Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leather Guage Visor Seam Splitting?  (Read 1098 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Leather Guage Visor Seam Splitting?
« on: January 27, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »

Looks like the seam on my leather instrument visor is splitting. If I look at it from the front of the bike I can see about 5 inches of white foam where it should be stitched together (about 2 1/2 inches of foam on either side of the clip in the middle. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm going to pull the windshield off tonight to look at it further. I never noticed it before. This is on a 2006 Ultra SE (Black Candy Crimson / Slate with 1400 miles on it) I'll post what I come up with.
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Hazer_52

Re: Leather Guage Visor Seam Splitting?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 05:04:27 PM »

Just looked at my bike,

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 07:38:24 PM »

OK.... I pulled the windshield and got a close look. Looks like there is a lip on the visor and it sits on a thin white/off white strip of material that is attached to the inner fairing. NO SEPARATION of the leather visor. It just doesn't sit down tight to the strip of material that is on top of the inner fairing. Doesn't look like there's anything that can be done about it. You probably wouldn't even see it if you weren't looking close. That's what I get for having terminal OCD..... well at least I have company in that department. Sorry for the false alarm..... ::)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »

OK.... I pulled the windshield and got a close look. Looks like there is a lip on the visor and it sits on a thin white/off white strip of material that is attached to the inner fairing. [highlight]NO SEPARATION of the leather visor. It just doesn't sit down tight to the strip of material that is on top of the inner fairing.[/highlight] Doesn't look like there's anything that can be done about it. You probably wouldn't even see it if you weren't looking close. That's what I get for having terminal OCD..... well at least I have company in that department. Sorry for the false alarm..... ::)

Take a look at other FLHTCUSE's do they have the same look/separation? If not then yours should be replaced. JMHO.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 09:32:24 PM »

Good idea Fired00d. Maybe I can check out Bretts new Haze (if he'll allow me to look at it!)  ;)

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.