Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: H-D's COO Comments  (Read 5134 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: H-D's COO Comments
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 12:12:41 AM »

I've actually heard some (drag) pipes make a V-Twin HD engine sound bad.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »

Well here it goes. I started riding rice rockets at a young age.We put on the race pipes as the first mod we did (of course the mandated re-jetting).They were loud and when the RPM's got up there they were plain offensive.Then with the hot rod cars with Hookers and free flowing mufflers then to my 89 Mustang GT with no cats and Flowmasters.Never once really looking for performance but just the sweet note of the exhaust tone.Then I got my OCD,Harley Davidson.I thought it was mandatory to go with straight drags,louder equals better and badder.You would see some actually hear first some jackass riding by with a Sporty with those 1 1/4 inch drags wailling but looked like he was in slow motion. Noisy as hell slow as f@@k.As I matured a bit more I started to putt putt through my neighborhood because I didn't want cops posted at the corner waiting for me when I got home ,possibly with a couple too many pops in me.Then all the holiday weekends local cops in all the hot biker areas would have 3 or 4 cops just out there to enforce loud pipes and would have road blocks set up for just that reason. I got sick and tired of getting yanked over,ticketed and having to get the bike re-inspected.That means swapping out the drags for stockers ,leaving work early ,inspecting then swap back.I since sold that bike and now own my 02 SERK.I put on the Rineharts but I WILL keep the baffles in.I will no longer look over my shoulder every time I pass  a cop to see if he's pulling out after me.As for your riding buddies in group rides.I was that azzhole who would fly up on your left a gear to low and shake the loose skin on your neck.It got to the point that I had to be in front(where I like it) or the last bike in the pack(the one who has to blow every damn red light).I'm now a changed man .I ride because I enjoy it and I want to keep it that way.If you want loud pipes and your mantra to concerned neighbors and authorities is to get ear plugs or hide in the basement then maybe shame on you.You'll be the one when federal mandates make you put those Electrolux size cans on your scoot for a muffler and cry about it.So lets be a little more understanding of others and maybe they will give us a little more understanding.Thats my 2 cents.Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »

Well here it goes. I started riding rice rockets at a young age.We put on the race pipes as the first mod we did (of course the mandated re-jetting).They were loud and when the RPM's got up there they were plain offensive.Then with the hot rod cars with Hookers and free flowing mufflers then to my 89 Mustang GT with no cats and Flowmasters.Never once really looking for performance but just the sweet note of the exhaust tone.Then I got my OCD,Harley Davidson.I thought it was mandatory to go with straight drags,louder equals better and badder.You would see some actually hear first some jackass riding by with a Sporty with those 1 1/4 inch drags wailling but looked like he was in slow motion. Noisy as hell slow as f@@k.As I matured a bit more I started to putt putt through my neighborhood because I didn't want cops posted at the corner waiting for me when I got home ,possibly with a couple too many pops in me.Then all the holiday weekends local cops in all the hot biker areas would have 3 or 4 cops just out there to enforce loud pipes and would have road blocks set up for just that reason. I got sick and tired of getting yanked over,ticketed and having to get the bike re-inspected.That means swapping out the drags for stockers ,leaving work early ,inspecting then swap back.I since sold that bike and now own my 02 SERK.I put on the Rineharts but I WILL keep the baffles in.I will no longer look over my shoulder every time I pass

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »

Check out the article in Hot Bike Vol. 38, No. 4, 2006

You can email me for a PDF copy, if you do not have it...I do not have a host to post it...

Here's the article, I did not know how to post it in the past...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.