Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: couple questions about cvo fatbob... update brake vibration/pulsing  (Read 2076 times)

supra6909

i bought this bike yesterday with 1400 miles on it.  I got a pretty good deal i believe, and really don't have to spend much more in mods since its already got the big radius. it was a trade-in at a chevy store, the previous owner told me it has SERT installed.  The keys for the bike has a flash drive attached to it that says technoresearch.com on it.  is this the download that is currently running on the bike? i've had several hd's but i've alway installed a pc111  or v&h programmer. i've never owned a bike with SERT.  Also, when applying the rear brake i feel a pulsing on the pedal, kind of feels like my street glide that had abs, but i know this bike doesn't have abs. is this something i should get checked out?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:24:07 AM by supra6909 »

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: couple questions about cvo fatbob
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »

Did you get the dongle with the bike (black box about half the size of a pack of cigarettes with a connector on each end)?  They interface between the software and bike and are specific to the SERT that was installed.  Without it you can't make any changes to the map.  Hopefully you can track down the original owner if you don't have it.  Don't know about the flash drive; maybe he has a copy of whatever map he used on it?
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

supra6909

Re: couple questions about cvo fatbob
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »

just an update on the brake vibration/pulsing if anyone else is having the problem.  after 5 days in the shop, rebalancing the tires, checking the rotors... they found a bulletin on a bolt that attaches thru the frame to the jiffy stand. somehow the bolt was touching the engine when braking and transferring the vibration thru the frame and brake lever?? 30 min fix anyway and all is good now.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.