Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: stupid clutch question  (Read 8713 times)

HARLEYBILL

• Junior CVO Member
  • Vietnam Vet. 4th & 25th Infantry Divisions.
Re: stupid clutch question
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2006, 01:12:16 PM »

Reminds me of a very similar circumstance.
Because I used to turn a wrench or two I decided to pop the Derby and check the adjustment myself. Found the 11/16" nut backed off and not at repair mamual specs. Another time after having a Big Bore Kit installed the Throttle cable had about 1/2" play. When advising the dealer they reply "why didn't you bring it back?".
I work in the auto industry and the same thing happens there. Everyone is on "the clock" and the pressure is on to produce. One little interruption and momentum/memory is lost etc etc.
That's why when you find the right shop,pray that they can stay in business taking the time to do quality work. I personally will buy my "stuff" there and probably pay a little premium due to their smaller size but I want them to succeed.
2009 FLTR
H/D Tuner,V/H Monster Ovals
That's all you need brother!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2006, 01:19:12 PM »

Reminds me of a very similar circumstance.
Because I used to turn a wrench or two I decided to pop the Derby and check the adjustment myself. Found the 11/16" nut backed off and not at repair mamual specs. Another time after having a Big Bore Kit installed the Throttle cable had about 1/2" play. When advising the dealer they reply "why didn't you bring it back?".
I work in the auto industry and the same thing happens there. Everyone is on "the clock" and the pressure is on to produce. One little interruption and momentum/memory is lost etc etc.
That's why when you find the right shop,pray that they can stay in business taking the time to do quality work. I personally will buy my "stuff" there and probably pay a little premium due to their smaller size but [highlight]I want them to succeed[/highlight].

Yeah, 'er 'uh, HARLEYBILL,
  My sentiments, exactly.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 09:21:48 AM »

bike is all finished.
they put in a new clutch and hd spring n/c.
now they know not to change out to the lighter spring that comes with the easy clutch on a big bore motor.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 04:50:27 PM »

bike is all finished.
they put in a new clutch and hd spring n/c.
now they know not to change out to the lighter spring that comes with the easy clutch on a big bore motor.

You're lucky, kng103.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Now, put Her in the Wind!  Be sure and Leather up, though.  I know it's colder up there than it is here!  34 and dropping, in WV.  :'( Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.