Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Could you vote for a little boy's car that has cancer??? It's free and easy  (Read 7324 times)

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom

You are family here and I pray for a speedy recovery and that he is the chosen one  :2vrolijk_21:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark

I'm sure that he and his family and myself included, all appreciate all the help everyone on this site has given.  The response to this was much more than I had anticipated and it's sure nice to have been able to help a little with it.  Just makes me sick to hear about these little kids with major problems like this-just makes me wonder why it can't be someone like me that has lived most of their lives instead of someone so young.  Thanks to everyone on this site that helped with it.
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

You are family here and I pray for a speedy recovery and that he is the chosen one  :2vrolijk_21:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4

Here's an update on Shayden's car posted on the Ag site by his Grandfather (I think):

I can give you an update the way we understand it. From April 25th to the 29th the winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. The winner must be able to attend the race and if the first winner can not it goes to the second then the third. This is where it ends. If no one can attend the whole thing is called off. I don't see this happening because if Shayden wins we will make sure he gets there. Our family wants to thank everyone here at ag talk for all their help in getting Shayden to the top ten. We had no idea that this could have ever happened. We thought it was just a neat thing to design a car for Shayden and to put his picture on the roof so he could look at it. When we find out the results we will every one here know. Again thanks for all the help, it has been a fun trip. Shayden had his chemo today so that makes it two weeks in a a row that his numbers have been high enough to get his treatment. It takes a day or two before he feels his strenght come back, but that is normal. The car race is over but his fight continues so keep him in your prayers.

Hopefully we'll get some good news about it soon.

Any word on how the contest ended up?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4

"Who loves love?.....Sponsafy Your Ride Contest named; Waltrip to run the colors: Toyota Racing announced the grand prize winner in the "Sponsafy Your Ride Contest," the quest to take one fan's NASCAR Cup car masterpiece from online design to real sheet metal. "Praying for Karson," created by Fay Knape of Danbury, Texas, beat out more than 77,500 submissions. A Toyota Camry wrapped in the "Praying for Karson" artwork was featured in the parade lap before the green flag drops at the NASCAR Sprint All- Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Knape's design "Praying for Karson" honors her one-year-old grandson, Karson, who suffers from a rare interstitial lung disease known as Neuroendocrine Cell Hyperplasia in Infancy (NEHI). Knape saw the contest as the perfect opportunity to raise NEHI awareness and potentially fund research. Knape's car design illustrates her vision for Karson's future. She hopes to see him playing outdoors and enjoying the beauty of nature, without being restricted by the oxygen tank he wears 90% of the time. In addition to the grand prize package, Toyota has donated $5,000 to Karson's family to help offset the cost of his medical expenses. Knape received a prize package for the weekend's race festivities in Charlotte, including airfare, hotel accommodations, tickets to the official 2010 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Week events, hospitality suite access, a driver meet and greet with #11-Denny Hamlin, exclusive Toyota racing apparel and spending cash. Knape is accompanied to the race by her husband, James; son, Patrick; daughter, Breah; and grandson and inspiration, Karson.
On June 20, two-time Daytona 500 winner, Michael Waltrip will attempt to qualify the #55 "Praying for Karson" Toyota Camry for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Infineon Raceway.
More than one million votes were cast in the contest. Nine of 10 crowd favorites chosen by popular vote qualified to compete for the grand prize. A panel of judges comprised of Toyota executives and NASCAR personalities Darrell Waltrip, Michael Waltrip and Joe Gibbs then narrowed the field of nine finalists down to five. Along with "Praying for Karson," the panel selected four runners-up, including: First Runner-up: "Purple Heart" Second Runner-up: "Kaitlin's Wish Black" Third Runner-up: "Shayden's Race Car" Fourth Runner-up: "All-Star"."
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty

Cool! We done good. Nice story on the winner as well.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black

I just read this right after I posted the update---guess I was just a little late ;)
Steve

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE

Too bad Shayden's Race Car did not win but hey Third Runner-up isn't bad for the 77,500 submissions. I am proud to have helped out and push his car up to the third runner-up position.  I think he will win a helmet or something, right?

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.