Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i have a question. bad "cruise set" switch  (Read 1164 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
i have a question. bad "cruise set" switch
« on: July 09, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »

i am going to replace the cruise set switch on the rh switch housing.  The kit comes with 3 pretty long wires. Do they connect at the harness inside the fairing? It does have a few short pieces of heat shrink tubing. I would think that these 3 wires have to be fed down the loom then connected to where the old wires went. Gonna attemp this tomorrow if anyone can please offer some help...  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:41:45 PM by cvostu »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: i have a question. bad "cruise set" switch
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:45:09 PM »

i am going to replace the cruise set switch on the rh switch housing.  The kit comes with 3 pretty long wires. Do they connect at the harness inside the fairing? It does have a few short pieces of heat shrink tubing. I would think that these 3 wires have to be fed down the loom then connected to where the old wires went. Gonna attemp this tomorrow if anyone can please offer some help...  Thanks.

Yes, They connect in the fairing. You can however remove the housing and make the connections there using solder and heat shrink tubing. Pull the wires out of the bars a bit to give yourself sone working room. Be sure to stagger the connection points so you do not end up with a large tumur in on spot as the housing will be difficult to put back together.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:46:44 AM »

thanks Jim... as always, you are right there with the help...  thanks again...  oh,,  and i love those new shocks you sent to me,,,much better all around.. :2vrolijk_21:

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 02:19:22 AM »

thanks Jim... as always, you are right there with the help...  thanks again...  oh,,  and i love those new shocks you sent to me,,,much better all around.. :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 22 queries.