Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?  (Read 11732 times)

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
Re: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »

Looks like Gamma got the best deal so far. Thanks porkypig for all your help. I will keep on looking...
Live To Win!

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »

Oooops.  Just remembered that by trading my $13,800 bike in, I saved another $1150 in sales tax.  Closing on you, Gamma............    Now that's something to consider for those that are considering trading their bike in but don't want to get burned by the man.  In Washington state, the value of your trade-in comes right off the taxable amount for sales tax @ 8.3%.   Adds up somewhere.......  Pork

goldfar

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »

MSRP paid here. They wanted more.

Stole it before Goldfar could get his hands on it.  <snicker>

Well, I was ON MY WAY to getting a great deal, then Wizard showed up, stole MY bike and more significantly, caused the dealer to think there was a major run on these bikes and with so many customers (apparently) wanting one, the discount dissapeared.

Seriously, I paid the MSRP but had a 6-month old Sporty to trade in on the promotional deal where they give you full MSRP on the Sporty trade-in the first year towards a bigger bike.  I had purchsed the Sporty for thousands less than MSRP, so I guess it became a good deal in the end.
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 02:12:01 PM »

I paid MSRP + 450.00 for a 2010 SEUC. I traded in a 2008 ultra and got what I thought was fair. Dealer selling it for $200.00 over what he gave for trade.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »

Well, a hearty welcome to Pkl.  Sounds like you did good on your purchase as well.  Doesn't sound like anybody has gotten stung, really, yet.  I was thinking, just possibly, that maybe Harley has taken "their people" aside, and told them they need to get with "our people" and get some rejuvenation into the economy.  Specifically to Harley-Davidson.  Make some real deals and get people buying, arguably, the best dang motorcycle in the world.  The Harley-Davidson motorcycle.  This Convertible seems to be a bit slow taking off, purchase wise, but believe when the weather breaks and there's some spaces on the open road, these bikes are gonna be fillin' 'em!   Keep on buyin' 'em, folks!  And tell your friends to buy 'em too.  To paraphrase the immortal words of gangster (not gangsta') Al Capone, "Buy early.....and  often!"       Ah, life is funny sometimes............   8)

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »

Wasn't sure how this topic would work out, but Kiss, you did a good job with the question.  A little honesty among friends is good for the soul.  Gives the man a little info about what we are expecting, as well.  This one is gettin' a lot of viewin' !  Good job!

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 10:25:13 PM »

I've never done well with a trade in. It seems like they always want to make money on both ends, at least that's been my experience. Some here seem to have done well with their trades. There is room for dealing on a CVO but as the weather warms up and the economy improves, we may find ourselves lucky to get one at MSRP. I'd like to trade my 06 CUSE in on that new blacked out CUSE but I don't think there will be any deals on that one. With only around 1000 produced and numbered, plus most dealers only getting one, many will be presold.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 09:27:56 AM »

I've never done well with a trade in. It seems like they always want to make money on both ends, at least that's been my experience. Some here seem to have done well with their trades. There is room for dealing on a CVO but as the weather warms up and the economy improves, we may find ourselves lucky to get one at MSRP. I'd like to trade my 06 CUSE in on that new blacked out CUSE but I don't think there will be any deals on that one. With only around 1000 produced and numbered, plus most dealers only getting one, many will be presold.

Our local dealer pre-sold their black CUSE for $45K.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 11:44:56 PM »

Had two different dealers contact me today on the orange FLSTSE. One has a new one for $28000 + $1000 in store credit. The other has less the 500 miles on it and they asked for an offer. I said $25000...lets see what they say.
Live To Win!

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »

If you get her for 25k you will be doing real well. Warmer weather is coming, lets us know how you do..
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

HermitIX

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible - Autumn Mist/Crimson Red
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 01:36:40 AM »

I purchased my new 2010 Softail Convertible from Boswell's HD in Nashville Tennesse in early December. The base price was $26,336 + $299 Doc Fee = $26,635 out-the-door. I had to pay local taxes when I got my tag in Alabama. I was very impressed with this dealership.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »

Of course everybody has to pay sales tax if you're living in a sales tax state like Washington, but if you didn't have to pay delivery charge or set up charge, you did get a steal.  good going!

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »

Hermit IX, THANK YOU! I purchased mine today at Boswell's for $26,635 just as you did. They will be delivering it to me next week. My tax and lic will be $1511. So total is $28,146. I got the orange inferno.
Live To Win!

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »

Nice!! There are some deals going on. At least during this winter..
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 05:29:09 PM »

Yes, it sounds like there are still quite a few for sale out there.  Soon as the nice weather gets here (we are getting it out here in the west) they will all sell out, I'm sure. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.