Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Author Topic: Go West Old Man | Chapter Nine – The Final Stretch  (Read 32805 times)

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Go West Old Man | Chapter One - The Pick Up
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 03:28:12 PM »

Insert Quote
Quote from: Jock on May 28, 2010, 08:42:00 PM
Just as long as it is not my weenie she is biting!

Ouch!

Jimmy's

People sitting in nearby offices are wondering why I bursted out laughing.  Now that's some funny chit, Doc!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:29:55 PM by Panhead_Jimmy »
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »

UPDATE....

The motorsickle has arrived...Coming Soon - The Arrival!

:2vrolijk_21:

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:46 AM »

UPDATE....

The motorsickle has arrived...Coming Soon - The Arrival!

:2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper::orange: :orange:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »

Before he left I placed a token of my appreciation onto the soldier’s bike.  After being in another world for the past two years I knew his motorcycle could use some attention in some sort or another.  This appreciation would be given without a name or contact information…Only this statement – Thank You for your service to our nation and those that live in it.  A grateful US citizen.

That is a pretty bike

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:Great story
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »

Chapter Two – The Arrival

With the motorsickle on it’s way to Chino, CA it was time for me to begin the process of thinking about what to do upon the arrival.  At this point I must confess that while I made the commitment to attend the event I had performed very little regarding reviewing potential items of interest to visit.  Kinda late in the game I know but I have been somewhat lazy of late.  Can not explain it but a fire has been lit under my azz to give some thought to the matter.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 01:07:15 AM by Jock »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »

So what did I do?  A trip to Wal-Mart for a new US Atlas!  OK!  I know!  WTF!  An Atlas!  So Ole School!  Well that is what I did so there you have it.  Once I went to the South California section it hit me…Oh Chit!  What the #e!! had I been thinking!  L.A., Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Malibu Beach and it keeps going and going!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »

Well it this point it just becomes overwhelming and I said I will allow nature to take its course but I have a couple of must sees.  So what that being said this allowed me to going back to be lazy again and I am good with that.  No stress!  Just enjoy what you get!  Cool!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »

When I shipped the motorsickle off I took comfort that it was only eight “working” days left until I departed for California!  It just sounded better than the thirteen actual days it would be and it’s all about taking off from work right?  During those days it would feel like a lifetime and I was ten years old ago!  “Is it time yet!”, “Are we there!”

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »

On June 3rd I received a telephone call from Ronda from Federal and she informed me that my motorsickle had arrived and was awaiting my arrival.   This was earlier than expected and I was pleased to hear that information.  The motorsickle had only changed trucks once since it was picked up from my home.

Having heard that news I was even more anxious to get over to the West Coast.  After all the motorsickle was now waiting on me!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »

“Okay, okay, okay, okay” (A quote from Lethal Weapon II – Leo Getz – aka Joe Pesci)  it’s June 9th and now I am truly excited for this event.  With all of the distractions in life it allows us to focus upon how we get here and not why we are not there.

At this point it becomes clear that I have truly become someone else for certain.  In the past I would have had EVERYTHING planned and stressed upon the results of a plan.  However I have become much more “mellow” in my age and behavior which I enjoy for the most part.

Yes I have given some thought to the necessary tasks to be performed prior to departure but it’s like I just smoked a joint and said…”Wow Man!  Cool! and I allow the world to surround me and I past through it!

Tomorrow brings upon another level and I must be able to handle the tasks assigned to it. 

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »

June 10th - Time for the final preparation…

-   Homestead secure
-   Animals cared for
-   Pay all of the bills
-   Make sure there are funds available given an emergency
-   Transportation finalized

Ahhhhh…..F-it!  Make it happen and have some fun!  That list is too long anyway to post!

Winner!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 08:25:06 PM »

Captain’s Log:  It’s 5:00am and I am being picked up by my poor sister who has the burden of taking me to the airport given the outrageous parking fees!   Thank GOD for family!  Who the #e!! would conduct this task outside of them?  Friends?  Maybe but that is another position for another thread.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 08:25:35 PM »

“Okay, okay, okay” time to leave the home town airport with a stop off to Dallas-Ft. Worth then on to San Diego!  We arrive at the airport boarding pass already in hand.  All we must accomplish is to check in a bag!

Wrong!

Alright I knew that I was going to have to pay $25 for the bag and I had weighted it prior to departing the house.  It was going to be 5lbs over the 50lb limit.  I should have taken some of the contents out but my carry on bag was full.  I had already picked my bike to the limit.

In the past I was forgiven for my few extra pounds but not this time.  Those five extra pounds would come with an additional charge of $50.  This now placed my baggage charge to $75.  #e!! I am uncertain if I even had $75 in value in the baggage.

But the way the guy in front of me with the 200lbs of extra body fat was not placed on the scale and given an extra charge for his baggage.  Maybe next time I will just eat my clothing and allow it to past through my digestive system to save some cash.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 08:26:17 PM »

So after check in, deposing of some additional cash, it was time to board the sardine can they can an airplane.

Funny thing when you fly, you never know who your neighbors may be…a sports star, nice looking lady, local celebrity, talker, sleeper, reader, the list goes on and on.  Well as luck would have it…

wait for it….wait for it…it coming! 

Yep you got it.  A mother and her over-achieve, winery son talking all the time driving folks crazy.  If I heard one more Sponge Bob Square Pants story I would have died!

In addition little did I know that the airlines had upgraded their amenities to include massage seating now.  Oh no, wait that was my neighbor “Problem Child” hitting the back of my seat for the entire flight.

What ever happen to our “travel manners”?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.