Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Re: Exhaust Systems/Comparisons  (Read 22061 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Exhaust Systems/Comparisons
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:57:19 PM »

Welcome James.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 04:57:38 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
Re: Pipe comparisons
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »

So welcome James. Why don't you go ahead and share some of your knowledge with as little bias as possible - if you can. I know a lot of the members are interested in technical pros and cons comparing the HD cross-over exhaust with slip-ons and true-duals - i.e. your Freedom exhausts. Convince us.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Freedom Cycle Exhaust Comparisons/Tech. Help
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 06:59:58 PM »

Bikers,

I heard of this site from you guys.  My name is James Yuill I run the online dept. at Freedom Cycle Reno.  So many of our customes come from this site that I thought we needed to get involved with this community.  So here we are ready, willing, and able to help with any questions you may have.  We are the best and we have no problem prooving it.  Let us show you.  We will check the forum regulary and will be checking e-mails a few times a day. info@freedomcyclereno.com.  Anything you may need or info you may require is now a few short key strokes away.  Thank you for letting us serve you better.                
                                                                      James Yuill
                                                                      Freedom Cycle

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: Freedom Cycle Exhaust Comparisons/Tech. Help
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 07:27:56 PM »

WELCOME to FLHRSEI.ORG !   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Can we use this thread to ask you guys questions?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Keeping all the response's in one place will be beneficial to all. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

You have a lot of fans here so be prepared............ [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »

Sir,
      Yes you may.  Any questions any tech. info., any thing anybody on this forum needs can now be found right here.  Comparisons, product info anything.  The whole Freedom cycle staff is at the readers disposal.
                                                                James Yuill
                                                                Freedom Cycle

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »

Cool.......

One question I have is can your pipes be ordered without the script on the end caps?

Also do you have maps available for use with a Race Tuner?

Thank you for your reply!

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:22:31 PM »

Fatboy,

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 01:30:44 PM »

EZRIDER4,
            I will try to give the best info possible while trying to remain bias.  It's hard when you think you are the best. (just a little joke) Right off though sir there is just too much to compare in this market to list all at once.  If you do however have a couple of specific applications you are looking into let me know and I will try to give you the best shoot out possible.  Thanks for writing us.
                                                                                             James Yuill
                                                                                             Freedom Cycle

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »

Free1, Thanks for joining our forum. Your presence will be much appreciated. I am expecting my new cuse any day now [smiley=nixweiss.gif] and I am really interested in your products. Most of my friends are running Reinharts and all of them have broken. I'm impressed with what I have read on this and other forums about your company. You will be hearing from me.
Thanks  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Hair of the Dog

_usa_eagle_

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »

Hi James....
   I am the one who ordered the Freedoms from ~YOU~  last week,, and told you about this site,,where I had heard all the good things about the Freedom system.   I am glad you found it ok,, and I am sure you will be very helpful to the guys who have questions about your exhaust,, and PC .
      Welcome ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
         _USA_     Gary
06 Ultra SE    - Crimson/Slate
05 Deluxe      - Pearl White/Black  
00 Road King  - Cobalt Blue
95 Fatboy       - Blue/Silver

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 03:13:22 PM »

Free,

I had my Freedom Pipes installed the other day and my tuner uses only HD racetuner. The bike is running great, I'm noticing a little more vibration. Something seems different. But the bike was dyno'd at 101. HP 106 TQ. The pipes sound really good. I'm very happy. Do you have any ideas about the vibration issue? Keep up the good work.

Also, I tried to turn around the end caps but the holes didnt line up, It started to strip when I tried to force it. Theres a guy on this site who drilled and threaded his and he has kindly offered to do mine.

Mike
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Hogfn

• Full CVO Member
  • FINALLY!!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 04:58:50 PM »

Hi James, I also spoke to you this past Monday the 16th and mentioned this site.  I also ordered a complete set for my '05 SEEG.  They should be arriving tomorrow!!  As I noted in another area, the local HD dealer says the existing warranty is void when I make this install and he MAY honor a warranty issue if I paid him to install everything.  I have no intention of him touching the bike beyond the normal service checks and any warranty work.  He's making me a bit nervous, is this install something I should do, or should I go to a local pro shop and have them do the work--wish you all could do it but Reno is a bit of a drive from Virginia....I'll be calling you or Brad next week when I get them installed......thanks! and welcome to the site! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2014 SE
2005 Cherry SE
SE Air Cleaner
PC III
Freedom Exhaust and Pipes

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »

CVO owner,
                Please describe the vibration a little more unless this helps you.  Please check your right side running board to see if it may be rubbing.  Enhanced motor performance could make the bike vibrate more.  If it seems like it happened when the tune was added have the tune checked over one more time.  We were seeing a pretty constant 103hp and up from our pipes on a 103' you may need to tweak the tune a little.  Let me know how it goes.  Have some good riding and enjoy the new sound.
                                                                                            James Yuill
                                                                                            Freedom Cycle

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 07:11:30 PM »

James,

Can you tell us about your new gear drive cam for the 103's.

It's been mentioned here before and the comments were with mixed reviews.........

Did it meet all your own goals and objectives?

How much does it enhance the Freedom Pipe, PC3, SE Breather kit configuration?

Thx.

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 07:45:45 PM »

Hogfn,

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.