Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How Does This Dyno Sheet Look?  (Read 1851 times)

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
How Does This Dyno Sheet Look?
« on: April 16, 2010, 05:14:34 PM »

Was at the dealer today talking to the Service Manager just kinda BSn around and asked him about the heat on the 2010s and the lean conditions. He said that they have never put a completely stock bike on the Dyno but his Techs are telling him the are not running as lean as they originally thought.

I told him that my 2010 FLSTSE was stock except for the 49 State Legal SE slip ons (without Cats). He said well....were are slow today lets do a pull and see what we got.

Anyway this is the Dyno sheet and his suggestion was that to leave it as is, would be happy to sell me a tuner but unless I wanted more power (which I don't care about) that he would just ride it and see how the heat was this summer.

So....I have no idea what this is telling me any info would be great.

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
Re: How Does This Dyno Sheet Look?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:57:01 AM »

I would leave it alone if power is not an issue,it is better than i would have thought

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »

Was at the dealer today talking to the Service Manager just kinda BSn around and asked him about the heat on the 2010s and the lean conditions. He said that they have never put a completely stock bike on the Dyno but his Techs are telling him the are not running as lean as they originally thought.

I told him that my 2010 FLSTSE was stock except for the 49 State Legal SE slip ons (without Cats). He said well....were are slow today lets do a pull and see what we got.

Anyway this is the Dyno sheet and his suggestion was that to leave it as is, would be happy to sell me a tuner but unless I wanted more power (which I don't care about) that he would just ride it and see how the heat was this summer.

So....I have no idea what this is telling me any info would be great.

It looks pretty good to me.  I used to race Corvettes and we Dynoed quite a bit.  It looks like you have tons of torque and your maximum horsepower occurs around 4750 - 5000 RPM.  You AFR is not too bad.  From what I see, it looks like it's a little lean on the low end.  I'm assuming the dash line is ideal and your blue line is slightly above that.  It looks like it's around 16 below 2500 which is too lean. Then it looks like it's around 13.5 above 3500 rpm. I would think it would run hot when sitting in traffic.  I'm going to put an Auto Tune on mine with the SE slip ons.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »

RC;

They told me it was 14.6/14.7 below 2500 RPM, I increased the size of the pdf and it looks like that is accurate. I think that is still a little lean, I think I will wait and see if I have heat problems when it warms up, I will most likely go with the TTS at that point and have Wiz and MikeV help me with a map.

How are you liking the SE slip ons?? I have about 1500 miles on mine and they are sounding even better now, if they are like the SEs I had on my Road King they get even deeper around 2500 miles.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.