Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Terminal Velocity  (Read 747 times)

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Terminal Velocity
« on: January 31, 2006, 04:57:48 PM »

Has anyone seen this new item to be used on our EFI bikes. This system works similar to a DFO and in some cases can replace a PC or a SERT. What it does is optimize fuel and air mixtures through an O2 sensor constantly diagnosing exhaust gasses. Once installed they say take your bike out for a 50 mile ride and thats it, you can feel the difference as your riding. I think it's about $525 and I read an article in American Iron and a tuner was talking it up big time.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Terminal Velocity
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:45:10 PM »

Has anyone seen this new item to be used on our EFI bikes. This system works similar to a DFO and in some cases can replace a PC or a SERT. What it does is optimize fuel and air mixtures through an O2 sensor constantly diagnosing exhaust gasses. Once installed they say take your bike out for a 50 mile ride and thats it, you can feel the difference as your riding. I think it's about $525 and I read an article in American Iron and a tuner was talking it up big time.
Rakeman,

Try this thread in the Twin Cam section
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 10:54:21 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Terminal Velocity
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:10:43 PM »

The Daytona Twin Tec and other replacement EFI modules bother me a bit.  True, they all manage the fuel delivery, and some better than the HD unit by using Alpha-N.  But I think you lose some other valuable features.  Trouble codes for one, Overheating Management, Spark knock detection.  What would happen if you have a problem and the dealer wants to look for trouble codes?  No one is going to touch your bike.
RevTech or DFO are ok, but only add fuel.  From what I can tell Terminal Velocity adjusts either way. And I read once that the TwinTech plus a WegoII will log your riding, provide a chart of areas (cells) that need adjusting and then the user manually changes those cells with a SERT.  That whole thing is pretty involved and pricey.
Seems to me that it still comes down to the 2 old 'standbys'.......Plain ol' SERT or a PC and then let the Dyno man use his O2 sniffer.  We are still not there yet with closed-loop for the masses.
Maybe HD will provide an upgrade someday for all of us pre-'06 SERT's.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.