Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: ThunderMax Update  (Read 6980 times)

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
Re: ThunderMax Update
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »

Nah, Hubbard, nothing like that.  Been busier than all get-out, with trade and consumer shows, now preparing for Daytona.  We'll be working out of a different vehicle (a tractor-trailer rig, with 3-4 other companies), so getting new displays together, new tool cart, etc.  We'll be at both Daytonas, both Myrtle Beaches, Laughlin and Sturgis with the big rig.  Other closer events we'll work from our usual trailer.  I'll chime in if the facts get too skewed.....

Regarding the ThunderMax, there should be no effect on your security system, as it is controlled by the TSSM, which is a separate unit that has authority over the ECM.  All factory gauges should also not be affected, but we have seen some issues with Harley's accessory speedo/tach unit.  As far as heat control, yes there are safeguards built it in regards to timing and fuel vs. temperature, but as with the factory unit, these will only slow the heat building process some; the ThunderMax will signal the engine light when the cylinder head temperature reaches 325 degrees, the start of a real danger zone.  At this point, you (the rider) should take action that will allow the engine to cool off, either by getting into some cool moving air or by simply shutting the engine off.  

As far as on board diagnostics, it does not operate like the stock unit.  It does have an engine monitors page that shows data from 44 different sensors/parameters that can be viewed on one screen, live.  It does not support trouble codes.  Thanks, JK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »

Nah, Hubbard, nothing like that.

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 12:06:51 PM »

JK,
New to this board. I had tracked you down here somehow from HTT. Anyhow, I read on one of your other posts that Zippers plan to have some updated maps available on their site. How soon? I Purchased a ThunderMax back in September 05 and the map I got was #HFAAAAAB15070605 (95" Sampson Slip On). Although the bike does run MUCH better than with the OEM ECM w/ stage II download, would a closer match to my actual build available by now? If so can it be emailed to me? My actual build is an 05 FLHRSI, 95", 203 Cams, stock heads, flat top pistons Krome Werks 100+ Slip-ons.

Thanks,
Gene

JK,
You missed answering my original post starting this particular thread with regard to getting an updated map..

Gene

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 06:33:02 PM »

Gene,

Right now we are concentrating on 2006 maps, which just got a little more complicated now that H-D has released a bulletin stating that they are changing the injectors used on production 2006 88" bikes to the 2006 CVO injector.  Also, our mapping guy will be working in Daytona with us, meaning no mapping while he is gone.  Please contact me directly at john.k at zippersperformance.com and I'll check for a map upgrade.  You might also check with Steve Scieszka at Scieszka Power if there is a specific mapping issue he can help you with.  While our production maps are quite good for a given application, production variences in injectors and throttle bodies (and other engine components) may produce different results in identical builds.  

Or, wait just a little longer as the finishing touches on the ThunderMax Auto-Tune device (NEW!) are being tested now.  The ThunderMax Auto-Tune is basically a wire harness with twin o2 sensors and electronics that interfaces with the ThunderMax module.  It will Auto-Tune the ThunderMax ECM as you ride!  See a demo at Daytona.

Here are excerpts from the H-D bulletin:

"SERVICE BULLETIN
M-1185 February 20, 2006
FUEL INJECTOR/CALIBRATION CHANGES FOR 2006 1450cc
BIG TWINS

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

Been gone for a week see even greater capability being added to the Thundermax.  This is the kind of product information that makes keeping spending money so difficult.  Really looking forward to that time when I can stop being a "soon to be no longer potential customer" and get to be a real one.  Waiting on cams sounds like it's going to work out great for spring though.  Thanks again for all the great information!

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 10:35:24 PM »

I hope this new feature will work with my current thundermax?

Gene

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 06:29:03 AM »

Gene,

Yes, it will work with all versions of the ThunderMax, however some earlier versions will need a quick re-flash of the firmware by us, which we will provide at no charge along with any other updates to software, etc.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 06:29:47 AM by jdk20723 »

GeneP

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »

Gene,

Yes, it will work with all versions of the ThunderMax, however some earlier versions will need a quick re-flash of the firmware by us, which we will provide at no charge along with any other updates to software, etc.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 22 queries.