Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New HD helmet  (Read 7114 times)

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
Re: New HD helmet
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »

I have one and like it. I comes in handy when it rains. Its probably going to be warmer than some on a hot day but then again I sure haven't ever found a cool helmet.

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »

I bought one at Daytona to take with me on my route 66 trip in July. will it be suitable ?

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »

HJC Symax II is a full face with the flip down sun visor. Love it, especially when traveling west from 5PM to 9PM into the sun. I use it with my sunglasses for added shading. It does cut down on the ventilation when it's up, inside the helmet. Noticeable difference in ventilation when you pop it down.  I would get it again.

http://www.hjchelmets.com/prds_symaxii.htm
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 09:47:52 AM »

Great concept.  i wonder if they offer screens of differing tints.  Also does the screen cover your mouth or just below your nose?
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 03:25:04 PM »

http://www.motowebshop.com/en/shop/helmets/jet_helmets/caberg_breeze

I have had this for the last three years now. I would buy it again really like it. Did have to have it shipped in from overseas but worth it. IMO

Ultra2010

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »

I tried it, liked everything BUT, it left my ears somewhat "open" to the wind.  I get ear infections real easy and with the Pacific Northwest rain/sun/wind/mountain passes (in less than 50 miles you can ride from 45 degrees to 30 then up and over the pass it could be much much warmer),  if I don't have a snug fit, I keep looking.  My Nolan with the flaps on works PERFECT for ear coverage. 

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »

I tried it, liked everything BUT, it left my ears somewhat "open" to the wind.  I get ear infections real easy and with the Pacific Northwest rain/sun/wind/mountain passes (in less than 50 miles you can ride from 45 degrees to 30 then up and over the pass it could be much much warmer),  if I don't have a snug fit, I keep looking.  My Nolan with the flaps on works PERFECT for ear coverage. 
It doesn't have flaps? The picture looks like it. Destination did't have one when I was there.
TJ

Ultra2010

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »

It doesn't have flaps? The picture looks like it. Destination did't have one when I was there.

Downtown has (had) it.  They make me crazy sometimes cuz they only order like 1 at a time, and NEVER in my size, go figure.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2010, 10:00:44 AM »

Agree about the Scorpion.  Looked at one a year or so back, glad HD now has one too. Very nice to drop that shade down over my (prescription)sun glasses in the evenings. 
Perhaps the pink one would not make you look like a mellon, just a big headed bald guy.  LOL
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.