Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: keep stock Headers  (Read 9277 times)

Busterbrown

Re: keep stock Headers
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 09:36:24 AM »

The popping is a lean condition . The solution is to add fuel at the 0 % throttle position. I added 10 % from 0-2500 rpm.

jarhead

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »

Thanks Busterbrown I will try that, the only thing that sucks is I ordered the Commander and told them everything I was doing to the bike and they said it would be ready to install with all the settings in it from them. To top it off they sent me the installation instructions for the wrong style bike so I had to figure out how to cram all those new wires and box in there myself and its not going to be easy to get to so I can reprogram it.

rkoch

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »

Hey guys, I took off my headers this weekend and removing the CAT was pretty easy, BUT I cut it right in half first with a chop saw, then used a 3/8" drill bit and drilled around the perimeter inside of each half about 20 times.  Take a large channel lock plier and yank it out, clean up the loose stuff, no prob.  You have to reweld it anyway, might as well be right in the middle.  When done, I bought a $9 dollar can of black hi-temp header paint, sprayed it and done deal (grind your weld down first!).  I have a set of QQ's I put back on with gutted stock mufflers, way too ridiculously loud even for me.  So now I removed the QQ's and installed a pair of 1.75" Rush slip-on's (I swear EVERYONE has a spare exhaust for these things!).  I just ordered a Power Commander V today, so will install next week and remap.  Will keep you all posted - RK.

rkoch

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

;D
OK, done modifying exhaust now, it is SWEET.  Bike runs so much cooler now with CAT removed, love the sound of the 1.75" RUSH mufflers installed, am getting many, many complements on the deep sound ( what I was striving for).  Not overly loud when just cruising along, but you crack the throttle and you hear it!  I swear the torque is better too, but I still plan to install a Power Commander V and dyno to dial in properly.

Moral of the story, if you want a nice sound, remove the cat converter and install 1.75" Rush mufflers. - RK.

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 07:05:41 AM »

removed the cats had my customize mufflers fitted sound great out to chrome will post pics on bike in next week
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

AussieEagle

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.