Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLSTSE Quality Issues  (Read 1780 times)

Paulie

FLSTSE Quality Issues
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »

Hey Guys;

I have owned 12 HD's since I was 16.  My first was the 250 Sprint , with my lastest being a CVO Softail Convertible.
I am disappointed in this bike.  I have had to replace both front and rear fenders for paint flaws, the speedo has some flaws, and the passenger seat appears to be a bad design.  I love Harley and always have, but I think, for the $, >:( they did not keep to the quality on the bike...........Am I wrong?

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: FLSTSE Quality Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:16:48 PM »

Hey Guys;

I have owned 12 HD's since I was 16.  My first was the 250 Sprint , with my lastest being a CVO Softail Convertible.
I am disappointed in this bike.  I have had to replace both front and rear fenders for paint flaws, the speedo has some flaws, and the passenger seat appears to be a bad design.  I love Harley and always have, but I think, for the $, >:( they did not keep to the quality on the bike...........Am I wrong?

Can't agree or disagree Paulie..

Our passenger pegs drop every time you hit a bump, added spring washers will fix that. A few of the guys are finding the back pad rubbing the fender. There have been no published issues with the speedo that I know of with the exception of pulling the ASSY fuse before flashing the ECM. The ConV runs hot but with a tuner it cools down nicely and you really have to hold on tight. The clutch has to be bleed to get all the air out of it from the factory or your clutch will creep. Our paint looks great, no issues...

You could probably find an issue with all bikes if you run the gambit. Issues with some may not be noticed by others. Yes, the CVO costs more and you get more. At least the issues so far haven't been so bad we can't tweak them out or have HD fix them. For a first year bike... we're happy.

-wiz

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
Re: FLSTSE Quality Issues
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »

I haven't noticed any "flaws" so to speak, but the issues Wiz has stated are right on. My only real complaints are the clutch and the fact they didn't use chrome fasteners.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.