Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going to California next week...  (Read 774 times)

Wanna ride

Going to California next week...
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »

I'm headed out to Monterey next week for work. When I travel (which is often, I have the t-shirt collection to prove it!) I try to find a decent area HD shop for a shirt. Anyone have suggestions? I know there's a lot of Californians on here...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Going to California next week...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:30:25 PM »

From Monterey the closet dealerships will be north however, not close.  San Jose, Faultline HD in Fremont, Livermore, San Francisco, Penninsula HD, etc.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wanna ride

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »

Thanks for the head's up. About how far is that from Laguna Seca?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »

I forgot the closest one to Monterey (and Laguna Seca) is in Salinas, Ca,  Monterey County HD and they have a pretty nice logo on their shirts.  Friendly bunch over there......the huge dog is too. :2vrolijk_21:

There's also House of Thunder up in Morgan Hill......it's a bigger, newer dealership.

How far?  On motorcycle from Monterey to Salinas......half hour or so.  Up to Morgan Hill.....maybe 45 minutes from Monterey, give or take.

How long are you going to be in the area?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wanna ride

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »

Unfortunately, I won't have access to a bike. Sucks, because it's a gorgeous part of the country.

I fly in on Monday afternoon, and back out late Wednesday night. I use the HD dealer locator on every trip, but I've found that sometimes you just need the locals opinion on which dealer is the best to visit. I'm sure others will agree... it's always cool to collect the different t-shirts, but sucks later when you find out the dealership you went to is, well... not so friendly to the locals, if you know what I mean.

I try to support dealers who support their community. ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 12:48:31 PM »

Yea, I've got t-shirts from all over the country.  Gotta rotate them. :huepfenlol2:

I know what you mean about the dealerships attitude, too.  Salinas (Monterey County HD) is very friendly and they have a very nice logo. 

I just clicked on their web site.... http://www.montereycountyhd.com/   .... and saw that they have a store (probably a t-shirt shop) in Monterey Bay, Monterey Bay Harley Davidson, 700 Cannery Row.

West Coast GTG   

Wanna ride

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »

Thanks for info!

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »

You're in luck, the Cannery row  shop is a satellite shop and only sells clothes!

Wanna ride

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:02:29 PM »

Just got home from this trip and thanks for the info everyone. I ended up going by the dealer in Salinas. Bought some shirts for my buds and picked up a nice HD wallet. I've been looking for one that suits my tastes for a while.

I was going to pick up a couple dipdots, but they were... $4 each. WTF?!

They had a cool looking vet tribute bike for sale in there. I took a pic of it with my phone, just gotta figure out how to transfer it to photobucket to load it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:07:07 PM by Wanna Ride »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »

I know you enjoyed Monterey! :2vrolijk_21:

I hope that you found the shirt that you were looking for, too.

West Coast GTG   

Wanna ride

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »

I couldn't remember the name of the dealership last night when I posted... it was Monterey County HD. And the big dog was in there sleeping too. I found a couple of cool shirts, and brought back some for friends I ride with. It rained for most of the time I was there, but we had a good time anyways. Here's a pic of the tribute bike I was talking about earlier.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.