Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: ThunderMax Update  (Read 6952 times)

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
ThunderMax Update
« on: February 06, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »

JK,
New to this board. I had tracked you down here somehow from HTT. Anyhow, I read on one of your other posts that Zippers plan to have some updated maps available on their site. How soon? I Purchased a ThunderMax back in September 05 and the map I got was #HFAAAAAB15070605 (95" Sampson Slip On). Although the bike does run MUCH better than with the OEM ECM w/ stage II download, would a closer match to my actual build available by now? If so can it be emailed to me? My actual build is an 05 FLHRSI, 95", 203 Cams, stock heads, flat top pistons Krome Werks 100+ Slip-ons.

Thanks,
Gene
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:36:42 PM by GeneP »

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
ThunderMax & Air Kit
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 05:05:09 PM »

I would like for you to give me the upside and any downsides to upgrading to your ThunderMax and your air kit on my 06 SE. All I've done so far is put V&H ovals on the stock header pipes. I can see the benfits to the air kit, but I'm still on the fence over the ThunderMax opposed to the RT. [smiley=confused5.gif]

I also need part numbers for these items.

Thanks,

Tank
TANK

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: ThunderMax Update
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »

John,

I've read all the literature on your web site concerning the ThunderMax, and I have one question.  Does the T-Max support On-Board Diagnostics and does it set DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes)?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 10:42:11 AM »

And one more question about the Thundermax when John finally has the opportunity to see this.  Have read various reports with occasional contradictions; so how does the Thundermax alter engine management or reporting for heat?

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 11:25:17 AM »

I would imagine John's been pretty busy with the show in Timonium this weekend & probably shoveling snow today.

Gene

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 03:52:11 PM »

I have been trying to order for two days now. Just how busy are they when they don't return emails?

Is there a number to contact them or do people just wait?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:53:43 PM by TANK »
TANK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 04:01:22 PM »

I have been trying to order for two days now. Just how busy are they when they don't return emails?

Is there a number to contact them or do people just wait?

Doing a Yahoo search for "Zippers" the very first listing that comes up is: http://www.zippersperformance.com

whodathunkit?  contact information and everything right there on a web site

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 04:07:08 PM »

Sorry, I thought that was what this area was for..

Thanks for your help, sometimes I just can't see the trees..
TANK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 04:18:05 PM »

Sorry, I thought that was what this area was for..

Thanks for your help, sometimes I just can't see the trees..

Tank, this area is a place to communicate with the company's representative.  But it's not their order site.  Just a place to get technical information.  I actually did speak with them earlier in the week so they're not all out at pre-spring shows or anything.  You shouldn't have any trouble catching someone.

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 04:29:49 PM »

You're were right, I dug the number out of their website and talked to Pat. I tried to oder over two days ago and the're website won't let you order witout talking to them. Seems like they don't have my map at present, but probably will after Daytona.

Thanks again for the help.
TANK

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 08:42:58 AM »

Another question I have about the Thundermax is will it effect ANY of my electronics? I do mean the way my stock ECM controls the bike now as alarm system, cooling, and any effects on the gages? In other words, am I losing any fuctionality?

Thanks.
TANK

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »

Another question I have about the Thundermax is will it effect ANY of my electronics? I do mean the way my stock ECM controls the bike now as alarm system, cooling, and any effects on the gages? In other words, am I losing any fuctionality?

Thanks.

I have an oem alarm w/ siren on my road king custom & it works fine.

Gene

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 01:42:10 PM »

Thanks, I'm trying hard not to have any surprises if I purchase this item.

I wish JK would chime in with all the facts.
TANK

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 07:24:27 PM »

Tank I know they are busy and maybe taking a day off. I can tell you the Thunder Max does not affect any of your electronics. I have had one for almost a year now and like I told you before I LOVE IT!!!!!! With the 30 day guarantee you can't go wrong. Try it if you don't like it return it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »

Tank I know they are busy and maybe taking a day off. I can tell you the Thunder Max does not affect any of your electronics. I have had one for almost a year now and like I told you before I LOVE IT!!!!!! With the 30 day guarantee you can't go wrong. Try it if you don't like it return it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

jdk's last post was Feb. 13th.  Maybe that is a direct result of technical questions directed to him, are being reponded to by our own in-house "experts."  He probably feels his input here, is a waste of time.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »

Nah, Hubbard, nothing like that.  Been busier than all get-out, with trade and consumer shows, now preparing for Daytona.  We'll be working out of a different vehicle (a tractor-trailer rig, with 3-4 other companies), so getting new displays together, new tool cart, etc.  We'll be at both Daytonas, both Myrtle Beaches, Laughlin and Sturgis with the big rig.  Other closer events we'll work from our usual trailer.  I'll chime in if the facts get too skewed.....

Regarding the ThunderMax, there should be no effect on your security system, as it is controlled by the TSSM, which is a separate unit that has authority over the ECM.  All factory gauges should also not be affected, but we have seen some issues with Harley's accessory speedo/tach unit.  As far as heat control, yes there are safeguards built it in regards to timing and fuel vs. temperature, but as with the factory unit, these will only slow the heat building process some; the ThunderMax will signal the engine light when the cylinder head temperature reaches 325 degrees, the start of a real danger zone.  At this point, you (the rider) should take action that will allow the engine to cool off, either by getting into some cool moving air or by simply shutting the engine off.  

As far as on board diagnostics, it does not operate like the stock unit.  It does have an engine monitors page that shows data from 44 different sensors/parameters that can be viewed on one screen, live.  It does not support trouble codes.  Thanks, JK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »

Nah, Hubbard, nothing like that.

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 12:06:51 PM »

JK,
New to this board. I had tracked you down here somehow from HTT. Anyhow, I read on one of your other posts that Zippers plan to have some updated maps available on their site. How soon? I Purchased a ThunderMax back in September 05 and the map I got was #HFAAAAAB15070605 (95" Sampson Slip On). Although the bike does run MUCH better than with the OEM ECM w/ stage II download, would a closer match to my actual build available by now? If so can it be emailed to me? My actual build is an 05 FLHRSI, 95", 203 Cams, stock heads, flat top pistons Krome Werks 100+ Slip-ons.

Thanks,
Gene

JK,
You missed answering my original post starting this particular thread with regard to getting an updated map..

Gene

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 06:33:02 PM »

Gene,

Right now we are concentrating on 2006 maps, which just got a little more complicated now that H-D has released a bulletin stating that they are changing the injectors used on production 2006 88" bikes to the 2006 CVO injector.  Also, our mapping guy will be working in Daytona with us, meaning no mapping while he is gone.  Please contact me directly at john.k at zippersperformance.com and I'll check for a map upgrade.  You might also check with Steve Scieszka at Scieszka Power if there is a specific mapping issue he can help you with.  While our production maps are quite good for a given application, production variences in injectors and throttle bodies (and other engine components) may produce different results in identical builds.  

Or, wait just a little longer as the finishing touches on the ThunderMax Auto-Tune device (NEW!) are being tested now.  The ThunderMax Auto-Tune is basically a wire harness with twin o2 sensors and electronics that interfaces with the ThunderMax module.  It will Auto-Tune the ThunderMax ECM as you ride!  See a demo at Daytona.

Here are excerpts from the H-D bulletin:

"SERVICE BULLETIN
M-1185 February 20, 2006
FUEL INJECTOR/CALIBRATION CHANGES FOR 2006 1450cc
BIG TWINS

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

Been gone for a week see even greater capability being added to the Thundermax.  This is the kind of product information that makes keeping spending money so difficult.  Really looking forward to that time when I can stop being a "soon to be no longer potential customer" and get to be a real one.  Waiting on cams sounds like it's going to work out great for spring though.  Thanks again for all the great information!

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 10:35:24 PM »

I hope this new feature will work with my current thundermax?

Gene

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 06:29:03 AM »

Gene,

Yes, it will work with all versions of the ThunderMax, however some earlier versions will need a quick re-flash of the firmware by us, which we will provide at no charge along with any other updates to software, etc.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 06:29:47 AM by jdk20723 »

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »

Gene,

Yes, it will work with all versions of the ThunderMax, however some earlier versions will need a quick re-flash of the firmware by us, which we will provide at no charge along with any other updates to software, etc.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.