Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 1992 FXR conversion to 96" kit - need advice  (Read 23850 times)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 1992 FXR conversion to 96" kit - need advice
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2006, 01:34:22 PM »

the overall package sounded worth trying with no risks.
;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2006, 01:39:45 PM »

Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. There
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »

I just received some flyers and info fom PSI. My Bro-Law wanted it to check out carb for a 77 FLH Shovel [smiley=confused5.gif] :-/ :-?Anyway; I'm gonna keep an eye on yall's posts to see what happens...Later
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 09:36:42 PM by elvislee »

Tros

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 11:06:22 AM »

Hoist - i talked to Wes at CycleRama. He ordered the PSI Carb and will do a back to back test with his 124 with Makuni 48mm.  He thinks the claims may be too good to be true but will test it.  He says he will get back to me in a couple weeks with the results. Bruce at PSI seems knowledgable but doesn't have any Dyno sheets to back up his claim but rather drops names of chopper builders.  it will be interesting to see what Wes thinks of it after testing it.

best

Free

What ever became of this comparison with the Mikuni?  Which one won?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »

I forgot about this one! Whatever did happen with that Free. I've decided to stick with my S&S Super for now, but was interested to hear first hand how anyone liked the PSI carb. Thanks for renewing this Tros! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Tros

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »

Yeah, I've been digging around a bit, lol.  BTW I saw your early FXST, nice.  8)  I've always wanted to stick a Panhead in one of those.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2007, 10:32:31 PM »

Yeah, I've been digging around a bit, lol.  BTW I saw your early FXST, nice.  8)  I've always wanted to stick a Panhead in one of those.

Hey Tros, the '86 FXST is Headpan's. He just restored that. Mine's the '85 FXWG. It's a 4-speed, swingarm, Evo. Rare combo! ;) Hoist! 8)

Tros

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2007, 10:41:22 PM »

Hey Tros, the '86 FXST is Headpan's. He just restored that. Mine's the '85 FXWG. It's a 4-speed, swingarm, Evo. Rare combo! ;) Hoist! 8)

I sit corrected.   :-[  I was thinking of both while also  :drink:  ing.  LOL! 

HD did some strange things at the end of the Shovel era. 

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 04:43:17 PM »

Wes told me he got the carb and was going to throw it on the dyno (that was a couple weeks ago). I haven't heard from him yet but will follow up.

Free

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »

I was recently informed that the TC is a direct bolt-in replacement for the Evo in the FXR and Evo FLHT frames as long as you retain the TC transmission.  Mounting points are in the same locations.  To retain your original swingarm, you must use a pre-2002 model year TC transmission.  If you are willing to update the swingarm, you can use any 2002-present FLH trans.

Can anyone confirm this? I am still trying to decide what to do with my '93 FXRS project.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2007, 08:19:48 PM »

I was recently informed that the TC is a direct bolt-in replacement for the Evo in the FXR and Evo FLHT frames as long as you retain the TC transmission.  Mounting points are in the same locations.  To retain your original swingarm, you must use a pre-2002 model year TC transmission.  If you are willing to update the swingarm, you can use any 2002-present FLH trans.

Can anyone confirm this? I am still trying to decide what to do with my '93 FXRS project.

A Twincam is not a direct bolt-in replacement for an Evo in a stock factory FXR frame.  Chopper Guys offers FXR frames for Evo's and Twincam's that allow you to use most of your original FXR components.  They should be able to give you plenty of reasons why this won't work.

http://www.chopperguys.com

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »

Wes is elbow deep in the Daytona frenzy and hasn't tested it yet, so no update there

Free

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 07:30:44 PM »

Wes is elbow deep in the Daytona frenzy and hasn't tested it yet, so no update there

Free

Thanks Free. I'm really interested to see if it performs as claimed or if it's smoke and mirrors. Appreciate for the update! Hoist! 8)

RedFXR2

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2007, 08:44:21 AM »

I was recently informed that the TC is a direct bolt-in replacement for the Evo in the FXR and Evo FLHT frames as long as you retain the TC transmission.  Mounting points are in the same locations.

May not be exactly what you mean but Jims is now making a 120 TC with Evo mounts.  It bolts right into any HD Evo frame.  Might make for an interesting upgrade, depending on your budget.  I don't know about transmission requirements but I would guess that a TC transmission would be compatible.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.