Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Re: Exhaust Systems/Comparisons  (Read 22106 times)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Re: Freedom Cycle Exhaust Comparisons/Tech. Help
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 02:54:59 PM »

James,

I have had a set of the Freedom Cycle pipes on my bike since last May, engine was an 04 SE 103". SBC did the heads, assembled with S&S 585 Cam, rest engine stock, SERT, SE HD Six Speed.

Have been very happy with the pipes, no problems.

I am now putting in a Jims 120, heads to be reworked again by SBC, not yet decided cam. Will be putting the Freedoms on this engine.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:10:12 PM by geezerglide »

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 05:42:17 PM »

JAMES, With the cams for a 103 and the exhaust kit how much are we talking? Since Andrews makes your cams are we talking maybe a tw-37 or higher grind?What will hp and torque be with such a set-up? THANKS, MACK   mackmorrowjr@cox.net
HAMER-1

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »

Free1
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »

Fatboy & Mackmorrowjr,
                Here are some conservitive numbers that we got from our Freedom Performance Package with a gear driven cam.  Remember we tune most of our bikes for best performance and fuel economy while still remaining everyday drivable.

Baseline 103'-                         hp.84     tq.88
           After PowerPackage w/cam.      hp.103    tq. 112

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

Free1,

Maybe you could post and describe the difference better by adding the dyno sheets.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Based on shear peak number's the additional gains for adding your gear driven cams to your pipes/ SeAir Filter/PC3 package appear minimal..... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

But I'm sure the bike must have a more usable power band. (Correct???)

Thanks,
        Fatboy

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 05:35:17 PM »

Fatboy,
         You are pretty much correct.  The powerband will blow your mind.  Remember though we are making bike that are still everyday drivable.  Numbers can be changed.  Hope this helps.  
                                                                                 James Yuill
                                                                                 Freedom Cycle

_usa_eagle_

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 08:22:21 PM »

James::
    I received my pipes and antennas today in the mail....  Thanks!!
        _USA_    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Gary

06 Ultra SE    - Crimson/Slate
05 Deluxe      - Pearl White/Black  
00 Road King  - Cobalt Blue
95 Fatboy       - Blue/Silver

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 11:15:51 PM »

James::

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 12:21:24 AM »

_USA_EAGLE_,

Glad to hear you recieved your items today.  The forum readers and I, I'm sure would like to hear what you think about your new Power Package.  Keep us updated.  I know you will enjoy.

James Yuill
                                                                                                Freedom Cycle

_usa_eagle_

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 12:31:27 AM »

James:::
   I have 0 miles on my bike,,since it is at the dealer for my piant problem,,,,  but will get the miles on it down in Daytona.  I am going to put at least 500 miles on it then have it put on a Dyno down there ,,, before and after the install just to see the difference your system makes.  I have seen Jeffj's  dyno sheet,, and others on here,, so I AM Looking forward to getting the whole package put on.  I will keep you posted when all is done!!  Thanks.......... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

_USA_              <Gary>
06 Ultra SE    - Crimson/Slate
05 Deluxe      - Pearl White/Black  
00 Road King  - Cobalt Blue
95 Fatboy       - Blue/Silver

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 01:41:26 AM »

_USA_EAGLE_,

That will be awsome.  Let all of us know what your results are and what you think of the Freedom Power Package.  I hope your time in Daytona proves to make the time more than worth while now.  I know it will.

James Yuill
                                                                                                   Freedom Cycle

Free1

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2006, 01:52:52 AM »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006, 07:44:42 AM »

Hi James, welcome to the site and many thanks for your time taken here to answer questions.  One question would pertain to the sound level of the modified Rineharts. Are there any plans to produce a muffler for those of us who find the Freedom pipes to be a little too loud?  With some states cracking down on noise, and EPA regulations looming, quieter pipes are probably in our future at some point anyway.  I had Rineharts at one point and found them just too loud for my taste. I did try the "quiet baffel " and even packed it, but sound levels didn't really change that much.  Also, did I hear this right that you guys won't sell your 103 cam unless it's installed there?  Reno is a long way for some of us for a cam change.

Thanks, Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

ParrotHD

• Bikes & Buffett...Life is Good!!!
    • IL
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

Hi James,

I'm convinced that the Freedom exhaust package is the best way to go for my '04 SEEG.  I have a couple of questions before I order.  A bit of history first...I rode from Central Illinois to California in September.  Somewhere after Phoenix I developed a slight tapping noise on the right side of the engine.  I rode through CA and back home with nothing getting worse.  Once home the dealer found the cams scored, cylinders scored, heads and valves scorched and other areas of the engine generally worn-out.  The service manager attributes the problem to oil breakdown due to heat.  The bike was stone stock and dealer serviced, so no outside factors contributable.  I'm convinced that the lean fuel ratio caused the escessive heat problem.  I now have a new 103" engine with 250 break-in miles on it.

1)  Do I need to complete the break-in before installation of the exhaust  
package?

2)  Will the MAP on the PC result in a richer fuel (thus cooler running) engine?

Thanks for your help!

Dave
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »

while waiting for James to answer make sure you use a good synthetic oil like mamsoil or mobil1. sys3 wont cut it.
HAMER-1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.