Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield F/02 FXDWG3  (Read 3549 times)

harleydude2929

Windshield F/02 FXDWG3
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »

I just purchased an 02 Switchblade. I need to put a windshield on my bike. I don't want to remove the headlight fairing to do this. The fairing just sets the bike off in my opinion. Can anybody help me find someone that has done this or help me find a place that can custom make a windshield that will accent the bike and also be functional?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:58:55 AM by harleydude2929 »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Windshield F/02 FXDWG3
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:05:12 PM »

Congrats on the new scoot! You're the first new Switchblade owner to join in several months, welcome aboard. When you get a moment, you may want to head over to the "New Member" thread and introduce yourself.

Getting a windshield on a Switchblade is not too challenging, I've done 2 myself and I am not that mechanically inclined. Read through this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=719.0;all .

When you've digested that, decide what type of windshield you want to put on. Return here an post any specific questions. Folks here will help you out. When you are done, it should look something like the photo below.

If you want to see 100 other ways to spend money on your WG3, visit here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.300

Lots of other great threads in the FXDWG2/FXDWG3 section as well. Check them out.

All the great folks here to help you save money and spend even more!

harleydude2929

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:29:08 PM »

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the info you sent me. As soon as I got your reply I went straight to the local HD shop here and picked up everything I need to put the windshield on. Did I see somewhere, that there is a template that I can get my hands on? If so I would love to have that, to keep all the guess work out of the cutting....Who did the flames on your shield? That looks great, very nice. I have an oprutunity to get an 01 switchblade. It is in very good condition, and the price is right.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »

dude,

Info on my windshield and painter is here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.225

The guy who offered the template hasn't logged on since 2006 so it's probably a long shot that you could get his attention. The template he had was for the Super Sport windshield. What style windshield did you purchase?

If you need a template of the outline of the windshield I am using, I could send you one. PM me your mailing address and I'll do a tracing and send it along.

If you have a chance to get a WG2 at a great price and it's in good shape, pick it up! Red is the fastest of the three colors.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:32:00 PM by Buy early »

harleydude2929

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »

Morning Buy Early,
I purchased a 57965-97A Smoked Super Sport Windshield, and 58350-96 Docking Hardware Kit. This is the same shield that I pulled off the post I found on here. I would love to get a template, so I don't have to guess to much. It is going to take some nerve, and a very sturdy hand to cut up a perfectly good shield. I also would like to know what you used to make the cut. I read that a gig saw with a fine tooth blade. I was also told by someone that a dermal tool would do the job. How did you brace or hold the shield while cutting it? It looks like I'm going to have to move my front turn lights down on the forks to make the bike look better, and to give the room for the shield to work. I really appreciate all the advice and info you have given me and will keep you updated with photo's on the outcome of all the changes I'm going to make.
I picked up that 01 Switchblade (Red) it was in very good condition, and was priced sooooo right, I couldn't pass it up. I'm now the proud owner of a pair of switchblades. I will pass on a pic of my bike as soon as I can. My work has me hopping to the tune of 70 hours a week, and no end in sight. All I think about while working is riding my new babies.

Stay Safe, Dude

harleydude2929

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »

Buy Earley,
I checked out all the pics of your bike. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!! What a ride, you have a very nice ride, GOOD JOB.
Dude

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »

Morning Buy Early,
I purchased a 57965-97A Smoked Super Sport Windshield, and 58350-96 Docking Hardware Kit. This is the same shield that I pulled off the post I found on here. I would love to get a template, so I don't have to guess to much. It is going to take some nerve, and a very sturdy hand to cut up a perfectly good shield. I also would like to know what you used to make the cut. I read that a gig saw with a fine tooth blade. I was also told by someone that a dermal tool would do the job. How did you brace or hold the shield while cutting it? It looks like I'm going to have to move my front turn lights down on the forks to make the bike look better, and to give the room for the shield to work. I really appreciate all the advice and info you have given me and will keep you updated with photo's on the outcome of all the changes I'm going to make.
I picked up that 01 Switchblade (Red) it was in very good condition, and was priced sooooo right, I couldn't pass it up. I'm now the proud owner of a pair of switchblades. I will pass on a pic of my bike as soon as I can. My work has me hopping to the tune of 70 hours a week, and no end in sight. All I think about while working is riding my new babies.

Stay Safe, Dude

Dude, did you get your windshield cut?

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.