Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '10 CVO Maintenance Manual for Crimson Black?  (Read 1937 times)

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
'10 CVO Maintenance Manual for Crimson Black?
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »

Is there a separate manual for the CVO Ultra's or is it just the general touring maintenance manual?  I'm asking because there are a few differences in the '10 CVO's and the Crimson Black CVO.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: '10 CVO Maintenance Manual for Crimson Black?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »

General touring service manual will cover most everything. There is a service manual supplement for the 10 SE Ultra that has the added items such as the hydro clutch and engine differences.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »

Is there a separate manual for the CVO Ultra's or is it just the general touring maintenance manual?  I'm asking because there are a few differences in the '10 CVO's and the Crimson Black CVO.

The only difference between the '10 CVO Ultras and the '10 Crimson Black CVO UC is the addition of the GPS, the color of tins and blackout for various chrome parts. Other than the dash mount for the Zumo, there really is no other mechanical difference between the Black Crimson SEUC and the 3 other color combinations that I am aware of.

doode

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Crimson Mist/Dark Slate
    • CVO2: 2006 CVO Screamin Eagle V-Rod - SOLD
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »

The only difference between the '10 CVO Ultras and the '10 Crimson Black CVO UC is the addition of the GPS, the color of tins and blackout for various chrome parts. Other than the dash mount for the Zumo, there really is no other mechanical difference between the Black Crimson SEUC and the 3 other color combinations that I am aware of.

And I think the remote power lock on the tour-pack and bags......

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:10:15 AM »

All of the 2010 SE Ultras (as well as the 2009 SEUCs) have power locks on the saddlebags and TP. There is no difference between the various colored 2010 SE Ultras other than the blacked out version has a Zumo pre-installed on the dash.

I personally prefer my Zumo on the handlebar where its closer to reach. The only difference the black out SE Ultra has is that in addition to different colored tins, it also has alot of the chrome blacked out such as the front forks, air cleaner and most other hardware that's chrome on the 3 other colors. For my tastes I happen to prefer the chrome to the blacked out look, but that's why they make different versions for different tastes.

The only other real difference is the numbering on the tins and the huge markups dealers were squeezing out of customers for the blacked out look.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 11:35:58 PM »

General touring service manual will cover most everything. There is a service manual supplement for the 10 SE Ultra that has the added items such as the hydro clutch and engine differences.

Don't forget the additional $35 for the manual itself. MoCo needs all the extra money they can get.

RJW

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE5d #506
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »

Quote from: doode on July 09, 2010, 06:03:36 PM

All of the 2010 SE Ultras (as well as the 2009 SEUCs) have power locks on the saddlebags and TP. There is no difference between the various colored 2010 SE Ultras other than the blacked out version has a Zumo pre-installed on the dash.

I personally prefer my Zumo on the handlebar where its closer to reach. The only difference the black out SE Ultra has is that in addition to different colored tins, it also has alot of the chrome blacked out such as the front forks, air cleaner and most other hardware that's chrome on the 3 other colors. For my tastes I happen to prefer the chrome to the blacked out look, but that's why they make different versions for different tastes.

The only other real difference is the numbering on the tins and the huge markups dealers were squeezing out of customers for the blacked out look.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      You are wrong!!!! It has the power locking Ignition switch.Just like the 2011. So get it right.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 06:23:58 AM »

Quote from: doode on July 09, 2010, 06:03:36 PM

The only other real difference is the numbering on the tins and the huge markups dealers were squeezing out of customers for the blacked out look.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      You are wrong!!!! It has the power locking Ignition switch.Just like the 2011. So get it right.

I stand corrected there are 2 (non-paint) related differences between the 2010 Blacked-out "bad boy" SEUC and the the 3 other versions of the 2010 SEUC. A pre-installed Zumo and the power locking ignition switch. Otherwise the bikes are identical both mechanically and electrically.

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.