Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motyorcycle accident saved my life  (Read 1658 times)

jc14299

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
Motyorcycle accident saved my life
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

While riding through a small town in Virginia, I was following a car and going about 25 MPH.  All of a sudden, the car in front discovered he missed a turn and slammed on his brakes.  I braked hard and laid my bike down when I saw that I was going to hit him.  I had minimal damage to my bike, but broke 2 upper ribs and my left ankle.  After my ribs healed, I started getting chest pains.  I thought my ribs healed against a nerve or something like that.  The doctors took xrays and said everything was fine.  They suggested I take a stress test.  I did and discovered that I had severe blockage in my arteries (80%, 90%, 90% 100%).  Immediately went into emergency surgery and had triple bypass surgery.  My heart doctor told me that I dodged a major bullet.  He said I would have had a major fatal heart attack at any time.  It was hard for him to admit, but the accident saved my life.  Had I not has the accident, I would concluded that I was out of shape and needed to hit the treadmill.  That would have killed me. :bananarock:
2008 CVO Ultra - Copper Canyon/silver, SE - Pro Super Tuner, Knight Prowler TW9B-6 cam, D&D 2 into 1 fat cat exhaust with ghost pipe.

2006 CVO V Rod - Yellow/silver, Power Commander, Rinehart exhaust.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Motyorcycle accident saved my life
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:32:55 PM »

While riding through a small town in Virginia, I was following a car and going about 25 MPH.  All of a sudden, the car in front discovered he missed a turn and slammed on his brakes.  I braked hard and laid my bike down when I saw that I was going to hit him.  I had minimal damage to my bike, but broke 2 upper ribs and my left ankle.  After my ribs healed, I started getting chest pains.  I thought my ribs healed against a nerve or something like that.  The doctors took xrays and said everything was fine.  They suggested I take a stress test.  I did and discovered that I had severe blockage in my arteries (80%, 90%, 90% 100%).  Immediately went into emergency surgery and had triple bypass surgery.  My heart doctor told me that I dodged a major bullet.  He said I would have had a major fatal heart attack at any time.  It was hard for him to admit, but the accident saved my life.  Had I not has the accident, I would concluded that I was out of shape and needed to hit the treadmill.  That would have killed me. :bananarock:

Well.....congratulations on successful heart surgery!   :2vrolijk_21: 

I guess you never know good luck from bad luck until all the cards are played....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:59 PM »

Congratulations!  I know the feeling.  I broke my toe and they decided in a follow up visit to do an EKG.  I had 2 blokeages confirmed be an angiogram.  My brother dropped dead 5 months later.  Now I have no damage and no restrictions.  The medications are working fabulously.  I'm glad I didn't wreck my bike to find it out though.  The broken toe was bad enough.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »

Glad you and your bike are ok. I guess that's that silver lining everyone is always talking about.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »

Glad of both outcomes! Now you can enjoy the rest of what life has for you.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 02:40:56 PM »

If I have anti-lock rear brakes can I still slide the bike or am I destined to go over the bars.

If over 50, you may want to try crashing into a deer, flipping over the bars and land flat on your ass if you haven't had your prostate checked regularly.

Make sure to wear a helmet if thinking about your hearing or vision.

Glad to hear you're going to be fine and I hope your heart if not your ankle is back into riding.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.