Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 3 Dead in Phoenix Motorcycle Crash :-(  (Read 12656 times)

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
Re: Motorcycle Crash in Phoenix Area Leaves three dead
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 07:53:07 PM »

WOW, that just sucks,  You never know when your time is up,  my prayers for the family, I hope for the driver's sake it is some kind of freak accident , otherwise how could live with that guilt :(
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Ultra2010

Re: 3 Dead in Phoenix Motorcycle Crash :-(
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »

It's a tragedy.  But it's also a lesson.  As stated above, never sit and BS with your fellow riders at a light.  Malinda and I angle left and right and leave 'em in gear, ready to zip out if the vehicle behind is not paying attention.   Of course with a group of 8 bikes the escape room would've run out real quick.  Another reason we almost never do large group riding anymore.

Hope all who were hurt heal fast.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I agree with you but we'll never know just how all this went down........... God Bless them all and their families.   Sometimes, no matter what we do, it's not enough ~ I so strongly recommend the Bright Ass Lights ( brightasslights.com) for ANY extra "Hey here we are" effect.  Just look at how many have gone down in the past month, all at stop lights.......... And the diver of the truck allegedly stated he was "shuffling his paperwork and not paying attention".  For that all these people are gone and so many hurt and so very many effected.   

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »

It is so sad to read something like this my thoughts and prayers to all except the driver sorry.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

Keeping the bike in gear watching behind as well as in front and in a position to maneuver is the key. Sound familar, for those attending a MSF training course, think back and this is what we were all instructed to do while stopped in traffic.  Big wake up call for me.  There are NO short cuts or time outs when it comes to safety.  These are reasonable compromises to do when engaged in our passion.

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »

This story hits very hard as I got hit from behind some 25 years ago.

I agree with you Ultra2010 as we really cant come to a conclusion of how this went down from what was published.

I remember vividly in slow motion how my accident went down and yet I still don't understand how I didn't get hit by a car: the light had just turned red and I just stopped in the left lane of the intersection with no one to my right. I saw the cars in the intersection just starting to go Through seeing a white car comming up from behind me hearing the brakes squealing. I saw no option other than hold on and pray. I was riding a BMW k series bike I just bought two weeks ago, and i was wearing a helmet, ironically I was on my way to look at a new helmet. I got catapulted into the air went to the left the bike went to the right with both of us landing almost in the center of the intersection. Everyone got out of their cars to help and couldn't believe what had just happened as they saw me in the air. My bike with 4k of damage as it landed flat on its side when it came down, I landed about 10 feet to the left with only a knee injury. I looked at the car (a small Toyota) and it had a skid mark almost in the center of the hood on top. The car had kind of an extended bumper and apparently when the driver came up from behind me with the brakes locked it cause the car to squat in the front getting under my back tire lifting the bike up on to of the hood before launching me and the bike. The driver had just got his license and said he didn't see me. I still think about that day sometimes when comming to a red light especially these days with people on their phone and with people going through red lights. My situation left me absolutely no option, but I truly believe my higher power had things under control that day  as I was litterally along for the ride.....

Roy

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »

Very sad to hear about this horrific wreck. Can only hope the hurt come thru alright. I have been riding for over 46 years. Two times in that time period, I have been hit from behind at a stop light. Once by a 16 year old driver that had already caused a fatality one month before hitting me. He totaled out a bike that I had just left the dealership with (12 miles on speedo). The other was an in-attentive semi truck driver, much like the scenario in Phoinex, except there were only three of us, and all of us survived with fairly minor injuries (I WAS MUCH YOUNGER AND A LOT MORE LIMBER BACK THEN). It still cares the crap out of me any time I hear tires squealing when on my bike! Both of those accidents happened in the blink of an eye, and would not have mattered if my bike had been in neutral or in gear, although I ALWAYS leave my bike in gear at a stop!!

Ultra2010

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 06:50:12 PM »

I know a I'm posting too much in this thread, but these types of accidents are ONE of my BIGGEST fears.  Today in Tacoma Wa, (Rustin Way area) a car came around the corner spinning his tires, scared me to death, and I was not even close to him, just took me a second to see who, where, what...  I too always keep back from the vehicle in from of me, in gear, facing slightly to the left or right depending on the situation.  I stopped riding with a guy who I really like hanging with for 2 very specific reasons:  Always wanted to push it on trips and ride at night (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming) and I'm just not up to that.  And at EVERY stop light he was close to the vehicle in front of him and would pull that Fing blackberry out and check his email.... NOT FOR ME!!  Maybe nothing bad will ever happen to him and I hope not, but I was always so uneasy, I just stopped riding with him, which ended up costing me our friendship.  But for me, ALL that matters is I GET HOME TO MY FAMILY 

ragtop13

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Amber/Citrus
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 07:33:41 PM »

My fear....getting creamed from behind while stopped or getting creamed by an idiot from a side street. Our HOG group lost a member last year while on a group ride and a woman came out of a side street without even slowing down and broadsided a couple riders,,, one, a mom and wife was killed.

My prayers go out to their families and surviving riders....

As Sgt. Phil Esterhaus on Hill Street Blues use to say..."Let's be careful out there"
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering "What the hell happened!?!?"

hooligan

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 09 XB12X Buell Ulysses
    • CVO3: 05 XL883C
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 11:50:18 PM »

This is  a  terrible tragedy. I hate sitting @ intersections. My cousin and her husband were rear ended at a stop sign by a pickup truck two years ago, Broke her back,This really woke me up.. I'm happy to say she is finally out of her wheelchair and has most of her mobility back.I still can't believe how many accidents happen at stop signs and red lights " I didn't see you" obviously didn't see the stop light or sign either.
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Razor Red
SE Heavy Breather
V & H Slip ons
Power Commander 3 usb
Diamond cut Cylinders and Heads
True Track
Chrome Inner Primary & Tons of Chrome

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 12:06:30 AM »

There are now four lives lost.  They removed one young lady from life-support, late yesterday.  She passed away soon thereafter.

Four others continue to receive treatment in intensive-care.  Their medical status remains, "Critical."

Please continue to keep all of the riders and their families in your prayers.

Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »

It was a horrible deal and the bad part was the driver has a really bad driving record he ran over a freind of mines girlfreind months ago and shes still messed up go figure you think with these economic times companys would trim the bad fat plenty of good people out there looking for jobs! Lots of prayers for the families and Fri one more person died bringing the count to 4. Chris
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »

The fire captain has been upgraded to serious
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

CBW

• 1K CVO Member
  • HOG,AMA,ABATE
    • PA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDFSE
    • CVO3: 1984 FXE,1964 FLH
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »

Thats really messed up
RIDE SAFE and Never RIDE faster than your guardian angel can fly.

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »

The driver of the sanitation truck has been arrested for being under the influence of meth...

http://motorcycling.speedtv.com/article/ama-sanitation-truck-driver-charged/

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.