Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Installing Fairing bra?  (Read 2625 times)

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SE Fatboy Silver Mist
    • CVO2: 2006 Street Glide Black
    • CVO3: 2009 SE Road Glide orange
Installing Fairing bra?
« on: June 21, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »

Going to Sturgis in August and wanted to install the HD Bra on the SERG to minumize chips and dings if possible.I have the HD bra on my Street Glide and it's not to bad to take on and off and has saved the front fairing several times on long trips.My question is can the headlamp and black bezel on the Serg which is differant than a standard RG shown in the instructions be removed without taking the entire frt outer fairing off?The instruction show the bra going under the headlamp lens (SERG'S don't have this) on a standard RG  and cliping in the four corners of the lens and also attaching under the tun signals,windshield and clipping between the inner and outer fairings..Has anyone tried to install one of these on a SERG?Thanks.

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SE Fatboy Silver Mist
    • CVO2: 2006 Street Glide Black
    • CVO3: 2009 SE Road Glide orange
Re: Installing Fairing bra?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »

guess not

Chainsaw

Re: Installing Fairing bra?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »

Going to Sturgis in August and wanted to install the HD Bra on the SERG to minumize chips and dings if possible.I have the HD bra on my Street Glide and it's not to bad to take on and off and has saved the front fairing several times on long trips.My question is can the headlamp and black bezel on the Serg which is differant than a standard RG shown in the instructions be removed without taking the entire frt outer fairing off?The instruction show the bra going under the headlamp lens (SERG'S don't have this) on a standard RG  and cliping in the four corners of the lens and also attaching under the tun signals,windshield and clipping between the inner and outer fairings..Has anyone tried to install one of these on a SERG?Thanks.

It my understanding that the 2009 SERG are just like the 2010 FLTRX's.  If it infact is,. then yes you can take the bezel off and remove the headlights without taking the outer fairing off.  I've never had one on a Road Glide, but like you had one on an Electra glide for a while.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.