Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wild Thing Cams  (Read 3846 times)

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
Wild Thing Cams
« on: February 27, 2010, 10:27:02 PM »

Does anybody have any information or knowledge about the Kuryakin Wild Thing TW2D cams or opinions. Thanks

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Wild Thing Cams
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »

They are a good solution in some cases. What is your bike? What do you hope to gain by the cam swap, your goals?

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »

Here are the specs for the Wild Thing cams if somebody could let me know if this is a good choice
                 Lift    Lift @ TDC  Opening   Closing  Duration   Lobe center
Intake         .510     .169         18         50         248        106
Exhaust       .495     .145         48         14         242        107

Going in 07 SE Ultra
Thanks for your help

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »

I know the cam. Your ultra is a 96", 103" or 110" and in all cases without raising the compression you will be taking a torque hit under 3k rpm with that cam as a direct bolt-in. True duals and then you take hit number two. If you start from square one and optimize the compression, the head ports, and pipe you can recapture some of that torque hit and then it will walk away from the stock cammed bike after that. Just remember the 07 bike has a very tall gear ratio and we ride mostly in the 2-3k area, a torque hit there you will feel and there will be more gear shifting required to stay in the power band. May not be a lot of fun with a heavy bagger. 6th gear becomes not too useable until over 70.
Read the posts here and look at the cams they typically use.
The seat of the pants power that most want and have fun with is a rise in torque right in the heart of where they ride most. Plan for that and you won't be dissapointed.
As a side note I have a friend that lives in Orting that had that cam installed in an 08 SEUC along with Rinehart TD pipes and he made them pull it out and return the bike back to stock. Not a put down on the cam but more about misapplication or perhaps a tuning issue as well. That cam and the TC26D have their place and can make good power but the rest of the parts need to be set up properly and a very good tune or the result may give the impression of going backwards.

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »

I have a SE ultra 2007 with 110 has true duals and A/C has the wild thing cams installed and it  just dos'nt have the power that the tech said I would get . And the motor pings badly. I installed an S&S VFI tuner and had it dynoed with know great improvement.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 02:04:15 PM »

smiley,

Either you or your tech get a hold of Mike Roland at Kuraykyn, he designed their cams and is very knowledgeable. I bet your tech may have not know these Cams well at all and Mike sure is helpful.

geezerglide

aka_Matt

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 05:24:46 PM »

that cam with a 50IC should have 11:1 comp, while ur bike stock has 9.3:1, even with the 10.5 pistons it would still be soft down low... with stock compression u need a cam with around 34-36IC, and with the 10.5 pistons, around a 42-46IC
2004 XL1200C: Blue/Flames, Chrome Everything, 2-1 Rinehart, Mid-Controls, 17" Deuce Wheel, And More... For Sale

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »

:orange:    Yeah I have Wild Things Equipment on my 04 FLTSCI with Kuryakyn 95in Crusher kit, Wild Things Heads, TC26 Cam, SS Gear Drive Wild Things Throttle Body, Super Trapp dual exhaust and Fish Tail fins.   106 HP 101 TQ.  Left a few HP and TQ on the table cause of the dual exhaust.  But quite happy now with the bike, No problems and fast as it can be!  SWEEEEEET Ride Now!  I talked several times to Jerry there and also to Mike when I met him in Daytona.  I am not disappointed in the wild things.   As a matter of fact:  When we had the Wild things heads flow tested they came back with as much flow as an S&S 124 Cu In.  Quite suprising on a 95 In Crusher Kit.  Mike knows his THINGS! :orange:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 09:36:30 PM »

:orange:    Yeah I have Wild Things Equipment on my 04 FLTSCI with Kuryakyn 95in Crusher kit, Wild Things Heads, TC26 Cam, SS Gear Drive Wild Things Throttle Body, Super Trapp dual exhaust and Fish Tail fins.   106 HP 101 TQ.  Left a few HP and TQ on the table cause of the dual exhaust.  But quite happy now with the bike, No problems and fast as it can be!  SWEEEEEET Ride Now!  I talked several times to Jerry there and also to Mike when I met him in Daytona.  I am not disappointed in the wild things.   As a matter of fact:  When we had the Wild things heads flow tested they came back with as much flow as an S&S 124 Cu In.  Quite suprising on a 95 In Crusher Kit.  Mike knows his THINGS! :orange:

Besides, that's a good looking scooter!!!
 :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »

Thanks: this is the one we keep at our lake house in Washington state.  I know it ain't a CVO but it is where i first started before now!  Have a 2009 SERG O/B.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.