Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR-CVO Forward Controls  (Read 6626 times)

richfxr2

• Let's ride
FXR-CVO Forward Controls
« on: April 12, 2004, 10:37:23 AM »

I have a FXR2 and would like to install forward controls.  The Harley Dyna/FXR part will not fit.  Could anyone advise a product, and what modifications, if any, need to be done?  Thanks.  
Attached a pic of my bike in the garage.  Floor is peel and stick tile, looks nice and was priced right.  
Rich

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
I've got Drag Specialties
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 11:58:43 AM »

On my FXR4.  No mods required.

richfxr2

• Let's ride
Re: FXR-CVO Forward Controls
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 12:33:08 PM »

Thanks Minglewood....a few questions:
1. Did you have to take the pipes off?
2. On the shifter side did you put a chrome, cover over the shifter spline, or remove the spline shaft through the inner primary cover? If yes, on removing the shaft, what kind of plug do you install on the inner primary cover?  
Rich

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 05:50:44 PM »

There is an online site that displays H-D schematics for their bikes.  It's BikeBandit at:

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/OEM.asp

They use their own part numbers but from what I can tell by trading e-mails with them, they charge exactly what H-D does for factory parts, and the schematics may help you in your particular questions.  At the very least, they'll tell you if Harley made a particular setup for your bike.  Try looking at the schematics for FXR3's and 4's to see if the forward controls are displayed--I bet they are.

Hope this helps.

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 08:58:26 PM »

I bought Kuryakyn controls for my fxr4. Just order them for an 82 through 94 fxr and you'll be fine.  They supply a chrome cover for the splined shaft the stock shifter was attached to. I removed the exhaust on mine....went pretty easy. The controls are well made and work great. I paid 299 plus shipping

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 01:27:59 AM »

The Drag Specialties also came with a chrome cover over the shifter spline.  I recently replaced the gasket inside the primary due to a bit of seep.

The dealer did the install.   I'm pretty sure he took the pipes off.

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 06:17:20 PM »

i have kuryakyn part number 9068 forward control kit on my fxr3 [smiley=bigok.gif]
fxr3

richfxr2

• Let's ride
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 08:30:24 PM »

Thanks guys...it is refreshing to share information on these bikes that seems harder and harder to get aftermarket parts on.  Will investigate all of your suggestions.  Keep the shiny side up!  Goin to be a great weekend (weather) on the right coast, will be riding all weekend.  Have a Harley Open house on Saturday and a Blessing of the Bikes on Sunday.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Rich

SPAAZ1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 05:40:06 PM »

I HAVE A FXR2 AND PUT DRAG SPEALITYS ON MINE THEY ARE BILLET ALINUM AND LOOK GREAT AND MATCH ALL THE OTHER BILLET PARTS [ THEY ARE PRICY BUT WORTH IT ]  PS THE DEALOR INSTALLED MINE AND SAID THE ONLY TROUBLE THEY HAD WAS GETTING THE RIGHT LENGTH BRAKE ROD  [SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING]  GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY THAT BIKE   [smiley=beerchug.gif]
SPAAZ1999

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.