Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BBQ, Bluegrass Music and Blueridge Parkway  (Read 1188 times)

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
BBQ, Bluegrass Music and Blueridge Parkway
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »

If you are in the Asheville, NC area and like good BBQ and Bluegrass Music, Check out the Fidlin Pig on Tunnel Road, TGhen you are only a couple miles from the Blueridge Parkway, We rode from Asheville to Maggie Vally Sunday, Started out with short sleeve shirt wound up with a jacket before we got to the top then back to short sleeves by the time we got to MV, And what a beautiful ride.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: BBQ, Bluegrass Music and Blueridge Parkway
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:44:38 PM »

:cucumber:
You're right on,  that's great riding area out there.  Have done that before and would do it again.  I'm in the other end of the state so not too close for me.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:37:14 AM »

I'm leaving from Richmond VA in two weeks. Where should I stay? I plan to drive to Maggie valley the first day and then stay for three nights?
Bill

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »

If you are staying in Maggie Valley there are a lot of motels to choose from, I can't recommend any certain one because we hardly ever stay in MV, Its only about an 1 1/2 hr ride from Knoxville, and when we stay in that area we stay in Cherokee, NC. But on your way down on the Blueridge stop and check out Station's Inn mile post 248 Laurel Springs, NC I think its HWY 18, Good food!! Another good place to take a break is Pisgah Inn mile post 408, Great View and they have a General Store there as well.

Ride Safe  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 23 queries.