Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i have a wobble question also  (Read 828 times)

panhead1

• Full CVO Member
i have a wobble question also
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:16:53 PM »

i have a 06 seuc.  For some reason no matter what the speed is or accelerating or decelerating it seems to wobble.  doesn't seem to really be a certain side or way it goes just depends on the road or wind it seems, but it just won't go straight.  i always seem to be fighting with it.  I trued up the motor and set up the wheels as best i could for alignment.  Which didn't change anything.  I tightened up the neck bearing a little. which didn't help either.  I took the shocks off of my 01 ultra and put them on.  that didn't help.  Only think i have left to do is take the forks off and take them apart and see if something is missing in there i would guess.  I put a level on the rear disc and made sure no wobble there and that is was straight.  I guess i need some more ideas from you guys to get this figured out. 

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: i have a wobble question also
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:24:28 PM »

Is the front wheel balanced correctly? maybe a balancing weight fell off.

Also jack up your bike so you can spin freely the front wheel to check that it spins true against a straight edge!
I once had this wobble problem which turned out to be the front wheel rim was slightly out of true, replace the spoked wheel with a HD Thunder star solid forged

panhead1

• Full CVO Member
Re: i have a wobble question also
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »

Ya I have spun the front wheel also and have seen no wobble. That's why I can't figure this out. Probably something simple I am missing but I can't find the problem.

Page created in 0.755 seconds with 22 queries.