000 by ordering through Jenni, but luckily, at the time I purchased most of my parts at 25% off from a local dealer that was running a special that they no longer run.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »

I meant to add that and forgot.  In his case with Illinois, that would have been another 6.25% savings or another $156.25 on $2500 in purchases.  So that brings the total savings on these 2 purchases to about $331.25 by going through Jenni.  No matter how you look at it, that's a hefty amount left in your pocket, or another $414 in parts you could buy with the 20% discount.  Now I know why I've stopped buying parts from my local dealer.  On my last bike alone, I would have saved well over $2000 by ordering through Jenni, but luckily, at the time I purchased most of my parts at 25% off from a local dealer that was running a special that they no longer run.

Minus the two beers and three sets of batteries your calculator used to figure this all out !  :cherry:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »

Minus the two beers and three sets of batteries your calculator used to figure this all out !  :cherry:

I've had this solar powered calculator from Radio Shack since around 1975, when I was a junior in high school, and it just doesn't seem to quit on me...and I needed the beer to wash down the Krystal burgers anyway.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 11:06:59 PM »

I've had this solar powered calculator from Radio Shack since around 1975, when I was a junior in high school, and it just doesn't seem to quit on me...and I needed the beer to wash down the Krystal burgers anyway.

Where's a Yankee in PA find Krystal burgers?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »

Where's a Yankee in PA find Krystal burgers?

That was actually just a little inside joke with OhioDave.  When we were in Daytona, those Krystal Burgers didn't exactly agree with me, so I ended up decorating the parking lot at the hotel several times.  Hey, you asked.  Those used to be my favorites and now I don't think I could ever eat one again.

hogasm

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 08:15:04 AM »

Let me get this correct.  You pay $75 for 10% off to start.  So your first $750 you spend, you get $75 off, and have paid $75 to get this, so you have paid MSRP for the first $750 in purchases.  You said that you instantly applied your discount when you made your first purchase of around $2000.  Since you got a 12% discount, that would mean you saved $240 minus the $75 to join, so you saved $165 on a $2000 purchase, which I calculate to a total discount of a little over 8%.  Now, if you made this one purchase through Jenni, you would have saved $400 on the purchase.  Unless you happened to be the lucky winner of that big flat-screen TV, I don't see how this is a good deal at all.  Yes, I know you think you are stimulating the local economy, but only the owner's economy.  Do you really think that they're paying the employees better just because they are making more money off of each customer?  Now, you are buying the tourpack and saving 28% or $140, which means the price would be about $500 for the tourpack, etc.  Puchasing it through Jenni saves $100.  So, on these 2 purchases, you saved $305, which is great if it weren't for the fact that you would have saved $500 through Jenni.  Now, admittedly, Jenni charges $10 shipping on each order, so you would have really only saved $480 vs. $305.  That's an extra $175 still in your pocket and I'll bet you can find a better dinner than the dealer serves with $175.  I'm just saying...

I'm sorry. You're right, I'm wrong. Now you can go finish your other argument with the wall. didn't know how to do  multiple quotes

I thought I was the bad guy here..............AJ help !!!!!!!!!!

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »

I'm sorry. You're right, I'm wrong. Now you can go finish your other argument with the wall. didn't know how to do  multiple quotes

wow.. that's the same as post #17.. starting to see a pattern here....  :D  :bananarock:

Like I said earlier, "whatever works best for you". A discount is better than no discount at all!!!
2015 CVO Limited

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »

I wasn't trying to be a bad guy at all, but rather I just thought that from all that was being said, putting some real numbers out there would make this a lot more clear.  A close friend of mine has put about $50,000 in upgrades to his 2 bikes in the past year and has let the dealer do it all.  He has received nothing more than 5% reward bucks back on any of the parts, and he's always telling me how much he has built up to spend on the reward card.  I've been telling him for a long time that he's spending way too much for the parts.  He finally got himself a computer and he's been surfing around and finding out how much he can save.  No matter how much I told him, it never seemed to register until he saw it in "black and white" on the computer.  Yes, his bikes are pretty awesome machines.  Like was said earlier, some discount is better than no discount at all, but when you have an addiction like a lot of us do, those numbers can really build up when you aren't looking out for #1.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »

Alright Dave now go back to reminiscing about your Krystal burgers.... :beerchug:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

Alright Dave now go back to reminiscing about your Krystal burgers.... :beerchug:

I think I needed a "do over" on that night.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13:45 AM »

I think I needed a "do over" on that night.

Yep agreed...lol

Wanna ride

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »

I haven't been on here in over a week and you all are still bickering over this?

Some of you guys need to get off your keyboard and back on your motorcycle. But then again you probably only ride when it's not raining and only between 76 and 82 degrees. But it's probably because you're so busy with all your clients or patients.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »

I haven't been on here in over a week and you all are still bickering over this?

Some of you guys need to get off your keyboard and back on your motorcycle. But then again you probably only ride when it's not raining and only between 76 and 82 degrees. But it's probably because you're so busy with all your clients or patients.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know I rode down to zero degrees last winter, and as soon as I get back my speaker pod that's being painted, I'll be back on the streets.  Of course, I'm using heated gear to do that.  This year, I'm not riding with salt on the roads anymore.  It's a real pain to clean the salt off the bike and I don't have an indoor facility at home where I can feasibly hose it down.  These bikes are too nice to let them rust away from salt.  You are in Central Illinois. I can't imagine that your weather has been any better than we've had here in PA this year.  We just finally had the first few days of rain to wash that crap off the roads.

Anyway, you haven't been on the site for a real long time yet and I think you'll find that there are quite a few of us that share your passion to ride no matter what mother nature throws our way.  Also, don't ever take anything personal on here.  We just happen to be a very opinionated bunch that don't hesitate to toss our viewpoints out there, whether anyone wants to hear them or not.  I think you'll enjoy the site and the people even more.  You obviously aren't afraid to say what's on your mind either, so it looks like you fit in well with this crew.  Remember, not only will we try to help you spend your money, we'll also try to find ways to save you money on what you do spend.  One more thing, if you ever find yourself riding toward the Pittsburgh area, get in touch and we'll ride...and of course one more thing...if you ever get the opportunity to attend any of the forum GTG's (get-togethers), by all means do it.  Meeting up with these folks will make you appreciate the banter even more.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:52 PM »

Well I too can't speak for everyone,.... but this is why I'm not riding right now and yes I DID riding up to the point the salt was on the road.
2015 CVO Limited

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »

Well I too can't speak for everyone,.... but this is why I'm not riding right now and yes I DID riding up to the point the salt was on the road.

Holy crap man!  Put some studded tires on that beast and git'r'done.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »

I think there may be too much snow for you to get down far enough to find the salt.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »

I think there may be too much snow for you to get down far enough to find the salt.

Trust me... there's lots of salt on the main roads. The county sure isn't afraid to use the salt in our neck of the woods
2015 CVO Limited

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 12:33:04 AM »

Trust me... there's lots of salt on the main roads. The county sure isn't afraid to use the salt in our neck of the woods

I wouldn't mind the salt so much if they'd just put some birth control substance in it to cut back on the deer population.  I know I could get slammed by the hunting population for that one...but oh well.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 07:28:19 AM »

I wouldn't mind the salt so much if they'd just put some birth control substance in it to cut back on the deer population.  I know I could get slammed by the hunting population for that one...but oh well.

Slam...lol

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• U.P. Cruising
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 10:54:39 AM »

I think the DNR already did that. (I'm sure I'll get slammed) The deer population is way, way down. We had a disappointing deer season here this year. Now when knowbody buys a license for next year, the DNR will really be hurting.
2015 CVO Limited

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »

I think the DNR already did that. (I'm sure I'll get slammed) The deer population is way, way down. We had a disappointing deer season here this year. Now when knowbody buys a license for next year, the DNR will really be hurting.
We'd sure like to send some of our deer population up to you if we could.  We're being 'over-run' with them as many other areas.   :o har.  spyder

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 10:34:20 AM »

I received this email from one of the Harley dealers who offer discounts and have ebay stores.

Harley released a statement last week that no dealership is allowed to offer discounts after March 5th. We will be closing down our ebay store then as well

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »

If that's true, we all need to get our parts purchased soon.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »

That sucks.  Squeeze that last little bit out of us MoCo.  >:( Where's Hoist?  aaaarrgh.   :-[ spyder

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »

Now i understand why this was posted........what a bunch of b.s.

Ben Breece Harley-Davidson

Discount Card Program

Notice: As of March 2010 we will no longer be able to advertise our discount card program on our website due to advertising restrictions implemented by Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Our discount card program will remain active and renewable for our participating valued customers!!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »

If this is true, I'm certain that this is my last Harley.  I'm not even going to waste the time to mention all the reasons why this is so wrong. 

Here's what I say to the MOCO... :sauer021:

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »

If this is true. It sounds like all the dealers got together at the last meeting and pressed the company to pass this down. I know some have always screemed about discounting dealers taking there money. Would this be called collusion or price fixing ?
Ask the FTC.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 11:43:25 PM »

Glad I bought all my mod-parts from Zanotti when I did, luckily the performance parts I'm planning aren't HD.  This will only enhance aftermarket company sales and ultimately diminish HD part sales.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 04:51:42 AM »

I received this email from one of the Harley dealers who offer discounts and have ebay stores.

Harley released a statement last week that no dealership is allowed to offer discounts after March 5th. We will be closing down our ebay store then as well

If this is true you'll be seeing a lot more HD's stolen & stripped for parts.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2010, 05:30:20 AM »

If this is true. It sounds like all the dealers got together at the last meeting and pressed the company to pass this down. I know some have always screemed about discounting dealers taking there money. Would this be called collusion or price fixing ?
Ask the FTC.

I would almost have a tendency to believe this explanation.  Dealers pay the MoCo a set price for parts and accessories, just like they do the bikes, what they sell them for affects the MoCo in no way shape or form, only cuts into the dealers profit based on how much they discount the parts for.  Sounds to me like it was a bunch of greedy stealers whining at the meeting stating they were losing business to the likes of Chicago HD, Zanotti's, and Tri-County who are/were all traditional 20% off dealers.  Too many stealers out there have the old mindset that everything HD should be sold at MSRP or higher.  The aftermarket industry will pick up because of this.  When the MoCo comes out with stupid statements like this, it only does more to hurt the brand than help it.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2010, 07:05:13 AM »

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't make sense that the dealer portrayed this accurately.  I would think the best way to find out would be to ask some dealers if they have any good sales coming up, rather than asking them directly about this statement, and see what the response is...or maybe ask someone like Jenni that would be losing a big volume of business from this move.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2010, 08:00:34 AM »

If this is true you'll be seeing a lot more HD's stolen & stripped for parts.

One more thing. I don't think you would see Harley issuing a statement telling the dealers that they CAN'T sell parts or BIKES at OVER msrp,  Where was Harley when the Dealers were gouging the customer asking and getting 2-3 and even 4Thousand over msrp.?

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2010, 03:03:36 PM »

I don't believe the mo-co can stop them from selling at a discount. They can stop them from advertising it. Case in point a few years ago you could buy all kinds of S&S parts at a discount on the net. S&S took them to court and made them stop advertising the discount price. If you look at S&S stuff online now you will find a little comment saying they cannot advertise price due to S&S polices. Call for a price. Now if you were not still giving a discount why wouldn't they just post the msrp? I believe its because the discount is still there just not advertised. You may also have to call and ASK for a discount. OK legal guys out there am I way off?   :nixweiss:
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »

Looking at the parts catalogue all the prices say msrp which is as far as I am concerned will mean at this point and time the MOCO can't force the dealers into selling at a set price as this price  is suggested only. Prices may vary. Just my 2cents.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2010, 04:18:38 PM »

Not that I necessarily agree with it, but the manufacturer's will also say that discounting affects the value of the "brand", so that gives them the right to include restrictions on advertised prices.  If Harley or it's most influential dealers think they can keep other's from discounting in a down market, however, I look at that as just a little more proof that MoCo management is out of touch and needs to be replaced.  This attempt at price fixing might work if there was no competition, and all the dealers were meek little followers, and all customer's were idiots, but since that scenario is not realistic, I think this is just another tempest in a teapot.  Folks were claiming the same "no discount" crap a couple years ago with respect to bike prices, and there has been widespread discounting of bikes in the past year in pretty much all parts of the country. 

I'm not a legal beagle, but if memory serves me the manufacturer's can't dictate the actual retail price.  What they can do is dictate a minimum advertised price.  That is how folks like Apple control how you never see ads for an ipod at less than full price, for instance.  If the store is willing to sell it to you at half off, it's none of the manufacturer's business as long as the store doesn't advertise it.  That's why you see so many ads nowdays that tell you to call for the actual price; that's how retailers get around the manufacturer's minimum advertised price agreements.

Maybe if they priced that stuff they buy for peanuts from China a little more realistically, it wouldn't be a big deal.  But since we all know they're screwing us royally at MSRP, what incentive is there to continue buying their stuff at full price versus often better stuff from the aftermarket at better prices?  I already spend more with the aftermarket than I do with Harley; dumb stuff like this will just ensure that the percentage that's aftermarket will get bigger.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »

That sounds more realistic that they would control the advertising of discounted pricing, but the ultimate discounts are still up to the individual dealers.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »

There's another side to this that I haven't seen mentioned yet, but it could be a biggie to a lot of dealers and their customers.  Many Harley dealers have "customer appreciation" events, where they have entertainment, demo rides, food, accessory displays and demo's, and typically 20% discounts on in-stock parts, accessories, and motor clothes.  Many also have special discount events during the month of December.  If the dealers aren't allowed to advertise the discounts, it could seriously affect their sales.  Around here the two dealers I frequent hold at least two customer appreciation events each during the riding season, and they sell tons of stuff and make tons of money during those events.  They also run month long specials during December and make tons on those as well.

I have no idea if this policy was aimed at the Chicago H-D/Surdyke type of stores, but if it was it will also severely impact most of the other dealers as well.  I would hope that the other dealers would have understood that, if in fact this is something the dealers actually requested.  Sounds more to me like this is just a MoCo management thing; one more among the many other stupid things they've done.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hogasm

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2010, 07:19:57 AM »

Jerry they will probably say in their advertising "Came in and see what deals we have for you today"

Wording in advertising is where it is at.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »

This could also increase local HOG membership if the dealership allows for a discount for it's members like some of the local dealers do here. I don't know how it will affect local dealer email discount coupons , I just got a notice from my local dealer with discount coupons.
I guess the MOCO could slow or cut off delivery of bikes or parts if a dealer doesn't conform to MOCO policies?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »

Still waiting to see the literature that HD put out that says dealers are not allowed to charge what they want.

That sounds like price fixing and that is illegal in this country, so I doubt that any dealers were ordered to not sell for what they want to.

Dealers don't have to sell us CVO models for MSRP and discount the rest of the line, they chose too. MSRP is just that and there is no law that dictates items have to be sold for MSRP. The key is the "S" - suggested.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:53:02 PM by porthole »

MV 2013

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2010, 12:17:09 AM »

I don't believe the mo-co can stop them from selling at a discount. They can stop them from advertising it. Case in point a few years ago you could buy all kinds of S&S parts at a discount on the net. S&S took them to court and made them stop advertising the discount price. If you look at S&S stuff online now you will find a little comment saying they cannot advertise price due to S&S polices. Call for a price. Now if you were not still giving a discount why wouldn't they just post the msrp? I believe its because the discount is still there just not advertised. You may also have to call and ASK for a discount. OK legal guys out there am I way off?   :nixweiss:

x2
And, I think you are right on.  :2vrolijk_21:
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2010, 03:58:19 PM »

Received this information from a dealer where I have been purchasing the parts in the last three years.

Harley-Davidson changed their advertising policy.  Harley Dealers can no longer ADVERTISE discounts.  Each individual dealership can charge whatever price they want on parts, accessories, clothes, etc.  For a company to say you have to sell an item at a specified price is illegal, and it is called price fixing.  It is up to each individual dealer to offer discounts and such inside their stores.  Harley-Davidson can only suggest a retail price.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »

Received this information from a dealer where I have been purchasing the parts in the last three years.

Harley-Davidson changed their advertising policy.  Harley Dealers can no longer ADVERTISE discounts.  Each individual dealership can charge whatever price they want on parts, accessories, clothes, etc.  For a company to say you have to sell an item at a specified price is illegal, and it is called price fixing.  It is up to each individual dealer to offer discounts and such inside their stores.  Harley-Davidson can only suggest a retail price.

That sounds like they can still discount items but just can't say/show what the discount amount will be on the front end. For those of us that deal w/the online dealers that give the 20% we still may be able to get it they just may not be able to advertise it. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ed45

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »

+1 Fire d00d

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »

I ordered my tour pak and all accessories for installing it from chicago HD yesterday. I ask about the 20% discount and was told they will ALWAYS give the discount and it is not going away! Cool because it saved me about 500 bucks! I can't wait till all my stuff gets here!
Damn Snow! If I can't ride it at least I can play with it and add some cool accessories!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »

Any one knows if Chicago dealer honor the 20% discount in motorclothes and accessories?

Thanks

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2010, 11:41:10 AM »

Any one knows if Chicago dealer honor the 20% discount in motorclothes and accessories?

Thanks
Jorge I believe so... if you have a part number go to there website and look it up if there is a discount it will show up.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »

Jorge I believe so... if you have a part number go to there website and look it up if there is a discount it will show up.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks mi amigo Gary......can you give thier website since I found several dealers and I am not sure which is.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2010, 01:43:36 PM »

Thanks mi amigo Gary......can you give thier website since I found several dealers and I am not sure which is.
Chicago Harley-Davidson

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »

Chicago Harley-Davidson

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Thanks mi amigo......I just checked and only 10% discount
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:35:04 PM by amigo Jorge »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »

Thanks mi amigo......have a good weekend!!
You too... good luck w/the order. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

charlie

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »

Stone Mountain had a biker party today and my wife got a $125. helmet for $37.50 today at there birthday bash, it is a very good helmet and it matches my bike, can't beat that. and the party was great, there was a lot of people there it was good to see every one out and about.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »

Thanks

The actual wording is "up to 20%", so some items will be 20% and some will be less.  Surdyke H-D has the same type of "up to 20%" wording, as well as Zanotti's.

One area you need to check when doing price comparisons is the shipping and handling.  Some places show a bigger discount up front, but make up for it on shipping and handling and wind up being higher in total price.

Jerry

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »

Tri-County H-D
Fairfield, OH
20% on EVERYTHING!
$10 Shipping on nearly everything!

Ask for Jenni in the Parts Department
Phone - (513) 874-4343
http://tri-countyharleydavidson.com/

Be safe. Ride often,
Charlie
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »

My local Dealership just sent me a notice about the "Discount Card" They are offering customers.  It is based on what you have spent there over the past year and bikes do not count. The discouts are bracketed. Like $1,000 will get you 10% and $2500 will get you 15%. So it looks like you have to spend around $5,000.00 to qualify for the 20% local discount. Nice idea but that is some change to fork out for a discount when I could search the net or call Jenni.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »

H'mm, you have to spend $5000 to "start" getting a 20% disocunt.

If you go with a 20% dealer from the get go you will have saved $1000 of that 1st $5000

MV 2013

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.419 seconds with 21 queries.