Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ergonomics for an FXR4  (Read 1435 times)

Sputnik

Ergonomics for an FXR4
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »

I purchased a Tangerine FXR4 last year and have been thinking about riding it long distance to the Sturgis Rally. My problem is that the previous owner added drag bars and the stock seat stretches me to reach the bars. I really hate to mess with the bars as all of the cables are braided and new.Can anyone recomend a seat that might get me closer to the bars? Help in Dallas. I found a HD Badlander seat on E-bay, however it appears as though it would place me about the same distance from the bars as the stock seat. Your thoughts.

Thanks for the replies! I was really after information regarding a different seat rather than changing bars. I know changing bars will work, but I like the look of the dragbars,and for short trips they are bearable. Any thoughts on seats?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:06:52 PM by Sputnik »

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: Ergonomics for an FXR4
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »

Hi,
 I ahve a FXR4 that had come stock with drag bars. I did not  like them because they were too narrow and I had a hard time trying to see out of the rear view mirrors. I bought some stock Dyna/Sportster handle bars that were wider with a 4 inch rise and come back closer to me a small amount. Enough to make me happy. I was able to use the stock legnth throttle cables. There was enough slack in the wiring if you cut a few cable ties here and there but I did get a longer clutch cable. It is alot more enjoyable. I have made several 500 plus mile day trips.
LTank

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Ergonomics for an FXR4
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »

Change to bars like the 1999 had and add 4 1/2" pullback risers, no cable changes needed.  I did that to mine last year.  Pictures posted on another topic.
drag bars and straight risers is weird.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.