Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Dealership discounts  (Read 12263 times)

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
Re: Dealership discounts
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »

I think there may be too much snow for you to get down far enough to find the salt.

Trust me... there's lots of salt on the main roads. The county sure isn't afraid to use the salt in our neck of the woods
2015 CVO Limited

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 12:33:04 AM »

Trust me... there's lots of salt on the main roads. The county sure isn't afraid to use the salt in our neck of the woods

I wouldn't mind the salt so much if they'd just put some birth control substance in it to cut back on the deer population.  I know I could get slammed by the hunting population for that one...but oh well.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 07:28:19 AM »

I wouldn't mind the salt so much if they'd just put some birth control substance in it to cut back on the deer population.  I know I could get slammed by the hunting population for that one...but oh well.

Slam...lol

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 10:54:39 AM »

I think the DNR already did that. (I'm sure I'll get slammed) The deer population is way, way down. We had a disappointing deer season here this year. Now when knowbody buys a license for next year, the DNR will really be hurting.
2015 CVO Limited

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »

I think the DNR already did that. (I'm sure I'll get slammed) The deer population is way, way down. We had a disappointing deer season here this year. Now when knowbody buys a license for next year, the DNR will really be hurting.
We'd sure like to send some of our deer population up to you if we could.  We're being 'over-run' with them as many other areas.   :o har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 10:34:20 AM »

I received this email from one of the Harley dealers who offer discounts and have ebay stores.

Harley released a statement last week that no dealership is allowed to offer discounts after March 5th. We will be closing down our ebay store then as well

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »

If that's true, we all need to get our parts purchased soon.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »

That sucks.  Squeeze that last little bit out of us MoCo.  >:( Where's Hoist?  aaaarrgh.   :-[ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »

Now i understand why this was posted........what a bunch of b.s.

Ben Breece Harley-Davidson

Discount Card Program

Notice: As of March 2010 we will no longer be able to advertise our discount card program on our website due to advertising restrictions implemented by Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Our discount card program will remain active and renewable for our participating valued customers!!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »

If this is true, I'm certain that this is my last Harley.  I'm not even going to waste the time to mention all the reasons why this is so wrong. 

Here's what I say to the MOCO... :sauer021:

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »

If this is true. It sounds like all the dealers got together at the last meeting and pressed the company to pass this down. I know some have always screemed about discounting dealers taking there money. Would this be called collusion or price fixing ?
Ask the FTC.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 11:43:25 PM »

Glad I bought all my mod-parts from Zanotti when I did, luckily the performance parts I'm planning aren't HD.  This will only enhance aftermarket company sales and ultimately diminish HD part sales.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 04:51:42 AM »

I received this email from one of the Harley dealers who offer discounts and have ebay stores.

Harley released a statement last week that no dealership is allowed to offer discounts after March 5th. We will be closing down our ebay store then as well

If this is true you'll be seeing a lot more HD's stolen & stripped for parts.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2010, 05:30:20 AM »

If this is true. It sounds like all the dealers got together at the last meeting and pressed the company to pass this down. I know some have always screemed about discounting dealers taking there money. Would this be called collusion or price fixing ?
Ask the FTC.

I would almost have a tendency to believe this explanation.  Dealers pay the MoCo a set price for parts and accessories, just like they do the bikes, what they sell them for affects the MoCo in no way shape or form, only cuts into the dealers profit based on how much they discount the parts for.  Sounds to me like it was a bunch of greedy stealers whining at the meeting stating they were losing business to the likes of Chicago HD, Zanotti's, and Tri-County who are/were all traditional 20% off dealers.  Too many stealers out there have the old mindset that everything HD should be sold at MSRP or higher.  The aftermarket industry will pick up because of this.  When the MoCo comes out with stupid statements like this, it only does more to hurt the brand than help it.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2010, 07:05:13 AM »

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't make sense that the dealer portrayed this accurately.  I would think the best way to find out would be to ask some dealers if they have any good sales coming up, rather than asking them directly about this statement, and see what the response is...or maybe ask someone like Jenni that would be losing a big volume of business from this move.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.