Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Neighbor knocked over my saddlebag and messed it up  (Read 3083 times)

JP-FLTRSE3

• West Texas

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Neighbor knocked over my saddlebag and messed it up
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »

Recently a friend with an 2009 O/B had a saddlebag fall off while he was going about 20mph leaving his dealer.  Scratched it up here and there but not as bad as you would think.  The dealer was at fault for not attaching it properly after a service.  Anyway they ordered a new complete bag.  The MOCO doesn't stock them and they don't paint them either.  The bag, extensions, etc. are being painted by someone in CA.  It's been 2 months and he doesn't have it yet, although it is supposed to ship to the dealer this week.  The dealer's cost is $1200.
2009 FLTRSE3
Cee Bailey, Corbin, Fullsac 2", X-Pipe, TTS, Iron Cross headphone jack, 15 states

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »

Recently a friend with an 2009 O/B had a saddlebag fall off while he was going about 20mph leaving his dealer.  Scratched it up here and there but not as bad as you would think.  The dealer was at fault for not attaching it properly after a service.  Anyway they ordered a new complete bag.  The MOCO doesn't stock them and they don't paint them either.  The bag, extensions, etc. are being painted by someone in CA.  It's been 2 months and he doesn't have it yet, although it is supposed to ship to the dealer this week.  The dealer's cost is $1200.

Thats funny, I discovered my bag cracked when I picked up the O/B 09 SERG.  They ordered and received a new (painted to match) bag in a couple weeks.  Of course they have replacement painted parts!  Hell, the bikes are only a year out of the factory!

Your friend is being a line...can't imagine a dealer ever doing that!

JP-FLTRSE3

• West Texas

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »

Not true, they never make to stock painted CVO parts.  If you got one quickly it was before they stopped the production run.  Ask you dealer how many standard parts are backordered currently.  Like all companies HD has drastically reduced inventories of everything.  For instance, the black plastic piece that surrounds the headlites.  Mine cracked on it's own 3 weeks ago.  My dealer ordered another and told me it would be at least 1 month since it is a painted CVO part.
2009 FLTRSE3
Cee Bailey, Corbin, Fullsac 2", X-Pipe, TTS, Iron Cross headphone jack, 15 states

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 04:54:52 PM »

I have a pair of used saddle bag lid covers, that I purchased from one of our forum members.
They are in real good shape......not using.........if you want and could use send me a pm and I work out a good price for you.
Sawyerghost.

Sawyer Ghost

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

Painted parts are done by batch run.

My just arrived/installed chopped tour-pak has a production date sticker of August 2009!~

Kind of a crap shoot... depends how much stock has already been depleted by people having accidents, etc.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »

Not true, they never make to stock painted CVO parts.  If you got one quickly it was before they stopped the production run.  Ask you dealer how many standard parts are backordered currently.  Like all companies HD has drastically reduced inventories of everything.  For instance, the black plastic piece that surrounds the headlites.  Mine cracked on it's own 3 weeks ago.  My dealer ordered another and told me it would be at least 1 month since it is a painted CVO part.

Well...I stand corrected! 

I guess that might be the reason why they released the paint codes so soon...Let the local boys fix'em!  I thought that'd be kept locked up with the presidential nuke launch codes and Area 51 files for a few more years.

strangebird

• Growing older but not up!

• CVO1: 2005 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 06:37:02 PM »

I will trade you your neighbor for mine

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

My drunkass neighbor that I have been trying to make invisible came by my house while I was cleaning my bike the other night. I have been trying to ditch this guy for the last year and have avoided him everytime he has tried to contact me. I could not get away from him this time.

I had one of my bags leaning up against the trash can. He staggered over by it and, bamb, knocks it over. The lid was open and slammed the concrete floor. Now I have some serious scratches on the lid that can't be rubbed out and one less nieghbor to deal with. He won't ever be back after I got through with him.

Lesson learned, never leave bags open and leaning against anything. Never let a drunkass neighbor that you don't like in your garage around your bike.

Does anybody know what it will cost me to get the lid repainted?

Hey Bit T,

Sorry to hear about your troubles... That's a SOB!

I know this may be considered late advise, but this is a great product that you'll use for years to come and hopefully will save your bags the next time someone comes knocking.

ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.