Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hamilton Ontario Woman hit by mini-van  (Read 1281 times)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
Hamilton Ontario Woman hit by mini-van
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »

(Mar 10, 2010) A 31-year-old Hamilton woman is fighting for her life after her motorcycle was crushed from behind on Hwy 6 yesterday as her father rode just ahead of her. The minivan hit her motorcycle with such impact the bike was embedded in the van's front end. Rubber skid marks along the road marked the more than .....50 metres (150 ft ) it took for the vehicles to come to a stop, Lets say a prayer for this person,  She is in critical condition in hospital today after some emergency surgery.
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Hamilton Ontario Woman hit by mini-van
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »

Hi Martys,

This young women and her family is in Sue's and my thoughts and praryers. Life alone can come at you fast, so fast we most often haven't a clue at all what's around the next bend in the road. Let alone what's going to crash into our behind parts of our day. I guess that's one of the risks we all take while out on a bike in todays traffic. I think also thhat's one of the things that make riding a motorcycle such a thrill and raises our level of excitement, since we all know we don't have eyes in the back of our heads. Even with a couple of mirrors we still have to be very deliberate to look back often or maybe often enough to see what's happening back there. Truth is, for me anyway, I look about a total 220 degrees while riding and only peak in the mirrors or twist a look back very seldom. And still, as I was sitting a traffic light in Daytona Beach South shores in Feb of 2006, I was hit from behind by another bike that wasn't even paying attention to his own forward motion. My wife was picked up by the meatwagon and brought to a Hospital that I hadn't even heard of before let alone how to get there.

But, with all that said, this is all in part at least why I (we) love riding "The Unknown of Motorcycling", is an emotion that is fed by risk. What's so sad is that for so many people the roadway is just a means to an end, for us it's more of the end to the means. Ride with your eyes open friends, ride as noone will do it for you. Because, I think, on a bike is one of those times when we are alone even when we are with a croud.

May the Lord bless her body to respond quickly to what the Doc's are doing for her, may she have a speedy recovery and bring her family to a brand new level of hope in He that is Hope, together and apart.

best wishes
sincerely
chappy  &  Sue 
Ps 118:8

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
Re: Hamilton Ontario Woman hit by mini-van
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 03:20:25 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with her.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.