Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: California....Arizona....rain!  (Read 1698 times)

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
Re: California....Arizona....rain!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »

It's been high winds and heavy rain here in the Bay Area the last two days. Today is supposed to be the worst of it, then more tomorrow.

My daughter is up at Lake Tahoe and tells us it is just dumping the white stuff up there!

And all of this is GOOD news!!!!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »

They're saying that it would take at least two years of 120% of average rainfall just to bring the resavoirs back up to normal.  

I'm 58 and native of Nor Cal and I've never saw the bottom of any of these lakes and resavoirs that we're seeing now.  The news helicopters fly over and show what they look like and it's pretty scarry looking.  And we send most of the water from northern Calif. down to southern Calif.  It's interesting, you fly in to any of the airports in So Cal and all the swimming pools are full and there are a lot of them down there. :nixweiss:

This is Lake Nacimiento in MidCal last week. We really need the rain and more importantly the snow pack, but not all at once.  :'(   Doc

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »

That doesn't even look like mud at the bottom, Doc.

That's what they all look like up here in Nor Cal.  at Folsom Lake the water line is 1/4 mile down from the boat ramps.

Yea, if it comes all at once, a lot of it runs off.  While that's great for the resavoirs right now......they're drained again, half way through the summer.  We need snow fall in the mountains......lots of it and we need it late in the winter.....even into the spring.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »

That doesn't even look like mud at the bottom, Doc.

That's what they all look like up here in Nor Cal.  at Folsom Lake the water line is 1/4 mile down from the boat ramps.

Yea, if it comes all at once, a lot of it runs off.  While that's great for the resavoirs right now......they're drained again, half way through the summer.  We need snow fall in the mountains......lots of it and we need it late in the winter.....even into the spring.

It might take a few years of normal rainfall to fill that up. Can't imagine the long walk up to the parking area even if there was water at the dock.  :P
Doc

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »

Or the even longer walk out to the boat. :huepfenlol2:

60 MPH winds in Sacramento right now.  We're not normally known for hurricanes. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 03:11:01 PM »

Or the even longer walk out to the boat. :huepfenlol2:

60 MPH winds in Sacramento right now.  We're not normally known for hurricanes. :nixweiss:

:divers009: again hopefully this weekend.  Doc

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »

:divers009: again hopefully this weekend.  Doc

And we have to be in Reno this weekend. Snow and when that clears, more snow. Can't even think about driving there, have to spend money I don't have and fly??

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 08:35:40 PM »

It would be interesting to see a photo of a reservoir last week and a photo of the same reservoir next week...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 02:47:15 AM »

Tornado warnings around Santa Cruz!  Niles Canyon (Hwy-84) closed for mud/rock slide, not a surprise.  Lightning, Thunder, and Wind.  I-80 near Truckee closed due to snow.

Someone told me long ago There's a calm before the storm,
I know; It's been comin' for some time.
When it's over, so they say, It'll rain a sunny day,
I know; Shinin' down like water....................John Fogerty

I like to ride on drier days but love the life the rain creates.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »

It would be interesting to see a photo of a reservoir last week and a photo of the same reservoir next week...

They just showed a pic of Folsom resavoir the week before the rain...........then another today (two weeks of rain every day!) and the resavoir hasn't changed.  They said it went from 24% full to 32%. 

Man, as much as it's been raining I would have thought it'd be at least 70%.   All the boat docks, the marina office, etc. are all still sitting on dry ground far, far, far above the water line or any ramps.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.