Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: San Antonio / The Three Sisters  (Read 810 times)

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
San Antonio / The Three Sisters
« on: February 22, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »

We will be going to the Texas Hill Country / Three Sisters(335,336,337) in approx 3 wks(3/12/2010). Then staying in San Antonio on the saturday night.

* Any recomondations for lodging with walking / stumbling access to Riverwalk ?
* Good Texas Bar-B-Q in that same area ?
* Nedd-To-See attractions ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: San Antonio / The Three Sisters
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »

San Antonio is one of my favourite cities, anywhere!  We just love it there.

My best advice is even though you'll pay more, (if you like to enjoy yourselves while on holiday), do yourself a favour and stay right on the riverwalk... It is well worth the extra money to have the party right at your doorstep.

While there make sure you visit the Alamo of course, and for an super fun night visit "Howl At The Moon".  You'll have a blast in that wonderful city.

Darn, now I'm in a bad mood wishing I was going.

Have fun!  ;D
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »

Howl at the moon is a must. We stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites nice palce with breakfast and snacks at night, Plus 3 free drinks per person each night. Still have my cards don't drink , Very friendly people.  Let me know how the flowers are  as we did not ride it rained for 6 of the 7 days we were there  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »

We have stayed at a Marriott right on the riverwalk.  Right across the street from the Alamo.  If you are into old houses, there are some old houses that were built by German business people that is a nice walking tour from the downtown area.
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

steve-o

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Electric Orange & Jet Black
    • CVO2: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO3: 2012 SEUC Electric Orange & Black Diamond
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »

World Famous BBQ @Coopers BBQ in Llano TX. North of 3 sisters area but theeee best!! JMO

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

Be sure and ride the Willow City Loop in Fredericksberg. If you send the night in Fredericksberg, the Hanger Hotel is a neat place to stay.  During the daylight hours, the Alamo Cafe outside of Fredericksberg is pretty nice.  Have fun-ride safe.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »

Be sure and ride the Willow City Loop in Fredericksberg. If you send the night in Fredericksberg, the Hanger Hotel is a neat place to stay.  During the daylight hours, the Alamo Cafe outside of Fredericksberg is pretty nice.  Have fun-ride safe.

Agreed..the Hangar Hotel is awesome, the Fredericksburg brewery is a good place for a few beers!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:01:19 AM »

Appreciate the info. I might have to add a few days to trip to see everything or Gett-er-Done quickly. Burn all the daylight we have for three days.

Thanks

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »

:drink: :drink: :drink:

To all:

Riding the "twisted sisters" is a great ride.  Leaving from downtown SAT is an all day (but well worth it ride).  Plus, March is great riding, not to hot and cool. 

On another day, you should go to Willow City loop, March might be a little early for the "famous wild flowers".  After Willow City head up to Coopers for what may be the best BBQ in Texas.  The head over to 2323 fro Llano down to Fredericksburg for some old fashioned German beer etc.  Then down to Luckenbach, Sisterdale Boerne and back to SAT.  This is another full day on the bike but very worth it.

If that's out of the question, then ride up to New Braunfels for the new Coopers (yes it is owned by the same family) and yes it is just as good.

Another great ride is to head to the Kerrville area and ride the many Rivers that are flowing.  Cypress Creek, the headwaters of the Guadalupe etc.

March, April, October and November are my favorite months to ride in the area.

Enjoy.  That's my spring break week and thus I will be in Utah on the white stuff or I would offer to join you.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.