Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: dyno jet kit  (Read 3945 times)

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: dyno jet kit
« on: April 12, 2004, 09:19:14 PM »

I believe the only difference in the two is the slide, and maybe the spring. The dynojet is just a rejetting kit. The Thunderslide is a jet kit with a special lightweight slide and replacement diaphragm and spring for better throttle responce. Both kits will have a drill bit to remove the plug covering the idle mixture screw, so it can be readjusted. I don't believe either kit includes a slow jet though....and you will probably need a #45, if you have a free flow air filter and exhaust.

Miguel

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 10:35:17 PM »

Hey Ksims1868
Are those Invader rims on your scoot? where did you get them??I've been trying to get some from an outfit in Cal. been getting the runaround since Feb.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the
   crotch of the person who screws up your day
  and may their arms be too short to scratch!

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 09:01:58 PM »

chino the rims are harley Thunderstars. They're what come on the FXR2. Just my .02

richfxr2

• Let's ride
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 08:16:28 PM »

Last week I opted to change the carb out to a Mikuni 42mm.  What a difference!  I thought that the Thunderslide was a good investment.  I cannot understand why Harley doesn't suck it up and either partner with Mikuni or invest in something better.  My advice now would be to save your money and buy an entire new carb, recommend Mikuni.
Rich

sailordb

• Ride hard-live free
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 08:01:20 PM »

Hello, I am newbie here, but if I might, I'd share my experience with carbs on my Evo. Ev-27 cam, points, '84 FXWG headers and SE slash cuts. I put a 42mm RevTech Accelator I on it, replacing the stock 38mm Kien butterfly. Holy poo-poo! That thing must have dropped a 1/2 gallon of gas down the holes every timeI got on it.  At low RPM it would stagger the engine, and then knock you off the seat when it lite up. However, at road speed RPM it would launch like a fighter plane.

I put a 38mm shorty E on and everything works at all speeds as it should. ZOOOOOOM!

I think that more important that what carb, what size or who made it, the key is what is working with it.
If you ain't having fun you're in the wrong place.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.